displaying posts 101 to 125 of 381

Pages (16): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last

Author Subject: Satchshift brief fitting guide
TIGgerDave

Post #101
Hi guys, Dave from Satchell Engineering here. Just thought I'd pop my head up and say hello along with give any support and receive any feedback you guys have. As said, there are only 5 kits out there, so anything we can do to improve/sort problems (such as the boot) on the kits will be excercised asap.

As for the boot problem, we will send the temporary piece of rubber that can sandwich between the sleeve and the bulkhead so you guys can get on and use the kit and as soon as a permanent means of sorting the issue is made we will post you all the amended items. It is in our interest to get it sorted and keep you guys happy.

Day666, drop me a PM, I'll post/email a drawing for the template first thing tomorrow.

As for a fitting guide, I am personally fitting one to a friends standard GTI6 very soon, I will get photos and descriptions on the website so anyone can download.

Like I said, PM me with anything you want to know or send me an email at dave@satchellengineering.co.uk and I will reply as quick as I can.

We greatly respect your patience with this.

Dave
Posted 27th Apr 2015 at 19:29
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #102
The piece of rubber is flat that they have supplied me, this was my original plan and I will eventually get round to fitting it.

The idea I have is a smaller in diameter version of what was originally supplied but instead of it sealing around the end of the tube it has a flat flange, this would then sit between the tube and bulk head, the gaiter would then sit inside the tube so that it is protected from the heat and would also seal around the rod..... However I can't find any thing on the market that is a small enough diameter to sit inside the tube and have a flange to sandwich between the tube and bulk head
Posted 27th Apr 2015 at 20:29
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #103
TIGgerDave wrote:
Hi guys, Dave from Satchell Engineering here.
quote:

Just sent you my Email Dave Thumbs up

Big Thank you for coming on here to help out .
Just a very small teething problem Thumbs up

I'm that impressed with it I'll fit it without any boot & maybe with no Matrix & heater the Manifold will keep me warm LOL

Posted 27th Apr 2015 at 20:59
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #104
Hi Dave, just a suggestion.... What if the tube extended into the car and then the original design boot could be used but on the inside of the car rather than in the bay, this would solve the melting boot issue and would still seal around the linkage bar!

Even if the tube that extends into the car just sleeves in side the original tube with a slight interference fit, that way it wouldn't mean making all new ones to replace the 5 already made?
Posted 27th Apr 2015 at 21:39
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #105
So by doing this all you need to do would be make a 54-55mm hole for external diameter of round tube & right through the Bulk head & have the tabs welded 3/4 along & you don't need a cut angle on the bracket & only 15-20mm extruding into the engine bay by the Manifold flange & everything would be metal that side !!!!
The boot would be safely inside the car Thumbs up

A little bit looking like this mock up but bottom not going into bay 40mm as it is at the bottom of the picture now ...only 20mm or even 15mm so the metal tube is In towards manifold flange a little but well away from the heat !!!

Tabs can stay welded on same Angle Thumbs up

Unless as you said sleeving it then 52mm hole as you asked me Ollie about Thumbs up

Only problem may be a 52mm tube which can fill up with crap on the Manifold flange side Thumbs down
That tube to fill up with crap would extend into the car by approx 60-100mm depending how long you cut your boot ?

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 27th Apr 2015 at 23:34
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #106
I'm hoping the solution doesn't require any welding tbh
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 08:13
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #107
Why would it lol
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 08:29
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #108
Just based on comments/suggestions above, I'm excited but equally intimidated of the complexity of this right now
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 11:39
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #109
Chr1sch wrote:
Just based on comments/suggestions above, I'm excited but equally intimidated of the complexity of this right now

Cutting one hole & bolting things on ..simple x
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 12:42
TIGgerDave

Post #110
Hi Chr1sch, there will be no welding, the permanent bulkhead seal supplied will be exactly the one used in all future kits. It will be bolt on.

Dave
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 14:54
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #111
Right ok thanks Dave

I have ordered a kit via Kamracing - am i right to assume those kits arent coming now until you guys find a solution to the melting boot issue?

Thanks again for the insight, i cant wait to get it on!
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 17:19
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #112
Ok I take back what I said, sorry.
it sounds like an excellent customer service is been done here.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 21:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #113
buzzbrightyear wrote:
Ok I take back what I said, sorry.
it sounds like an excellent customer service is been done here.

110% yep ...top notchThumbs up
Posted 28th Apr 2015 at 23:30
TIGgerDave

Post #114
Hi all,
Thanks for the kind words, we would never expect any one to put up with a issue on our behalf. RE KAM racing, we still have the next batch here (waiting on powder coaters), as soon as they're back chances are we will send it direct to you, saves time. As for the seal, it will be whichever comes first, if they arrive before the updated laser cut parts do, then we'll supply the temporary fix and follow up with the other after.

As for the bulkhead seal; I have designed a new part this morning, ended up changing it a second time. the idea with the rubber sheet with a cross cut in will be a purely temporary measure as said so you guys can get on and use it. The main reason for not going ahead with this design permanently is because daylight can be seen on the seal around the rod, chances are a minimal amount of ingress will happen but that isn't good enough, secondly scrutineering in motorsport dictates that bulkhead/firewalls must be completely sealed.

I've designed a flange (instead of two tabs) to bolt up to the bulkhead and a tube that goes into the cabin instead of the engine bay (very similar to Ollie's idea of a sleeve, and Damien's with as longer tube) with an average of a 15-20mm wide area to cover any errors/discrepancies in your drilling in your bulkhead. Everything will fit as per what you have already apart from enlarging the hole somewhat to allow the sleeve to go through the bulkhead. I have placed the bolting holes vertically instead so bolting should be easier too.

Going to a customer's place later to verify the one I've fabricated to check everything fits and works perfectly before we add it to the kits.

Again, any problems, please do not hesitate to email me (dave@satchellengineering.co.uk)

Dave

Posted 29th Apr 2015 at 10:49
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #115
Sounds good to me, I still haven't got round to fitting the temporary sheet, I like the sound of the new design Thumbs up

I assume the new flange will cover the 2 holes that iv drilled for the current tabs??
Posted 29th Apr 2015 at 11:09
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #116
Great stuff Smile
Posted 29th Apr 2015 at 13:06
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #117
It's just like John Lewis Customer Service got into Motorsport ....LOL

Thank you Dave Thumbs up

Now I can see why Mei says so many great things about Satchell !!!!!
Posted 29th Apr 2015 at 14:20
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #118
Guess who can't wait till This Friday ?
Two of us are going to fit my Satchell shift WITH my dash IN !!!!
Will be taking lots of pics Thumbs up
Posted 6th May 2015 at 00:27
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #119
Hi Dave, as you say you are sending some out directly, do orders still need to be placed via the KAM racing website?

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 6th May 2015 at 12:39
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #120
Well had a couple of hrs to start the install of my Satchshift today .!!
Didn't 100% go to plan ....but got all the undercar heatshields from gear selector forward off ...
Removed the centre console & the very lower heater direction 2inch plastic which stops you getting to the drill point inside !

Goes from left to right ...In the centre of the picture ....trying to find out what the black cable with muti wires inside with the (Blue) tape on in the picture is ?
It's In front of the floor Heaterbox base fixing floor bolt in the picture ?????
Wire goes under the dash & clips onto the tunnel floor under the dash and under the carpet left passenger to right drivers footwell ?

(NOT) the bigger multi wrapped coloured cables on the right....YOU CAN SEE THIS ONE CLEARLY

The other you can't no way Angry

Mines a phase 2

Posted 11th May 2015 at 06:54
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #121
I thoroughly applaud the customer service demonstrated here Clapping
A lot of firms could learn from this!
Well done!!!!!!

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 8th May 2015 at 18:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #122
Mines a phase two !

Anybody know what the Blue Taped wire in picture above is ????
Posted 9th May 2015 at 11:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #123
Took black tape off the cable above ?
8 wires pic below ?

Posted 10th May 2015 at 21:24
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #124
just follow them, will be much quicker!

why do you need to know?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th May 2015 at 21:27
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #125
welshpug! wrote:
just follow them, will be much quicker!

why do you need to know?

Cut x5 of them by mistake ...but everything's still working fine ?

Was under the bloody foam !!!!

RIGHT !!!!......(because) of Cully he crossed referenced the numbers off the wires which was fun....we have now got to the bottom of this.... your a legend Cully & I owe you big time xxxxxx

It's the rain sensor wire loom & not all 6s have rain sensors so this makes sense totally & WHAT a crazy place to put a cable under the foam LOL
Anyway any of you cutting your carpet back & you have a rain sensor w/s beware don't matter how well you look the looms right up the front of the tunnel & you must go careful where ever you cut the carpet then the thick foam away !!!
SO BE WARNED ....I thought I went so careful ?....obviously NOT Whistle
Posted 11th May 2015 at 06:52

Pages (16): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last