pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #127
But is the satchshift fitted
Posted 11th May 2015 at 08:27
TIGgerDave

Post #128
clen666 wrote:
Hi Dave, as you say you are sending some out directly, do orders still need to be placed via the KAM racing website?

Hi Clen666, you can place orders, but Kev won't be sending out the orders as soon as we are 110% happy with the 5 we have sent out so far.

As said earlier, my email is dave@satchellengineering.co.uk (I don't do forums very much, purely due to time, or lack thereof)

Please email me with all of your addresses so I can get all bits sent out as quick as possible to you guys.

Also don't be afraid to ask questions in the email too. As said, if i don't reply on here I not being ignorant Razz haha

Regards

Dave

Posted 11th May 2015 at 08:41
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #129
TIGgerDave wrote:
clen666 wrote:
Hi Dave, as you say you are sending some out directly, do orders still need to be placed via the KAM racing website?

Hi Clen666, you can place orders, but Kev won't be sending out the orders as soon as we are 110% happy with the 5 we have sent out so far.

As said earlier, my email is dave@satchellengineering.co.uk (I don't do forums very much, purely due to time, or lack thereof)

Please email me with all of your addresses so I can get all bits sent out as quick as possible to you guys.

Also don't be afraid to ask questions in the email too. As said, if i don't reply on here I not being ignorant Razz haha

Regards
Dave

I can 100% back this up & a BIG Thankyou to you Dave for a Amazing product & unbelievable back up ...your Emails have been outstanding & Thankyou to Mei/Welshpug on here & Ollie for a Amazing write up !!
Please be aware as we are that this is a Motorsport part that 110% works & not a fancy boy racer look good part ?
It's made for track cars & sprint cars & is not sold to to 100% OEM ...so if your not prepared for modifying a little & going without your Exhaust heat shields & with out your centre console & the very bottom 50mm of your Console direction vents ...don't buy one !!!!!
But I can tell you one thing ...my 3j plate diffs amazing...this isn't going to be far behind Thumbs up
Posted 11th May 2015 at 10:13
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #130
Day666 wrote:
But I can tell you one thing ...my 3j plate diffs amazing...this isn't going to be far behind Thumbs up

I bought a 3J from your suggestion, don't go tempting me with one of these as well! Big grin

Rallye Race Car
Posted 11th May 2015 at 12:07
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #131
demondriverdan wrote:
Day666 wrote:

I bought a 3J from your suggestion, don't go tempting me with one of these as well! Big grin

Dan it feels like another Car !!!

As long as who buys this kit relises that compromises still have to happen with any proper working Motor sport item that works ...eg 3j noisey & needs servicing ..but for those small compromises you get WOW !!!!!!
Two bottles of Redline sorted mine out 80% !!

This is Not a fit & your car looks the same Kit ...but WOW the quality & workmanship & how it works is Crazy / unreal Thumbs up

Just bought some More Zirotech111 self adhesive backed mouldable sheet for Exhaust tunnel now & up to bulk head as even with my Exhaust wrapped the tunnel gets a little toasty LOL
When I've got it 100% finished hopefully Friday ...I'll post all the pics & updates Thumbs up
Posted 11th May 2015 at 13:05
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #132
so is it fitted yet?

my tunnel barely gets warm, is there something wrong with your car?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 11th May 2015 at 14:52
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #133
welshpug! wrote:
so is it fitted yet?

my tunnel barely gets warm, is there something wrong with your car?

3/4 Yes Mei & I've taken datum points from the inside ...got some pics !!!....wow wow

Also Just been out & tinned & soldered five Rain sensor loom wires together !!!!

No fine ....water temp & oil temp good .... it doesn't help it has a 2.5 stainless Exhaust & Racing round Combe in 25min session x5 didn't help Whistle
I'm touching the metal tunnel floor inside the car with no centre console in ...Can touch ... but warmer than I would like Sad
Posted 13th May 2015 at 23:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #134
demondriverdan wrote:
Day666 wrote:

I bought mine because of Mei/ Welshpugs recommendation Thumbs up ...it's starting to happen lots Crazy
Posted 11th May 2015 at 20:25
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #135
Well Just got home from Finishing off fitting my Sactchell shift fully with my old m8 Rob ...all I have to do to finish is connect reverse cable up Thumbs up

Been working on it since 3.00pm today so 5hrs today & 4hrs last week Whistle
It works unreal & clicks into each gear solidly & no mushy feel & crazy short shift now Crazy

Never took anything off apart from the lower 50mm of the heater direction box which goes into the back of the centre console it has x4 spring clips ...two at the back are a little difficult to get at ...you won't need that anymore !

Off for shower & grub LOL
Posted 13th May 2015 at 21:15
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #136
Great news! Did you take many pics along the way?

Really hoping to get my hands on mine soon! How much of the carpet etc did you end up removing?
Posted 13th May 2015 at 22:01
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #137
Chr1sch wrote:
Great news! Did you take many pics along the way?

Really hoping to get my hands on mine soon! How much of the carpet etc did you end up removing?

Carpet cut just under width of Centre console under the dash & from heater box floor fixing , you will find as it's the only threaded bolt sticking up from under the dash 80mm towards engine cut it back ....it's in next post thumbsup

Yes took some but it's really difficult to take pictures where it is ...inside or out side !!!
I'm going to give everybody Datum point on the inside off of the heater / centre console bolt on the foot point !!!
You can then drill one 6mm hole on the inside to get better position for under Neath paper template ...

I found the Gear lever roll pin on the old lever the most difficult thing to get out ....we needed a 3ft flat ended punch that we made up with some tube & Snapon flat ended punch & bolt ....had to do 85% of the work in the air on a 4 post ramp ....
All the best doing it all on the floor Thumbs down
Picture below is connected to the bottom of the heater box woth x4 spring clips x2 front & x2 rear which are awkward to remove ...once this is removed you have Datum point I will give you !!!!

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 13th May 2015 at 23:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #138
Picture below .....once heater lower 50mm base is removed on post before this one & angle bracket below leaving threaded bolt in middle of bottom of the picture below & cut back really carefully as it you have rain sensor w/s a loom is below Foam & you can't see it ....be warned going extra carfull you can't see it under the foam & it's 8 wires & I cut 5 of them by going careful !!!!
When you start to fit it & take apart you will see what goes where easily Thumbs up

Posted 14th May 2015 at 09:32
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #139

As Ollie said it well worth anything to fit one of these !!!

I've just got to tidy up everything & because my Car inside isn't stripped & looks quite standard ...I've had a crazy idea of modifing the centre console to hide everything 70% ?
It will be Different under the dash where the Ashtray sits as the selector rod runs right through there !!!
I'll post pics IF it works out or not ....I believe it's doable ?

Anyway drove the car home after finishing fitting & just Unreal & so solid Feel to each gear !!!!!
I don't think it would be possible to miss select a wrong gear now ?
I mean this & not just saying this because I have one ...try mine if your at Combe FCS next month !!!

Ive just done the BEST mod thanks to Satchell engineering ive bought ...even more impressed with this than my now old fav mod....3j plate Diff Love
Satchell as Mei told me you guys are amazing & clever bas**rds Thumbs up
Thank you ...can't wait for Bodies & ECU now ...LOL
Posted 14th May 2015 at 09:47
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #140
This is all brilliant thank you! I have a mate with a 4 post ramp so i'll be calling on him lol

In terms of the datum that would also be extremely useful! thanks again Smile
Posted 14th May 2015 at 13:36
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #141
No probs Chris ....I marked mine underneath using Ollies method & level 6inch straight edge then put Templete up ..I was 7mm out ...nothing ...but now I can give anybody with a 6 a Datum point off inside heater fixing ...drill a hole inside then you can look underneath & get Template spot on ?

You can get a air straight drill ok underneath ....but I also used a right angle one ...no difference?
So no special drill needed !!!
I drilled mine smaller through both skins as its twin wall with a gap floor / exhaust tunnel .
You can't really hit Heater drilling underneath inside unless you use full 6mm drill length...I went 3/4 of drill length in Thumbs up .
Then small Drill bit inbetween & tapped with a small hand metal chisel & hammer !!!
Finished off with a air die grinder to correct size ....bingo ...
PS that's 100% marker pen at 10-11 o'clock triangle !!!...in that picture it looks like I've cut outside which I've 100% not LOL

Posted 14th May 2015 at 16:07
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #142
Ok i'm sure it will make more sense when i get to this stage, right now some of this is bloody confusing lol

Had an email from Satchell and they're still working on the boot solution so will be a few weeks til i get mine i guess which is all good Smile
Posted 15th May 2015 at 13:31
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #143
so whats the distance from the bottom of the subframe vertically up to the centre of the hole?

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th May 2015 at 14:12
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #144
welshpug! wrote:
so whats the distance from the bottom of the subframe vertically up to the centre of the hole?

I know you said Mei few posts back that you tried ....I didn't have any datum point same as Ollie ..so I fitted upright post & then pulled lever on post 90 degrees towards manifold & held out the threaded pin that screws into selector rod that goes through the hole your drilling ..hold that up & because my car was on level 4 post ramp ...I used a 6inch thin piece of wood to level towards tunnel & find centre ...I was 7mm off centre & used Template. Then to draw Circle ...you could be 15mm off & it will still work !!!!

Sorry Mei I didn't Measure it ...I'll check in an hour Thumbs up
Posted 15th May 2015 at 16:29
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #145
Sorry Mei to much Crap in the Engine bay to get from the top to measure Thumbs down
I'm taking my car in on the ramp Tuesday if you want me to sort measurement then ?

Anyway something I moddied tonight quickly to see if it will go underneath the Heater box / dash & allow Satchell setup to work 100%....only fitting it to hide the missing cut carpet under the dash & gap/ carpet !!!!!

Posted 15th May 2015 at 23:33
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #146
yeah no worries, wont get chance to look at it till next weekend at least at the moment, looks a good job!

I think I could achieve similar in the zx without too much bother and wont lose too much heating.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th May 2015 at 22:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #147
I will defo have it by then Mei Thumbs up ....

Hope you can Mei ...haven't seen inside a ZX ...?

Mei if it was stripped I wouldn't of bothered but it blends in better with the console back in ...just some small adjustments & dremal out again Thumbs up
It's the First thing I've fitted for looks that doesn't do anything LOL ....all I've lost is the console side vents ...& you lose them with fitting the shift anyway ...I'm even getting my neighbour to adjust the leather gearstick gaiter ...Sad I know wish I could use a sewing machine Crazy
Posted 15th May 2015 at 23:35
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #148
That looks great but I'm just going to remove the carpet inthink, although I've no idea what delights are hidden underneath!!
Posted 16th May 2015 at 08:51
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #149
Can you reach the lift reverse collar?

Well I have now fitted two of these kits and never want to do one ever again Sad

Fair play for doing it with the dash in!

Yesterday I fitted Ross's with the exhaust still fitted and the front end jacked up only on the drivers side (my back I's now f**ked)

Again the dash was removed to do the job but the tube and boot are now fitted inside the car Smile took a lot longer due to needing to remove a lot of the inner skin so that the tube and boot fitted with no interference

Finished at 2:30 am lol that's dedication for ya!

I know it's not much help if your attempting to fit it with out removing the dash but I have a measurement to locate the centre of the hole

From the stud that used to hold the l shape bracket that supported the the bottom of the heater go up 6 1/4 inchs and from the passenger side wall of the exhaust tunnel come inboard 2 1/4 inchs
Posted 16th May 2015 at 10:16
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #150
Mei 220mm from top of Subframe to the middle of the hole paper template
Posted 16th May 2015 at 17:01

Pages (16): first .. 5 [6] 7 .. last