displaying posts 51 to 75 of 172

Pages (7): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Rallye stage rally car.
devere

Senior User

Post #51
Ive been proper rubbish at getting the measurements of the inlet manifold. To be honest, I did it, then lost the paper I wrote it one, then forgot. Il get them again unless they have already been sorted.

Anyway, progress is slow at the moment, for some reason the little things take an eternity.. But I have painted the wings, and got the new battery I bought fitted inside. just got to run the 2 wires from it and its sorted.

Had to buy a new seat. Grrr, that and the other one can go in once the battery is sorted. Had a bit of a move round inside of stuff, and also fitted a new hydraulic handbrake.

I think to be fair ive made progress even slower by buying bits and adding to the long list of things that need finishing...

This has been adding time too....

Crazy

Posted 26th Mar 2013 at 20:00
devere

Senior User

Post #52
Well I finally got to bolt my suspension on again after plating the top mounts. Which ive known all along I should have done a while back even before the front suspension change! At least now this beefy top mount can get all 6 bolts holding it down!

Cant beat a good under bonnet colour match...

And amazingly, I think I have finally got to the point where I can get my wishbones, anti roll bar and steering rack to all play nicely together, and stop getting in each others way! I probably didn't put any photos up of the battle ive been having with these guys... I think pictures would have made me cry more.. But anyway, done now!

I am slightly closer to getting the wings on, and possibly even firing the old girl up for the first time since august...
Posted 20th Apr 2013 at 21:13
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Well done! Its always the stupid small stuff that takes eons. The stuff that looks huge takes no time at all, then the little stuff rapes you when you think you've got it nearly done Thumbs up

Nothing to see here
Posted 20th Apr 2013 at 21:41
devere

Senior User

Post #54
Tell me about it! LOL

This was supposed to be finished ready for the beginning of February!! Dunno

Posted 20th Apr 2013 at 21:48
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #55
Arrrgggh! Unpainted breeze block!

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 20th Apr 2013 at 22:02
devere

Senior User

Post #56
daveyboy wrote:
Arrrgggh! Unpainted breeze block!

If you could see how many of them there are, you would understand not having the time or inclination to bother even attempting to get a couple of coats on there!! LOL
Posted 20th Apr 2013 at 22:11
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
Car first, breeze block can go f**k itself...

Nothing to see here
Posted 20th Apr 2013 at 22:16
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
adam b wrote:
Car first, breeze block can go f**k itself...

Maybe this is why Jim's car isnt finished?

Bet he has a lovely tidy garage though Yes

Good progress on the car though mate, keep it up Thumbs up

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 24th Apr 2013 at 09:43
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #59
If I had a garage my car would've been finished years ago.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 24th Apr 2013 at 09:51
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
daveyboy wrote:
If I had a garage my car would've been finished years ago.

Sorry Dave, will keep quiet, I know you would of made more progress if it was up to you Smile

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 24th Apr 2013 at 12:23
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #61
Things have been a bit rough lately, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully it's not just the tax man with a torch though LOL

Harness bars
Posted 24th Apr 2013 at 16:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
It's probably Stan, hiding from the rain...

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 24th Apr 2013 at 16:16
devere

Senior User

Post #63
Well I feel like im actually getting somewhere now. And no, I don't mean that ive started to paint the walls..!

By the end of play today it was sitting like this. Albeit on 3 wheels.

I am just waiting on my rear brakes to turn up. Which im hoping will be bloody soon... Then I have to sort out the fact I have a stripped thread on one of my front caliper nipple holes... Always something to put you back a step.

Basically the only other change to those pictures really is the spoiler needa a final coat of paint, and that will be bolted on. Im hoping I might actually get it out of the workshop in the next week 10 days max... Fingers crossed! Although I have got little bits to finish here and there..
Posted 28th Apr 2013 at 21:18
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #64
Well done chap, it's nice when things state to come together (not that I'd f**king know LOL)

Harness bars
Posted 28th Apr 2013 at 21:21
devere

Senior User

Post #65
Haha!

I can assure you, it does give a sense of relief when it starts taking shape.

Although thr caliper thread is a real p**s off... I'd had my doubts on how much life it had in it a while back! Grrr.
Posted 28th Apr 2013 at 21:27
devere

Senior User

Post #66
Well, a pretty slow weekend for me.. I got my caliper repaired so bled the brakes up the other day. And during that process the thread repair seems to have failed... So that's now ground to a halt again.

Its the last thing to do before the car can move and get some testing underway.

So today I went about making my wheels fit the arches... Just a bit of simple bumper adjustment!

From this,

To this,

I got my new seat finally in on the drivers side. Think having it in the dining room still in its box was wearing a bit thin.... So in it went.

Also got this all painted up black and shiny finally. So this can be fitted properly over the next few days. Fed up of putting it on and taking it off all the while!

As for the next few days, il have to see how the front caliper repairing goes! But the only other main thing to do is fit my one last item for the time being! Now, these are the pictures of my brakes im getting. They are the pictures from my friend who im having them off, and not actually on my car yet. But I am currently tracking them on there way over the channel!

So I shall be looking forward to the balance these guys bring to the car under braking!
Posted 5th May 2013 at 23:20
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
Awsome car, nice to see a rallye being rallyed Smile

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 5th May 2013 at 23:44
devere

Senior User

Post #68
Well just a few tidying up bits today.. Bolted on the spoiler now its finally done. ALrthough I do need a couple of longer bolts for locating the adjusting hole.

So as per the other update, its pretty much wait for the brakes to be sorted then get trying it out!
Posted 6th May 2013 at 16:48
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #69
time you tool all those old stickers off isn't it? Razz

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th May 2013 at 16:55
devere

Senior User

Post #70
welshpug! wrote:
time you tool all those old stickers off isn't it? Razz

That's usually low on the priority list as repairs get in the way. But the other thing is they are mostly conveniently placed to cover up some incriminating damage...!!
Posted 6th May 2013 at 17:00
devere

Senior User

Post #71
Well the car has done its first mile on the road since august last year today...! Was good to be back behind the wheel! And surprisingly despite the tracking being a way out, everything seemed to work as it should!

Just got to track it up, and then its time to set the suspension up! Or at least try and figure out how to get it to somewhat sensible settings!
Posted 12th May 2013 at 20:26
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #72
Woodbridge today would have been good for that, most cars were flat and airborne down the side straight probably half to 3/4 mile long! Big grin

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 13th May 2013 at 00:00
devere

Senior User

Post #73
Yeh its a shame the car wasn't ready, as its only 10 miles from my house that! Although considering I'd hoped the car would be finished for the start of February, its no surprise it wasn't done!

Sounds like it was a good day, but a bit of a tyre killer??
Posted 13th May 2013 at 07:28
devere

Senior User

Post #74
Well, I think I am finally getting it close to being finished.. Although things do keep cropping up to test my patience even more.

So despite spending nearly 6 months messing around under the front arches and all around the front end, only at the weekend did I notice I had a cracked brake disc. Happy days! So an absurd amount of money later, and some nice new discs were luckily fitted.

Now with the brakes, I did notice the travel increased on the pedal slightly when I fitted the 4 pots. I was ok with this, but id have rather had it back up top and nice and firm. So while I am going to fit the 2 pot rears next week in a last minute panic, I decided I should increase the master cylinder size to make sure everything is how I want it... So luckily the other day, I took delivery of my nice new 25mm master cylinder which will shortly be fitted.

So there you have 2 of the most exciting pictures so far!
Posted 23rd May 2013 at 21:24
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #75
nice Big grin should give a better feel to the pedal then.

I didn't get over to the service area at all at Woodbridge, but I can imagine it would be quite abrasive, most airfields are! though walking around its still in pretty good nick, Debden really was a tyre killer but I haven't been there for a long time now.

Garry's out soon but I wont be able to go as there's no room in the car, but will be for the one in August.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd May 2013 at 21:41

Pages (7): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last