displaying posts 26 to 50 of 172

Pages (7): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: Rallye stage rally car.
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #26
Cheers!

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 16:02
devere

Senior User

Post #27
daveyboy wrote:
Can you post up some pics of how the satchshift works at the gearbox end? All I've ever seen is the arrangement inside the car. Also, could you PM me some details of price etc. for the dogbox? Thanks in advance Smile

I will get a picture of the subframe for you tomorrow if its any help, to show where the mounts go.

I've got the subframe off at the moment anyway as I'm doing a slight modification to the rear wishbone mount points to fit the tubular wishbones.

I will also message you either later or tomorrow when I'm on the computer. Since my dog chewed my phone up its made writing on here rather time consuming!
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 21:19
devere

Senior User

Post #28
Well its been a fairly quiet few months. Lack of enthusiasm is never very handy when things need to get done.

Ive had this little lot stashed away for the last few months waiting to be fitted....

So the rears, they were simple enough.. Although without knowing to modify the mounting on the trailing arm slightly, could have caused an early and expensive end to these guys!

As for the front, that's a little more time consuming. Lots of measuring and sorting bits out, and I made a new rear mounting point to fit the tubular wishbones. Once it was all pieced together, it came to testing it on the car to make sure we didn't mess it up.... ANd thankfully it looks like everything is where it should be...

So far so good. Now all I need to do is sort a damn steering rack out. And once the wings are the correct shape again, it should be all good when the various bits and pieces are all attached!

I have 4 weeks to get everything sorted, and hopefully get all the suspension set up and then its competing time again. I hate deadlines...
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 19:48
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
subscribed.... hadnt seen this, I am in the process again, of building a 306 for the tour of mull rallye in cotober.... wondering if its better to but the s16 challenge car thats just arrived on the site... good luck with your deadline, what event are you doing???

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 20:04
devere

Senior User

Post #30
yippeekayay wrote:
subscribed.... hadnt seen this, I am in the process again, of building a 306 for the tour of mull rallye in cotober.... wondering if its better to but the s16 challenge car thats just arrived on the site... good luck with your deadline, what event are you doing???

I've got an entry in for the north west stages in Blackpool. 8th and 9th of Feb I think it is. Did it a couple of years ago and have some unfinished business there. I put a hole (note: rather large hole) in the rad after making a wrong tyre choice and under steering into the end of a two foot high wall.

Although to be fair, considering about a mile previously I completely knocked over a full size lamp post with a head on, I should have known I had no grip!!!

Always eyed up doing mull, but it's about as far away as it could be from where I live, so that's why I've always ruled it out.

What are you going to be putting into your build?
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 21:40
devere

Senior User

Post #31
yippeekayay wrote:

I've got an entry in for the north west stages in Blackpool. 8th and 9th of Feb I think it is. Did it a couple of years ago and have some unfinished business there. I put a hole (note: rather large hole) in the rad after making a wrong tyre choice and under steering into the end of a two foot high wall.

Although to be fair, considering about a mile previously I completely knocked over a full size lamp post with a head on, I should have known I had no grip!!!

Always eyed up doing mull, but it's about as far away as it could be from where I live, so that's why I've always ruled it out.

What are you going to be putting into your build?
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 21:41
devere

Senior User

Post #32
As things go at the moment, it looks like this has more chance of being broken than actually put together. The hassle of an anti roll bar has tipped me over the edge.
Posted 21st Jan 2013 at 19:16
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Looking for a done car or now may hire a 106 cup car as had a very good offer based on 3 rallies. Though still hoping to buy a Caged 306 rolling shell and just run a gp n + spec. The car I want will probably be sold by the time I can afford it as already picking up a 205 this weekend....

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 21st Jan 2013 at 19:30
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
whats the issue with the anti roll bar?

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 21st Jan 2013 at 20:11
devere

Senior User

Post #35
clen666 wrote:
whats the issue with the anti roll bar?

Trying to make it fit! Lol. It doesn't help having to try and work out exactly how kit car suspension goes together without knowing all the other little bits and pieces go together that make it work!

So time consuming, and really god damn annoying!
Posted 21st Jan 2013 at 23:55
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end mate, looks like a nice set up once you have it sorted

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 22nd Jan 2013 at 00:07
devere

Senior User

Post #37
Just a bit of work going on at the moment. The North West stages idea was knocked on the head. Setting the suspension up has proved more of a task than expected.

Actually finding a camber/caster gauge has been the hardest part! Although that should now be sorted, so I can get on with moving the wheels about to where they need to be.

Ive also been making some mods to other things. Including new rad fans. Making some room to fit the oil cooler ive had in stock for 18 months or more. Along with a roof vent which might be securely fitted one day!

And lets hope the wings are wider than I remember and do actually cover the wheels once ive finally adjusted the camber to the correct setting..!

Got a few more bits and pieces on order, and several more things to do, so one day it may ride again!
Posted 10th Feb 2013 at 15:02
vts_tibi

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
What kind of "airbox" is that you have? It fits using the original rad, and even the PAS pump is still in the original place! I would instantly buy one!

Looks much like what the kit-cars used.

VTS
best 60' : 2.272
best 1/8 ET : 9.375 @ 74.42mph
best 1/4 ET: 14.603 @ 97.047mph

Team Trackday™
Posted 27th Feb 2013 at 21:32
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #39
The wings will fit just fine, but if they don't, just roll the arches and pull them out a little. They are so thin you can do it by hand.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 28th Feb 2013 at 07:53
devere

Senior User

Post #40
So I got a few bits of Colin Satchell to put in stock, ready for when the car will turn a wheel again... These came the other day.

And I spent this afternoon keeping myself occupied with the very tedious job of setting the caster, camber and toe on the front end. Looks like a bit of chopping is going to be needed on the bumper!

Lets hope the next few bits and pieces start arriving in the post pretty soon.
Posted 3rd Mar 2013 at 20:08
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Haha, I took mine to where I wanted it, nearly knocked the bumper off when I turned the wheel to check it LOL

My official setting for castor now is "until it scuffs then back a bit"

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 3rd Mar 2013 at 20:21
devere

Senior User

Post #42
Haha, cant beat a nice precise measurement!

Although I get the feeling mine will end up being, if it scuffs, cut some more bumper off!
Posted 3rd Mar 2013 at 20:25
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #43
Manifold looks neat, is it a chopped standard set of runners with the DCOE flanges welded on?

Harness bars
Posted 4th Mar 2013 at 11:38
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #44
yup.

any chance you could measure the distance from face to face top and bottom martin?

wondering how different it will be to one I have here, also made by colin and ported by sandy, but an early one that didnt fit so well.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Mar 2013 at 18:27
devere

Senior User

Post #45
No problem Mei. I will sort it out, probably tomorrow night when im home. Il drop you a message when I have it.
Posted 4th Mar 2013 at 18:34
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #46
I wonder if Colin can sort me some of those neat little blanking plugs for the unused injector ports?

Harness bars
Posted 4th Mar 2013 at 19:48
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #47
give him a ring Smile

cheers Martin, not sure when Garry will be out next, not too long hopefully Big grin

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Mar 2013 at 19:59
devere

Senior User

Post #48
welshpug! wrote:
give him a ring Smile

cheers Martin, not sure when Garry will be out next, not too long hopefully Big grin

Probably sooner than me at the rate this is going.... It only started out as replacing the broken wishbone and smashed steering rack...!!!!
Posted 4th Mar 2013 at 20:55
devere

Senior User

Post #49
welshpug! wrote:
give him a ring Smile

Probably sooner than me at the rate this is going.... It only started out as replacing the broken wishbone and smashed steering rack...!!!!
Posted 4th Mar 2013 at 21:18
vts_tibi

Seasoned Pro

Post #50
welshpug! wrote:
yup.

any chance you could measure the distance from face to face top and bottom martin?

wondering how different it will be to one I have here, also made by colin and ported by sandy, but an early one that didnt fit so well.

Would be interested in those figures too! Smile

Still no answer for my question regarding the airbox LOL

VTS
best 60' : 2.272
best 1/8 ET : 9.375 @ 74.42mph
best 1/4 ET: 14.603 @ 97.047mph

Team Trackday™
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 21:27

Pages (7): 1 [2] 3 .. last