displaying posts 451 to 475 of 563

Pages (23): first .. 18 [19] 20 .. last

Author Subject: Wilwood brakes
spiky

Seasoned Pro

Post #451
as i said just my opinion, the extra stress that is put on all the components, esp the bolts holding the wheel on

i could be talking crap gary..lol but just wont run a car on track with spacers.

Do you need a 205 > 306 gti6 plug and go engine loom? PM ME

TORQUES for all your braided fuel line needs

MY YouTube Videos'

SUPERCHARGED 205 GTI6.... are you Fooking nuts!.... ummmm YIP Smile

268+BHP and 860kg = FUN
Posted 16th Feb 2009 at 16:10
garry

Regular

Post #452
Ok, I see.

205 GTI6 S
Posted 16th Feb 2009 at 19:08
Welly Forum Admin

Post #453
26mm is a massive over kill. Having said that. I ran 20 hubcentrics on the oz's and i tracked mine and have it death on the road. I think it would be fair to say it's the quality of both spacer and bolt.

Life is a lie. The only certainty of which is death. Go live and enjoy yourself. The clock is ticking

Vrs power!!
Posted 17th Feb 2009 at 03:08
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #454
Welly wrote:
26mm is a massive over kill. Having said that. I ran 20 hubcentrics on the oz's and i tracked mine and have it death on the road. I think it would be fair to say it's the quality of both spacer and bolt.

I'm guessing here Paul, but you were using 20mm spacers to bring the offset down to ~17mm, right?

I think what Garry and co are concerned about is bringing the offset down to nearer 0mm offsetSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 17th Feb 2009 at 03:11
Welly Forum Admin

Post #455
You guess correct.

Life is a lie. The only certainty of which is death. Go live and enjoy yourself. The clock is ticking

Vrs power!!
Posted 17th Feb 2009 at 14:18
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #456
Thought i'd add my thoughts and experience with this kit as i bought Robins (Bininoz) kit off him, i picked this kit off him last tuesday after a nice drive up there, lovely roads by his by the way and many thanks for the fish and chips Cheers

Anway started with this

Pic of my existing caliper, you can see how the paint (Hammerite) has discoloured due to the heat -Hammerite no good for painting calipers really No

Another Shock (Oulton park did this)

And the finished article Cool

Made up with them TBH, i've still to bed them in properly and im not convinced i've got all the air out although i've bled them three times (think i need a better bleed kit i think),
my intial thoughts where "these are crap" but after a few miles of driving and a re-bleed they came good, nice and progressive but then bite good and they can only get better once there properly bedded in, proper test will be when i take them on track though Ninja

Big thanks to Welly for developing this kit, Phil for the lovely looking brackets and Robin for the tasty Fish and Chips,

DAve,,Smile

Team Supercharged Gti-6 Ninja
Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 22:54
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #457
Have you had to use spacers with those wheels?

Oh and bleeding them is a b*tch. I'm still not totally convinced that i've got all the air out of mine yet. Saying that I find them a huge step up from standard pads and discsSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 22:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #458
A pressure bleeder is a dream for four-pot to be honest, makes it 10 times faster.
Personally I like the Poly-A pads best of the wilwood offerings but they like to chew discs.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 22:55
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #459
SteviePut wrote:
Have you had to use spacers with those wheels?

Oh and bleeding them is a b*tch. I'm still not totally convinced that i've got all the air out of mine yet. Saying that I find them a huge step up from standard pads and discsSmile

No no spacers needed with them wheels, and there ET23 offset, loads of clearance,

Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 22:59
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #460
phillipm wrote:
A pressure bleeder is a dream for four-pot to be honest, makes it 10 times faster.
Personally I like the Poly-A pads best of the wilwood offerings but they like to chew discs.

What do you mean by a pressure bleeder Phil?, one that works off an airline or the one's that attach to a spare tyre?

I might try the poly-A pads when i next need to change pads

Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 23:02
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #461
phillipm wrote:

When i''m up in Derby next time I'll head north a little further armed with some brake fluid then LOL

Poly-A pads might be a bit too much for the road looking at their temp range. 450-1300degre's F. You'd probably have zero brake when they're cold!! LOL Might get a set for Germany thoHmm

Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 23:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #462
Nah, they bite well when cold but they have a bit of a jump after one or two applications you have to watch for, we use 'em on the front of the buggy.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 23:08
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #463
Well I might get some next then. It'll probably take me a couple of years to wear the current ones out tho due to the lack of driving that car gets.

Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 23:13
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #464
LOL

Email me!
Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 23:14
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #465
Saying that I'll need new pads for plan "B" won't I Phil???LOL

Posted 22nd Feb 2009 at 23:59
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #466
Hmm

Email me!
Posted 23rd Feb 2009 at 00:00
Welly Forum Admin

Post #467
Excellent. Glad too see another kit on.
They are a b*tch to bleed from new. Give it a week for the pads to bed in and the fluid to push the air through and rebleed them.
Be spot on then Thumbs up

Vrs power!!
Posted 23rd Feb 2009 at 04:11
j205

Post #468
I've fitted the brakes and bled them up, i just need to take them for a test drive.
I ended up going for 20mm spacers as this allowed me to use the original wheel nuts, see pic. I think i could use 15mm spacers so will probably try this at a later time. My main concern now is that the wheels will catch on the arch trims as they do stick out a bit further.

Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 04:14
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #469
The answer to that one is a lot more negative camber, obviously Thumbs up LOL

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 04:33
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #470
A lot moreNinja

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 04:37
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #471
holy crap I would stop using those standard bolts straight away! there is no way enough thread on them for a 20mm spacer Shock

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 05:30
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #472
They bolt to the spacer Mei.

You plank LOL

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 05:31
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #473
doh, blame the zoider.... Ninja

can't have any of that heavy shit going on now can we phill! Razz

chop chop sell the lad some proper spacers!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 05:40
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #474
davedgti6 wrote:

I might try the poly-A pads when i next need to change pads

Let me know when you need some new pads as I might have a new option for you by then Whistle

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 17:18
davedgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #475
Hmm interesting

Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 18:42

Pages (23): first .. 18 [19] 20 .. last