displaying posts 126 to 150 of 183

Pages (8): first .. 5 [6] 7 .. last

Author Subject: jorg's Rally Project v2.1
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #126
Spacers are one option or flatten out the inner arch, Martin did this on his phase 1 to clear the 17s he used to run.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 8th Mar 2014 at 22:18
jorg

Senior User

Post #127
cheers guys Thumbs up i think 10mm spacers will be the answer for now, i shall get them ordered later Smile

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 9th Mar 2014 at 09:37
jorg

Senior User

Post #128
today was spent doing jobs i have been putting off for ages, namely sorting out the front bulkhead holes and tackling the back plate for my throttle bodies.

this has always been cause for concern for me as due to rally regs the bulkhead must be fully sealed Sad

having no power down the garage and not being able to weld even if i did meant i would have to find something to cover it, that lead to this....

still need a bit of trimming and need to make some holes in the middle of it for wiring to go through but i'm happy with the result Thumbs up

then i made a start on the other side where the big engine bay bulkhead connector is located. this had been cut when the rollcage was fitted so there was only one mounting point available.

i made a plate using a piece of aluminum

started butchering the bulkhead Whistle

and was left with this as an end result

again it is not perfect but at least now the connector is fully supported. i have some heat resistant sealant to sort the hole between the plate and rollcage.

i made up a cardboard template for the throttle body backing plate, not looking forward to cutting up the proper plate at all No

Posted 9th Mar 2014 at 17:11
elpatron

Junior User

Post #129
just a short question what ecu was used on the 2.1 before you bought the DTA?
Posted 12th Mar 2014 at 19:46
jorg

Senior User

Post #130
elpatron wrote:
just a short question what ecu was used on the 2.1 before you bought the DTA?

the previous owner of the engine was using a dta s40 pro Smile

Posted 12th Mar 2014 at 21:04
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #131
Same problem as I have with the cage coming through there. Does your wiper motor fit? Mine doesn't Sad

Nothing to see here
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 08:13
rikky 🦔

Post #132
it did fit yeah, i've seen a few where people have just trimmed the corner of the motor mech. think that's what i did

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 09:07
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #133
was that a pheeleeep fitted tube? looks like its curved and flattened for clearance, and a bit smaller than the one on Adam's cage.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 10:06
rikky 🦔

Post #134
i forget now but phil did a lot of alterations, including pushing the cage outwards so it could be stitch-welded to the shell itself. the standard Custom Cages bar might be different i suppose. not sure

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 10:11
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #135
That's the CC bar there, albeit cut down and kinked a little as it was the only way to get it through and miss the hinges, plug and wiper motor, on the couple we've done since that are our own design they clear with a straight bar.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 17:06
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #136
I was going to say, mine misses the hinge and motor, had to trim a little off the plug but not much and it still lives in the standard position. Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 17:12
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #137
No hinges on my car..

Nothing to see here
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 19:36
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #138
We're when I had it Adam! Pretty sure you could use a single wiper conversion too!

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 19:40
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #139
Yeah it's being modified for a zx one. No matter it's a GF bonnet

Nothing to see here
Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 23:24
jorg

Senior User

Post #140
long over due an update and i'm sorry to say its still not finished Sad the plan was to have her ready for the new brighton prom stages last weekend but time just got away from me. as i was determined to do my local event i looked into hiring a car but people were asking stupid money, that led to me buying this:

a newly built logbooked f1000 micra with a whopping 55bhp Ninja the plan is to do a few events in it then sell it on. had to rob my fat bas**rd bucket seats from the 306 and i was good to go Thumbs up

all setup in service

had a bit of a moment on the first stage on the friday evening, still need to hammer it down Whistle the kerb came out of nowhere!

unfortunately i only managed 9 out of the 12 stages before i had to retire the car. the radiator fan stopped working and i couldn't risk overheating the engine No plus i still had to drive the thing home at the end of the day! apart from that service was easy, checked the wheel nut torques every now and again and a bit of fuel Big grin

this has definitely given me the bug to get the 306 finished now Yes i was by far the slowest thing out there but i wasn't really bothered about that. all i wanted to do was have a bit of fun and make sure rallying was still something i wanted to do, i'm glad to say it is Thumbs up

so back to the 306....

picked up a phase 1 fibreglass bonnet from Phil White, PhillipM's rose-jointed tubular wishbones and some 3 way adjustable Ohlins from a 206.

got to figure out whether i want to get the wishbones and suspension fitted now or leave them for a later upgrade Hmm

i have an entry in for the Neil Howard rally at Oulton Park in November so if i could get the car sorted for that i would be made up, knowing me though i can't see it happening LOL

Geoff

Posted 12th Sep 2014 at 17:27
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #141
bump :p

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Sep 2015 at 13:08
jorg

Senior User

Post #142
its only been nearly a year since the last update Mei, you can't expect miracles in that amount of time!

i should be out on the prom stages right now but pulled my entry as the car isn't finished in time and i wasn't doing it in the micra again No

have decided to replace the avo's i currently have fitted to the front with the 3 way ohlins i bought. just need to figure out what i'm doing top mount wise as the ohlins require a 22mm ID bearing, my russian guys are 20mm Sad while i'm at it i will be fitting a seam welded subframe, some phillipm tubular wishbones and a satchshift. may also be switching to 320mm ap racing rotors with the six pots Hmm

Posted 4th Sep 2015 at 17:41
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #143
looking great Geoff ...love the roll cage ....who made & fitted it ?
Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 17:36
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #144
I think it was a custom cages cage fitted by phillipm.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 17:51
jorg

Senior User

Post #145
i think its still a touchy subject though LOL thats why he now makes and fits his own cages

Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 17:52
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #146
prism7guy wrote:
I think it was a custom cages cage fitted by phillipm.

It is deffo a custom cages cage, not sure Phil fitted it, Rikky's project thread should still be knocking about to get more info from...

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 17:53
rikky 🦔

Post #147
LOL it'll take me a while to write the story up.. LOL

Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 18:05
rikky 🦔

Post #148
Short story: I bought a challenge spec cage off them (Custom Cages) with loads of extras; gussets, dash bar, extra triangulation, roof bars etc but had an installer lined up rather than CC. The main hoop from A to B pillar had an incorrect bend (really incorrect), and I backtracked through loads of other photos of existing cage installs they had done and I'd seen done DIY from the same "kit", and all them were wrong too. They had obviously changed machinery at some point and the bends ended up wrong somewhere but never noticed (shockingly). My cage installer (phillipm) pointed it out immediately. Spoke to CC, they confirmed it was wrong, and from correspondence I was the only person to have ever mentioned this to them since they'd been doing them that way. They would not adjust and remake me them and also the dash bar was miles wrong. Ended up ditching most of it, had it remade in T45 and stitched to the shell and pushed a bit further out. Ended up costing me double but hey it's part of the fun right?! I spoke to them about the certification and they said they'd still send it me. Never did. Sent welding samples and everything, before and after pics and itinerary etc, the lot. No cigar!

And that children is why you should never do drugs on a weekday

(most of that was copied off a Facebook rant I replied to about CC and gusset issues - their customer service seems to be absolutely appalling!)

Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 18:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #149
Blimey Rikky ...what assholes !

Well Phil made a rubbish cage look amazing Thumbs up
Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 18:41
Twangy

Senior User

Post #150
any idea when car will be doing its first rally Geoff ,how far off is car from being logbooked m8 ,cheers wayne

wayne mcardle
Posted 18th Oct 2015 at 22:06

Pages (8): first .. 5 [6] 7 .. last