displaying posts 101 to 125 of 183

Pages (8): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last

Author Subject: jorg's Rally Project v2.1
jorg

Senior User

Post #101
the quickshift gearstick I bought from fordygti arrived at lunchtime so i nipped down the garage to test it out. unfortunately i could not get it fitted properly as the holes in the floor need enlarging for the m8 bolts and i didn't take my drill with me Doh didn't make too much difference as i am replacing the bolts with high tensile ones and they haven't come yet. as you can see in the last picture this stick is a good 4 inches higher than standard Thumbs up

can't wait to get it sorted Big grin

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 29th Oct 2013 at 17:26
jorg

Senior User

Post #102
it only took 18 months but the car is now on the ground and off the axle stands Cool

don't get too excited though as its only on the floor so i can tidy the garage and get the rear up in the air to sort the fuel lines and swirl pot under the boot floor.

the gearstick is now in fully working order. had to replace the skip brown gear selector with a genuine pug one (cheers kev Thumbs up) as the shift between gears with both fitted was just stupidly short. also fitted my hydraulic handbrake with homemade extended handle, think that will do the job! Big grin

had to get some new ap racing bell to rotor bolts as the first lot i bought were just too small

then had to run around like an idiot trying to find my e-sockets to fit the things. why i didn't go straight to my tool box i don't know Doh that was 30 mins wasted Doh

if you are wondering why i have got marker pen drawings all over the rotor bell well i seem to have misplaced one of them and that is my spare which i use for measurements. need to get them all hard anodized at some point.

put some new bleed nipples on the 6 pots and then then put them on the car Ninja

the balljoint clearance with the rotor does look a bit tight in the last picture but its a bit misleading and is fine. also need to get hold of some proper balljoint and hub bolts, again i seem to have lost the ones i had Whistle

Posted 13th Jan 2014 at 20:06
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #103

That was my balljoint to rotor clearance. Laugh
No evidence of any contact after a few trackdays and laps of the nordschleife, but it will soon be changing for hopefully a bit more clearance with a different setup.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Jan 2014 at 20:39
jorg

Senior User

Post #104
not as big of an update as i would of liked i'm afraid as i lost two days sorting out the HDi for its MOT. Just passed the handbrake test by 1% Shock they are bloody useless things! Both garages have now been clean and all the shelves and parts i had lying about have been moved next door so i have plenty of spare to move around the car, it looks alot better now Yes

took a shot of the front camber, pretty sure thats the max possible with the top mounts i have fitted Big grin

the rear has now been lifted so i can sort out the swirl pot, bosch 044 fuel pump and the extra fuel lines. suppose i had better have ago at fitting the fox dampers too while i'm under there Whistle

i'm currently trying to sort out the fuel bulkhead fittings, never liked the idea of ramming four fuel lines between the gap in the tank so will be doing it another way. i have found a nice space to fit them but the cordless drill i have is a load of w**k Angry managed to get one of the four holes i need to drill done Doh

the second picture is how its going to be fitted, the battery on my phone went before i could take a picture underneath the car but it clears everything quite nicely. just got to decide which swirl pot i am using and where on the boot floor its going Unsure

Posted 17th Jan 2014 at 18:06
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #105
How do you find the gearstick? I want to do replace the one in my race car at some point and yours looks good.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 17th Jan 2014 at 18:18
jorg

Senior User

Post #106
still need to adjust the rods so can't give you a proper answer yet. fordygti who i got it from said it was one of the favorite bits of his car. i will report back once i have given it a proper run.

Posted 17th Jan 2014 at 18:35
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #107
Great, I'll ask him where he got it from Smile

Rallye Race Car
Posted 17th Jan 2014 at 18:42
jorg

Senior User

Post #108
it was a custom made jobbie:

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=145487

Posted 17th Jan 2014 at 18:48
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #109
Damn, oh well!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 17th Jan 2014 at 18:55
jorg

Senior User

Post #110
batteries for the drill were recharged and i drilled the other hole need for my bulkhead fittings, as you can see there is plenty of clearance so i am happy with the result.

thats the tank to swirl pot fittings sorted, need to drill the other side now for the swirl pot to engine bay lines. going to drop the fuel tank tomorrow to make things a bit easier.

moved onto sorting the bias valve. i decided to drill the gearstick housing and bolt it to that like the previous owner of the stick had done. a quick search through my random box of brake lines and i found something that will do the job between the valve and the handbrake m/c. very happy with how it all turned out as its been bugging me for months.

stuck my head back underneath the boot floor to reassess the swirl pot placing, the masking tape is where the back box heat shield covers

as Mei mentioned on the 205 forum i could do with having the pot positioned as far forward as possible, so it looks that this is my target area

to be continued tomorrow....

in other news i have just bought a set of 17" Pro Race 3 alloys so i am going to have a go at fitting these in them Ninja

Posted 18th Jan 2014 at 18:56
doof

Regular

Post #111
This project...just wow. This is going to be an animal!
Posted 21st Jan 2014 at 19:27
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #112
Been watching this over last week or so with interest, got to love a PH1 Sigma.
Btw, the Pro Race 3's look great;-)
Posted 21st Jan 2014 at 21:06
jorg

Senior User

Post #113
fuel swirl pot and pump have finally been installed under the boot

while i was under there it would of been rude not to fit these too Love

fuel tank will hopefully go back on tomorrow and then i will push on with the interior fuel lines Thumbs up

Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 19:17
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #114
I have heard about those Fox dampers since I have been on the forum (about 5 or so years) and this is the first time I have seen them fitted to a car Shock

Well done Sir Clapping

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 25th Feb 2014 at 08:49
jorg

Senior User

Post #115
it only took me two years to fit them Doh i would of had the rear back on the ground if the bleed nipples on both the calipers hadn't of snapped off Sad just waiting for the replacements to turn up now.

i got the fuel tank lifted back up into place yesterday morning, i chucked the 30 litres of baffle foam i got ages ago in there before i did. i then set about making the fuel lines to go between the pump and the bulkhead fittings.

first attempt i wasn't happy with due to the feed line slightly kinking No

decided with turn the pump a touch in the tank so the lines would have a straighter run, also found some better fuel hose for the feed line.

much better Yes

that meant it was time to make up my new braided fuel lines, this of course i had to place another order with torques for some fittings. i must their no1 customer this month! LOL

still waiting for the p-clips to arrive so i can fasten them down, hopefully they will be here tomorrow.

brake lines were then clipped down and the battery box lined up on the rear passenger side

and a random shot from the back of the car to finish LOL

Posted 25th Feb 2014 at 18:24
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #116
Hey, those dampers have been fitted to a car before.

They've never been used, but they've been fitted Smile
They're probably seized from being stood so long LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 25th Feb 2014 at 18:34
jorg

Senior User

Post #117
you are correct Phillip Yes (about the fitted thing, hopefully not the seizing! LOL )

post no73

Posted 25th Feb 2014 at 18:57
mcvite

Regular

Post #118
This is turning out to be one hell, of a project!!!! Well done keep the good work up Thumbs up

http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/mcvite/
Posted 26th Feb 2014 at 05:28
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #119
Did you get the canister buffers/spacers and not use them Jorg, or did they not come with them?
Might have a spare set somewhere if you want them.

I am actually still working on some upgrades for the adjusters which should be available after a bit of testing on the buggy.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 26th Feb 2014 at 15:07
jorg

Senior User

Post #120
i did get the buffers Yes i do plan on using them with the canisters at some point.

if you could give me a shout when any upgrades are available that would be super! Thumbs up

i will get more blue-tac in LOL

Posted 26th Feb 2014 at 15:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #121
There might be an interlinked system for hard rallye use too...Whistle:

Email me!
Posted 26th Feb 2014 at 21:50
jorg

Senior User

Post #122
sounds good Phillip Thumbs up keep me informed please Smile

fuel lines and battery cable are still not secured as the p-clips still haven't arrived in the post No that meant i had to tackle other jobs on the car, namely the roof vent and wiring.

vent is now bolted down and sealed to make it watertight. need to give the front bolts a clean and tidy up the stray bits of sealant once its set. doesn't look too bad from a distance LOL

that just leaves me with this wonderful job for the rest of the day Doh

i'm back at work tomorrow so hopefully by my next day off the p-clips and refurbed rear calipers i have ordered arrive and i can get the rear back on the ground Thumbs up

Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 16:22
fordygti

Seasoned Pro

Post #123
Nice gear stick. Razz was one of the best things I put in the car.

98 onyx black 306 Rallye
53 Nissan Primastar silver (work horse)
58 black Volvo c30 sport
Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 16:36
jorg

Senior User

Post #124
the p-clips finally arrived so i went down the garage on Tuesday to fasten down the interior fuel lines and make a start on the battery cable.

the rear calipers i ordered also arrived, they look very good for the money Yes

fitted the new discs, pads and calipers and put the alloys back on

then i remembered this problem Hmm

as i am running negative camber arms there doesn't seem to be much clearance between the tyres and bodywork. Andy pointed this out to me when he built and fitted my beam but i had forgotten all about it Doh

as i know a pro race 1.2 is slightly wider then the 2's i have on the car i thought i had better take one of my spares down to give it a try...

these are all taken with the back of the car in the air so once the car is dropped back down any clearance will be non-existent No guess i will have to have a look for some spacers Unsure

Posted 8th Mar 2014 at 17:34
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #125
Looking good this car! I will say I run negative camber arms and I realised the same thing when I built my beam. I spoke to Russian guy who advised me to use a 10mm spacer iirc, as he'd worked out a 10mm spacer would give the same clearance in the arch that you would have with a standard beam. The only thing is you'll probably need to fettle the wheel arch lip as it will probably catch when the suspension compresses! Hope this helps! Thumbs up

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 8th Mar 2014 at 21:29

Pages (8): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last