displaying posts 1 to 25 of 172

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: Rallye stage rally car.
devere

Senior User

Post #1
Well i thought i would add a project thread here, as my car has kind of turned into a project, even though i didnt neccessarily intend it to!!

Ive been using my Rallye rally car for a couple of years now. When i put her away after the summer last year i thought it was time to freshen it up with some new mods!

As it is, it has a fairly standard engine, with some phase 1 newman cams i believe. The engine was freshened up just before i got it.

It runs a 205 box, with quaife gear set, and Kaaz LSD. Since owning it ive fitted a bigger rear anti roll bar, along with some Peugeotsport 23mm torsion bars. The suspension mods were actually done half way through last year.

This is what i looked like when i first started using it.

Since then its been all over the country, even being spotted by some members in Blackpool this time last year. Its been to wales and my local areas too, and last year spent most of its time in Belgium.

A couple of action shots before the progress pics!

So since its been laid up i thought i would improve the gear selection process! I got on the phone o Colin Satchel, and ended up getting his 'satchshift' in kit form, to fit myself. Easiest way as he is the opposite side of the country!

That was interesting to fit! lol.

The other major mod that is going on is the new engine. High compression beauty, with a fully 'Kent' equipped head, with their valves springs,retainers, solid lifters and PT84's. This was being worked and built just lately and came back today! I will get some pictures when i get it out of the box again.

It will be running 11.8:1 c/r, and jenvey bodies. Powered by an Omex 600.

So not many other pics at the moment, but they will come as the rest of the engine fits together!
Posted 9th Feb 2011 at 01:12
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
quality, love the pic up in the air.
the satchshifts look really good, ive got my name down for a 205 one when he makes them.

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 9th Feb 2011 at 01:15
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #3
Do you want to buy my Omex 600?

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 9th Feb 2011 at 01:17
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
At last, one that's not lowered 40mm on cyclones...there had to be one out there! Ninja

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Awesome, proper rallye Yes Love

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
seen this one about for a few years when servicing and marshalling, even out in Belgium Smile

good to see it survived the ditch incident!

There's a picture of the Saxo I'm service crew for on the very same bump at Woodbridge LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th Feb 2011 at 01:35
devere

Senior User

Post #7
daveyboy wrote:
Do you want to buy my Omex 600?

I have one now cheers! Picked it up on a good deal with brand new jenveys. Everything unused, so hopefully should be all set to go when i get it built soon.

welshpug! wrote:
seen this one about for a few years when servicing and marshalling, even out in Belgium Smile

good to see it survived the ditch incident!

There's a picture of the Saxo I'm service crew for on the very same bump at Woodbridge LOL

Yes it is quite a bump there at woodbridge! I went to do that event as its about 15 mins from my front door, but its so damn hard on tyres!!

And yes, it survived the ditch incident, although considering that happened only 11 days before we headed back across to belgium, the old man pulled one out of the bag straightening it!

Here is a video of a slightly more succesful stage the event after it went off. I was somewhat cautious on this event though as i dont think id have been popular with the old man had he got more straightening work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McBE4k1RH5E

Sound is shit as the mic was buggered at the time.
Posted 9th Feb 2011 at 02:22
devere

Senior User

Post #8
Progress stalled somewhat for a while here, whilst i was gathering engine parts, getting some machining done, and generally trying to find the time to do everything!

Anyway, with the first rally im doing this year at the end of May, i thought its about time i started putting all my parts together!

So this is what i managed to do today...
Posted 16th Apr 2011 at 01:52
devere

Senior User

Post #9
As this thready seemed to stall somewhat abruptly about a year ago, i thought i might put up a few bits and pieces i have done since.

More for my own amusement than anything going by the lack of views! lol.

Anyway, as my gearbox gave up on me last year, i thought it was time for a change. So i got myself a nice Helix push clutch, mated to a nicely machined flywheel.

So rather than go for something tempremental, i thought id get myself a nice shiny brand new, Peugeot Sport 6 speed Dog Box. So this mated nicely to the new clutch setup... And combined with the Satchshift i had already put into the car, it combines for one of the most amazing shifting experiences ever...

Whilst i was waiting for that to arrive, i realised i am a sucker for a billy bargain. I realised i needed some better braking power, so dipped into the emergency parts fund and snapped these lovelies up. And yes, they cleaned up spotlessly...

That all kept me happy up until the other day when i realised i needed a better ride. So thought it would be rude not to take these off someones hands for what i considered a pretty good price Wink A pair of large tube Proflex dampers, with modified hubs and top mounts included. Now all i need to do is chase the courier up, and find out where the 3rd parcel got to that contains the matching rear shocks!

Thats where it is at the moment, the only thing lacking now is my ability to actually pilot the damn thing. But im sure if it stays in one piece then one day il get the hang of it!
Posted 10th Aug 2012 at 20:07
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #10
a quick tip for you, don't make so much bloody noise in service park Wink

you doing staden?

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th Aug 2012 at 21:10
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
how much was the box? it looks al lot narrower, more like a 5 speed Crazy
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 17:30
devere

Senior User

Post #12
It's even shorter than the 5 speed infact. I had a 5 speed BE3 in before this and this doesn't poke towards the wheel as much as the 5 speed did.

No idea how they fit it all in tho! Lol. And it cost nigh on 6 months wage!
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 19:09
devere

Senior User

Post #13
It's even shorter than the 5 speed infact. I had a 5 speed BE3 in before this and this doesn't poke towards the wheel as much as the 5 speed did.

No idea how they fit it all in tho! Lol. And it cost nigh on 6 months wage!
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 19:10
jonnie205

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
fair play, be interested to hear what thats like when fitted Thumbs up
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 20:15
devere

Senior User

Post #15
It is in the car and I've had it in for the last 3 rallies I've done. Been having issues elsewhere tho! Had the plastic clip on the clutch cable that goes over the pedal snap meaning an early end. Then last time out the clutch packed up. That was down to stupidity in my part rather than any fault of the cars.

Just putting the finishing touches to it this weekend as back to Belgium Monday ready for action Wednesday.

I have a couple of videos Il try and get up although they don't hide the poor driving!

I seriously hope the bloody French post office finds the parcel with the rear Proflex dampers in it. I was intending to for them thus weekend! Grrr.
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 20:29
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #16
Come on, spill, how much?

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 11th Aug 2012 at 23:48
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Didn't realise you could still buy a be3 6 speed peugeot dog box? How much do you earn each month? LOL

Do you get any schematic diagrams with it, or are there any online? Be interested to see if its the same as my 5 speed ones.

The Sadev boxes also put 6 gears into a 5 speed casing, must be quite thin gears!

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 12th Aug 2012 at 10:05
devere

Senior User

Post #18
Heres a quick video of the old girl in action last time out. You will just have to excuse the fanny behind the wheel trying to drive it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCR4JvgtUfQ&feature=youtu.be

I will have another couple of quick ones loaded shortly, but been a busy day and ive literally just left them to upload at the moment. Nothing exciting, but its all i have at the mo!

Edit:

Heres the next one quicker than i expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFD3KKAaI0k&feature=youtu.be

And a picture from last month while the last video is underway! lol

Posted 12th Aug 2012 at 23:40
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #19
DOH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0q1YzFknffQ#t=154s

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Aug 2012 at 15:44
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #20
Oh no! Much damage done?

Harness bars
Posted 21st Aug 2012 at 10:22
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #21
Bent wishbones and panel damage from what I saw.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Aug 2012 at 10:39
Matt_rallye

Regular

Post #22
Popping flames = epic winning!
Posted 21st Aug 2012 at 10:55
devere

Senior User

Post #23
I never even bothered looking for videos after that performance! I think i have learnt to slow down next time i have a flat tyre on the front again...

Acd welshy is pretty much right, bent wishbone and both wings have a small(ish) dent on the front of them.

How i got so close to that pylon and only a quick glance of it on the bodywork is beyond me.. All it really did was take the wheel back, and it would have missed the wheel if it wasnt on a left hand lock!

As it is though the bent wishbone was a pretty good excuse to get some tubular bones and the appropriate front anti roll bar to go with them.

Although if my luck doesnt change some time soon me and the car shall be parting company.
Posted 27th Aug 2012 at 16:10
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #24
Can you post up some pics of how the satchshift works at the gearbox end? All I've ever seen is the arrangement inside the car. Also, could you PM me some details of price etc. for the dogbox? Thanks in advance Smile

Harness bars
Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 14:11
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #25
look at the 205 kit on KAM racing, it'll be very similar (not the off car pic though, as that's of the 106/saxo kit)

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Sep 2012 at 15:56

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 .. last