displaying posts 951 to 975 of 1018

Pages (41): first .. 38 [39] 40 .. last

Author Subject: My 306 Dimma project, Mainly photos
Nick.gti6

Regular

Post #951
Only joking mate great work... looks amazing, are you going pugfest?
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 20:12
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #952
What the old windscreen??? Sold!
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 20:12
Nick.gti6

Regular

Post #953
Haha Smile
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 20:14
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #954
I hope to be but all depends if I can get the car to a drivable state and get it mapped before pugfest which I think is unlikely but we will see
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 20:24
Nick.gti6

Regular

Post #955
How do you get your pictures under 256kb by the way?
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 20:35
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #956
I use photobucket and It does it all for me, Im s**t with computers so if I can so can you
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 21:01
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #957
Photobucket and copy n paste the image link into the thread
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 21:15
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #958
Lost the love already!, you need to be blasting it round some country lanes in the wet, then the mud will cover up any defects. And you'll love it again.
Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 23:16
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #959
The plot thickens and the love is dramatically reducing Sad

So I haven't driven the car for 3 weeks now due to waiting for my wings to be repaired and painted Sad hopefully they will be done by the beginning of next week so then I can sort out bolting the bumper to the shell rather than the wings and risk cracking them again!

Whilst I can't use the car I decided it was about time I get an alarm fitted so then I dont have to worry about leaving it places and also with a certificate it will then be insured against theft.

I already had two top of the range Clifford g5 alarms so all I would have to do is pay the Labour to get one of them fitted... Or not!

Think iv been bent over today Sad

So the alarm bloke turns up, I showed him both alarms, both identical however one had full system closure (open/close the Windows with the remote) and it also had a pager which was very expensive but I never really used it.

Now both alarms had been fitted to 306's in the past and both were cut out by cutting the car side of the looms not the Clifford looms.
The alarm bloke said due to the "state" of both the old alarms it would cost as much to fit the old ones as buying a new one and fitting it as it would take a lot of time (Labour) removing all the electrical tape from the old looms and work out where they go!

So after a 5 minute think I give the go a head to fit a new alarm (again identical to the other 2 apart from the fob is different)

I discussed with him that it had to be a neat install and to mount everything in the driver's rear quarter and that I was then going to get rid of all the old alarm wires, electric mirror wires and electric window wires as I'm fitting perspex ones!

So I leave him for 8 hours while he fits it.... I then come back to find out that it is a bloody mess... Fuming! All the wires that he had to splice in were soldered and then electrical taped... What's wrong with heat shrink??? Also he has spliced in earth cables when there is an earth stud 2" down the wire that he spliced into Sad

So I argued the toss and would not pay the Labour charge of £200 as he could of just used either of the 2 alarms I already have!

This is what I came back to

I then spent the last 4 hours trying to sort this mess out, tracing all the wires and redoing it all, not even close to being finished yet either

So I wasted £400 on an alarm that I already have lol God I'm sick to death of cowboys

Since moving in the new house iv said to my self that I'm not spending any more on the dimma lol

After talking to rich and Ross I now need to get a 3" exhaust system made so that's another £600 I need to spend!

I need to start selling a few bits to build my extension fund back up so soon the 2 alarms and my current zero exhaust will be up for grabs

Rant over lol
Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 22:48
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #960
Laugh my ass off that wiring looks abit like the wiring in my rallye at the minute.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 22:57
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #961
Do you want an alarm to go with it so then it looks identical??
Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 23:00
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #962
pass my rallye isnt worth stealing so not worthy of an alarm LOL all i wanted to do was remove the wiring for the rear speakers what turned into removing wiring for rear wiper and accidently removerd the rear boot lock wiring too! Doh removed it as far back as under the driver seat so still a good bit to go yet then tape it all back up...

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 23:06
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #963
Iv managed to get rid of a fair bit more now, in the end I should just have two wires going to each door to lock/unlock and that's it

Probably another 10 hours left lol
Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 23:10
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #964
all I have really is rear lights and front doors for inside the car, bext job it to remove all wiring for the heaters ect...

Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 23:29
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #965
All I have coming off the loom that connects under the pass side dash is rear lights and fuel pump power feed, the rest in the picture is wires from driver's side door to pass door....
Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 23:31
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #966
The heater has its own loom that you can just disconnect in the driver's side foot well
Posted 26th Jun 2015 at 23:32
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #967
Is this a road spec 306 or a track one? Is it trying to be both? I still can't work it out...
Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 01:11
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #968
It's a bit of both really, no way was I going to send 30k and only use it on track a handful of times a year!
I think the reason you have asked that question is due to me fitting an alarm on it, the main reason is the car has an agreed insurance value of 30k but until I fitted a alarm it was not covered by theft, the other reason is when I go to events or meets I dint really have much trust in leaving the car so little gypsy c**ts can get into my car!

The reason I'm removing all the unused wiring is to loose weight which in turn is free power Smile

I certainly won't be taking it to the shops or to the local McDonald's drive thru if that what your wondering lol

Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 05:42
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #969
Ollie just keep smiling m8 Thumbs up
That's one very special car !!!!!

I think you need to bite the bullet & get it to Pugfest & you will then see how much others appreciate your masterpiece !!!
Put it on a bloody trailer ....if need be !!!
You can tell people it's not finished & I believe that will give you the extra encouragement you need right now Big grin

I had Similar with my 1974 a mini show car 20years ago ----3 years work & silly little things started to niggle me to the point I didn't want to spend any more time or even money on it .....

I went to a show & the love I got from people & encouragement made me go home & finish the stupid things that make it special Thumbs up
Please just get that car to Pugfest & let others as well as YOU ...enjoy it .....you bloody deserve that & I'm sure others will tell you Ollie how (extra) special this car really is !!!!!!

I think we all enjoy doing these cars up & putting our personalities into them ...then when they are nearly finished & you think I could of done this & that better & small things go wrong ....the love can go as quick as it came !!!!
Some good & great cars have sold on here in the 2.5years I've been around.....
Please just get it to Pugfest somehow Ollie Whistle
Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 09:21
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #970
a silly alarm wont stop someone getting inside!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 09:35
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #971
No but I will get a 30k pay out lol
Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 10:01
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #972
Defoe won't make pug fest, no toe bar, no trailer to be able to bring it and still needs the wiring/alarm done, wings and bumper fitted, mapped etc
If I had a garage at the new place it would be so much easier and quicker Sad
Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 10:36
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #973
It will be worth it mate, it's a stunning motor and you chould be proud of how it's come together over the years Smile. Many months of sweat and tears have gone into building it.

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 27th Jun 2015 at 10:51
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #974
I think we need to organise a Pug meet near Fareham to appreciate your car then!. I only saw one 306 Dimma at FCS and wasn't that impressed with it, i actually started doubting whether i made the right decision to buy the kit.
Posted 28th Jun 2015 at 12:34
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #975
I'm down visiting mates in Winchester every few weeks so would be cool to call in and see it sometime Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 28th Jun 2015 at 14:34

Pages (41): first .. 38 [39] 40 .. last