displaying posts 76 to 100 of 183

Pages (8): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: jorg's Rally Project v2.1
rikky 🦔

Post #76
takes a braver man than me to cut into the roof!

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 14:15
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #77
Think that's bad, I'm about to cut mine off completely LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 14:22
rikky 🦔

Post #78
won't that reduce your brakerabbitpower to under 70? Whistle

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 14:30
jorg

Senior User

Post #79
my lower fork bush from stew at BBM arrived last week and got it pushed into the housing over the weekend, will get under the car and get it fitted tomorrow if the weather is decent.

it does help if you pick up the right housing as I picked up a 205 one from the garage by mistake Doh that was an hour or two wasted removing the old bush from that Thumbs down

also the AP Racing master cylinder for the hydraulic handbrake I ordered finally turned up Smile I can now finally start fitting the rest of my brake lines inside the car.

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 17:24
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
I hope you haven't got any fillings? Big grin

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 18:07
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #81
you do know the fork is the same for the 205 right? Laugh my ass off

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 18:22
jorg

Senior User

Post #82
phillipm wrote:
I hope you haven't got any fillings? Big grin

by the time I get the thing finished and on the road I doubt I'll have any teeth left LOL

welshpug! wrote:
you do know the fork is the same for the 205 right? Laugh my ass off

I thought they were the same but the bush didn't fit in the 205 (think its a 205 one anyway) housing as it was too narrow in diameter Dunno

Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 18:40
rikky 🦔

Post #83
the bushes are different but fork is the same, I've had all this this week cos I suspect my mrs has chucked my lower 205 fork and the one I've got is a 306 one and doesn't fit into the subframe due to the sleeve/collar

Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 21:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #84
yep, DCC's 2.2 for some reason came with an extended fork, before fitting it we had a dig about in his toolbox and found the 306 item, bashed the bushes out with a socket, popped the 205 bush in the 306 fork and bunged the engine in.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 22:02
rikky 🦔

Post #85
I made a press out of an axle stand and an iron block with a hole in it LOL

Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 22:28
jorg

Senior User

Post #86
time for an update Thumbs up

I took a few weeks off from the car as I got p**sed off that the gearbox had to come off again Doh I had forgot that the box was setup to go into a 205 and it wasn't until I went to put the gear rods on that I noticed my mistake. Luckily I had the old gearbox to use for parts so last weekend I dropped the box, switched the arms and refitted it.

while the gearbox was off I decided to swop back to the original solid gearbox mount that was on the car when I got it from rikky. can't make my mind up on which one to use Hmm the original is winning at the moment as I can put a plate over it and use that area for the electric power steering pump.

this one

or this one (stud was on order with peugeot and has now been fitted)

spent this afternoon fitting my rich_w roller bearing wishbones and phillipm lower strut brace, I couldn't find one of my ratchet extensions so will have to finish the offside tomorrow morning.

and my run of finding bargains on eBay continued as I picked up a DTA S60 Pro ecu with full loom for an absolute steal Big grin

the loom was for a Ford turbo setup so it has been stripped back to the basics and an order for my connectors and wrapping has been placed Thumbs up just hoping it all turns up by Saturday as I would like to make a start rebuilding both looms over the bank holiday weekend.

Posted 21st Aug 2013 at 16:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #87
I'd use the first mounting, looks lighter, less fasteners, much quicker to remove the gearbox if needed, I would add the third fixing point however to add more stiffness.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Aug 2013 at 18:12
jorg

Senior User

Post #88
the first mount is on the heavy side but as you say it does have it good points. it was a piece of p**s to remove the gearbox with it fitted. will have a proper look again at it tomorrow i think.

not sure where a third fixing point comes from though Mei?

Posted 21st Aug 2013 at 19:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
I'd just weld a lip around the edge of the plates there to stiffen them up, might find it flexes a little.

Email me!
Posted 21st Aug 2013 at 19:09
rikky 🦔

Post #90
did you say you've got a new engine for it?

Posted 22nd Aug 2013 at 09:34
jorg

Senior User

Post #91
Yes I bought doofs 2.1 S16 engine

Posted 22nd Aug 2013 at 09:38
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #92
jorg wrote:
the first mount is on the heavy side but as you say it does have it good points. it was a piece of p**s to remove the gearbox with it fitted. will have a proper look again at it tomorrow i think.

not sure where a third fixing point comes from though Mei?

the M8 hole 30mm forwards from the M12 ones, given its solid mounted I'd use as many as you can get to.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Aug 2013 at 09:44
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
Coming on well this. I like the look of that 1st mount, looks to be well made Thumbs up

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 22nd Aug 2013 at 12:36
jorg

Senior User

Post #94
well I have gone back to the mount in picture number 1. it wasn't a hard decision as when I tried to remove the gearbox stud which the other mount uses the sodding thing rounded. ended up losing my rag and took the dremel to it. I have had a look at that M8 hole you mentioned Mei and it looks like it will work Thumbs up

Posted 22nd Aug 2013 at 19:18
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #95
it is used on most TU to BE4 conversions, just needs a small spacer Smile

make sure you have decent threadlock on them, we have had them come loose on the Saxo rally car! which was a right kent as the PAS pump was bolted down on top!

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Aug 2013 at 19:49
jorg

Senior User

Post #96
well i finally took the bodies down to the garage so i could measure/plan the engine bay fuel lines. the lines have been made up and are ready to go in the car. I can't wait to get the fitted properly Love

still a lot to sort on them before i fire them up though. i have worked out i have 14cm of clearance between the bodies and rad so need to start looking into a filter setup.

i have finally found somewhere for the electric power steering pump to go, had to space the mounting bracket out to avoid the drain point on the rad though so that might be a pain in the backside at some point.

i decided to wanted the pump to run with the internal reservoir so i had to strip down both pumps i had and swop bits over. word of warning, don't take the mounting straps off the pump as they are a twat to get back on Angry

the front suspension has been put together with my adjustable top mounts, just waiting for some good weather so i can get back down the garage and get them fitted.

also managed to track down some replacement front hoses for my 6 pot calipers, they are attached to a set of ap racing 8 pots calipers Hyper

they are bloody huge compared to the 6 pots, can't see them going under my 15 inch alloys LOL

I have a pair of hi-spec universal brackets to mess around with tomorrow in the hope that i can finally get the 6 pots fitted.

Posted 15th Oct 2013 at 19:01
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
Yeah, they look way too big, I'll take them off your hands for a small disposal fee.

Email me!
Posted 15th Oct 2013 at 19:19
jorg

Senior User

Post #98
phillipm wrote:
Yeah, they look way too big, I'll take them off your hands for a small disposal fee.

if the small disposal fee is around the four figure mark you got yourself a deal Phillip Thumbs up

had a go at sorting out the universal brackets i picked up for my calipers. a few minutes with the angle grinder and drill and i ended up with this

tested them behind the two sets of alloys I will be using most, TD 1.2's and 2's.

a 315mm rotor would definitely possible with the pro race 2's with these calipers, maybe even a 320mm if i offset the bell backwards a touch Hmm

as we are still waiting for a satchshift to be made for the 306 i have bought the custom quickshift gearstick Richard (fordygti) was selling from his car. I missed out on this when it originally came up for sale ages ago when Andre (306 Rxs) started his honda conversion. long term i still want a satchshift though Yes

Posted 16th Oct 2013 at 19:32
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
jorg wrote:

if the small disposal fee is around the four figure mark you got yourself a deal Phillip Thumbs up

£10.99 is 4 figures isn't it?

Email me!
Posted 17th Oct 2013 at 13:34
jorg

Senior User

Post #100
they must be good if your willing to part with that much money LOL

Posted 17th Oct 2013 at 16:21

Pages (8): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last