displaying posts 476 to 500 of 563

Pages (23): first .. 19 [20] 21 .. last

Author Subject: Wilwood brakes
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #476
Nowhere near as cheap as the Wilwood pads though Sad No

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 21:35
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #477
This the sort of pressure bleeder to make wilwood fitting easier?

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 22:36
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #478
i used a pressure bleeder on mine (not as good as that one though) and i found i still could not get all the air out, i think what happens is that air bubbles still cling to the sides of the pipes and calipers and the pressure bleeder wouldn't shift them,

What i did is to use a pressure bleeder (so that the fluid level cant go too low) combined with a normal one way valve bleeder tube on the nipple,

I then got the missus to pump the brake pedal while i watched for air bubbles, i was amazed at the amount of air that came out as i had bled it twice already with the pressure bleeder

Pedal feels nice and solid now, although i am going to give it one last bleed at the weekend
Smile

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 23:51
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #479
That's the way I normally do it, shifts any small bubbles clinging to the internal surfaces then.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 23:51
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #480
I'm still not 100% convinced about mine either TBH. I still think there maybe a wee bit of air left in there. Although every time I do bleed them they get betterSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 23:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #481
Wedge the brake pedal down overnight and then bleed them the morning after, sometimes helps shift the air up to the master cylinder so it comes out the res.

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 23:56
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #482
What are these other pads you speak of Phil? What's the heat range like? Good from cold?

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 23:58
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #483
100~900*c....Whistle

Probably need a stop just to get them warm but after than should be fine, they're quite a soft pad so not too bad even when it's freezing (downside is they do dust a fair bit because they're soft...)

Just sit down before you ask about the price Yes

Email me!
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 00:54
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #484
phillipm wrote:

Just sit down before you ask about the price Yes

I'm sitting . . .

Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 00:56
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #485
~

Email me!
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 00:58
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #486
Have you got back up off the floor yet?

Email me!
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 01:01
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #487
phillipm wrote:
~

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 01:04
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #488
Indeed, they worked out about

Email me!
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 01:12
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #489
Phillip any news on making up some spacers?

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 01:16
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #490
No, I haven't been up to the main workshop for a fortnight, been repairing a few family cars!

Email me!
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 01:23
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #491
I know its cheeky but could you look at some drawings that I have done to make sure that i have done them right then so I can crack on with getting some made.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 01:24
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #492
The pagid rs4 blue pads i use are
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 02:07
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #493
phillipm wrote:
Have you got back up off the floor yet?

Sorry Phil, My lovely girlfriend (She's watching me type thisLOL) placed a plate full of food in front of meLaugh my ass off

Well they're expensive compared to the pads I'm using just now. IIRC the smart pads come in at ~

Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 02:11
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #494
mr swampy s16 wrote:

Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 02:12
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #495
mr swampy s16 wrote:

Email me!
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 04:04
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #496
No im still useing the standerd s16 calipers.
They stop me as good as i need.
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 12:04
scib4

Senior User

Post #497
Can you give any more details Phil??

I used to run Carbotechs XP8's on my Rallye, Brilliant pads, so good in fact i now run them on my S2000!

Mike

08 BMW 320d M-Sport touring (Superchipped Spec)
11 VW Transporter Kombi T5.1GP LWB (Bi-Turbo spec)
Yeti DJ (Jump spec)
Specialized SX Trail (DH spec)
Specialized Pitch (XC spec)
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 18:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #498
Bit higher operating temperature range than XP8, high friction level too, probably not quite as easy on discs though.

I was looking at XP8's to run with my 266's, what are they like compared to 1144 and 2500?

Email me!
Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 20:39
vts_tibi

Seasoned Pro

Post #499
sorry if this was covered later, but I just can't be arsed to read back 25 pages...

so, the distance I marked on the picture - how different is that compared to the original brake setup?

As today I've investigated my brake caliper and wheel clearance, and there's load of space outwards, but nothing between the caliper and the wheel (Tecnomagnesio TM Light 15')

VTS
best 60' : 2.272
best 1/8 ET : 9.375 @ 74.42mph
best 1/4 ET: 14.603 @ 97.047mph

Team Trackday™
Posted 7th Mar 2009 at 00:04
vts_tibi

Seasoned Pro

Post #500
anyone?

VTS
best 60' : 2.272