displaying posts 76 to 100 of 659

Pages (27): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: 2wd Offroad Buggy
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
Yeah, you can pay me

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 26th Mar 2009 at 05:46
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #77
damn, I wanted some snapon....

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 26th Mar 2009 at 12:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
Well, I've just spent 4 hours getting a bloody rollpin out of a driveshaft, kinda put paid to having it ready for the weekend.

f*cking car.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 27th Mar 2009 at 04:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
Made it to Waterbeach this weekend for a bit of fun, unfortunately with a sporadic engine cut out problem which I suspect is the alternator given the battery voltage is dropping.
That and the melted alternator terminal...

Got a few good runs in though and shook the revised front suspension down - spent last week realigning it, new springs, alter the dampers and changed the bumpstops and torsion bar rates, the front is about spot on now, in fact we went over 2 foot by 2 foot square trenches designed to slow tanks down without being able to feel it through the car, so that's working well.
The rear is on the soft side so we're just waiting for some new springs now, it's fine whilst in the forests or along most of the bumpy stuff, but it slams the rear skid plate onto the floor on the bigger jumps, always knew it wanted harder rear springs but now we know how much to go with, so the suspension is finally working at last. Smile

She still runs a bit too warm even with the new scoop, so the exhaust manifold is coming off to be given an internal and external ceramic powdercoat, as it's the heat building up around the engine causing problems rather than the water/oil temp, it was damned warm weather though, which didn't help - 21* and blue skies, better than rain but wasn't helping the engine!

Ended up having to shortshift and leave it in third in the tight stuff and letting it haul itself out to keep the exhaust temperatures down (and whoever says rotaries have no torque wants to come and sit in this thing, when it pulls itself from axle deep, out of soil full of clay, in a forest, at 2krpm in 3rd...)

Other than that she's doing well at last, it might actually do a full event next month! LOL

Got to try and sort a bit more silencing though, 105db driveby and 104 static where everyone else was 104 static and ~90db driveby....whooops LOL

Email me!
Posted 27th Apr 2009 at 17:43
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
Pictures of our car always seem to be when it's broken, anyone would think it did it often LOL Whistle

Doh

Email me!
Posted 27th Apr 2009 at 18:12
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #81
Ah well, Rome wasn't built in a day...

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 28th Apr 2009 at 04:26
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #82
I could've built Rome in the time spent on this thing LOL

At least it's easy work to sort this time around!

Email me!
Posted 28th Apr 2009 at 04:28
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #83
2nd pic looks like, "erm, wonder if it'll work if I poke this...."

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Apr 2009 at 04:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #84
That was me fishing the remains of the melted alternator post out LOL

The little kid escaped from his hamster wheel, that was the problem Razz

Email me!
Posted 28th Apr 2009 at 05:15
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
Right, managed to get hold of some zirconium ceramic blanket that they use to line the furnaces at Corus - the stuff is an inch thick, and shall be wrapping the exhaust with it to try get even more heat out of the engine bay.
If this doesn't sort it, nothing will, you can put a blowtorch at one side of it and your hand on the other and just about gets lukewarm...

Email me!
Posted 6th May 2009 at 01:14
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #86
And it now boasts a pair of ducts picking up the boundary airflow from the doors to try to relieve the heat from the ex. manifold.

Testing tommorow!

Email me!
Posted 9th May 2009 at 03:45
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #87
Sorted the brakes out, stripped and regreased all the suspension arms/bushes, and the heat problem is finally solved.

Adjusted the clutch slightly as it was slipping after a gearchange and then 2 minutes down the test track, into 4th gear, BANG.

It's snapped the input shaft clean off the gearbox we think Sad

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 15:49
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #88
Right, new gearbox for

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 15:49
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
Well, the oil's still getting a touch warm, but she finished an event at last! Big grin

And she's got a shiny trophy with 1st in class on to prove it Cheers

And the best thing is, sort the oil temperature out next weekend and there's a lot more to come yet, it hasn't even got an LSD in it at the moment, it's 1-wheel-drive on the slippy stuff LOL

Email me!
Posted 25th May 2009 at 04:15
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
phillipm wrote:
And she's got a shiny trophy with 1st in class on to prove it Cheers

Thumbs up Well Done Thumbs up

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 25th May 2009 at 05:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #91
I think we got the highest jump too but waiting for them to confirm it, something like 25ft in the air and 75ft long.

It's nice to actually finish an event after all the work that's gone into it, the trophy is a bonus! LOL

Email me!
Posted 25th May 2009 at 18:07
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #92
Couple of pictures from walking the course:

I've missed out all the tight twisty stuff in the bottom of the valley 'cause it was so slippy I was more concerned about not falling flat on my arse than taking pictures!

No pictures of cars I'm afraid, I was rather busy when the cars were going around.
Can't think why...

The photo's of the downhill gravel bits are where I've turned around for a picture - it was bloody nearly all uphill bar the forest!

And that big field you can see at the end of the gravel track goes over the hill - you go all the way around that - harder than it sounds, it was a 45* degree slope to slither across on the other side - and come back out the other side of the paddock you can see and down the hill into the slippery shit in bottom of the valley for a couple of miles.

Actually remembered to take my camera with me on the walk-around for once!
Trying to go around on knackered old push-bikes the day before was a bad idea though...LOL

Email me!
Posted 25th May 2009 at 20:07
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #93

Going up, next stop, 3rd floor...

Email me!
Posted 25th May 2009 at 20:24
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #94

And back down again a few seconds later....

Email me!
Posted 25th May 2009 at 20:30
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #95
looks good! Congrats on the trophy Big grin

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 27th May 2009 at 22:57
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #96
She wants the back dampers valving a touch harder to suit the new spring rate - and I think a limited slip diff. to stop it being 1 wheel drive on the wet grass might help somewhat too - but she she's good enough to make you laugh in the cockpit:

I haven't got any video of it on the faster gravel or forest bits yet, hoping someone sends some this weekend.

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 15:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
There's some video from the previous round at the same place on Motors TV tonight at about 2:30-ish.

No idea if it's worth watching from a TV perspective as they're limited to all-terrain tyres rather than proper off-road Fedimar/Sahara's, but if anyone's still up and bored...

Email me!
Posted 30th May 2009 at 18:03
adamhhr

Junior User

Post #98
ooooh hello mr ur here to aye Razz

not just a hobby , but a way of life, WWW.HAMPSHIREHOTRIDES.CO.UK
Posted 30th May 2009 at 18:27
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
I told you, I'm everywhere LOL

Email me!
Posted 30th May 2009 at 18:29
adamhhr

Junior User

Post #100
lol yeah just reading the dimma charger topic :O wow:O

not just a hobby , but a way of life, WWW.HAMPSHIREHOTRIDES.CO.UK
Posted 30th May 2009 at 18:42

Pages (27): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last