displaying posts 51 to 75 of 102

Pages (5): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Rally car.
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
Here's what it looked like about 1 minute before:

And a nice picture of Banyards' V8 MINI, spaceframe is a bit less substantial than ours, but you can see why....

edit

Another MINI pic:

1. Midlife.
Ninja

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Dec 2008 at 21:34
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
Oh my god, someones put a diseasal in a Fouquet!
There's a line, and he just crossed it!
Diesel, ffs!

Clicky

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 19th Dec 2008 at 06:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Haven't updated this for a while, but mainly because it's going through a lot of design work and we've been milling up new jigs, fixtures and brackets to line the suspension up with.
We've finally got the M5's VANOS working with some beta software and a slightly modified DTA unit, and that's been at the dyno for the last week - mainly playing with the VANOS timing - bolted in an old bare spaceframe with a seat, pedals and a firewall - interesting for the dyno guys...

The good news is the engine is now well run in, no trouble, bar one of the new breathers blowing off - jubilee clip job - and the new sump and scavenge pump arrangement works perfectly on the level, with no oil pressure problems at all.

Anyhow, now she's run in and we know the ECU and VANOS has no apparent bugs, she'll get stripped down just for a check over, the new cams will go in, and I've a few bits to alter just in case we go ahead with the supercharger.

Anyhow, at the minute it's pushing a fairly tasty 594bhp at the crank. Love

Email me!
Posted 2nd Mar 2009 at 04:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
And as Mei keeps bugging me to make one that we can drop on it's arse and take on a trackday too, there's 2 sets of Fedimar supersoft tarmac/light gravel tyres on the way too...Cool

Email me!
Posted 2nd Mar 2009 at 05:08
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #55
mmm Vanos and sticky tyres Cool is that the V10 M5 engine? going in your new buggy or just one youre building?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd Mar 2009 at 15:20
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Our new one Big grin

Email me!
Posted 2nd Mar 2009 at 15:52
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
First French event of 2009 was last weekend, watch this superb feat of driving at the beginning:

Click

Laugh my ass off

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 06:11
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
Laugh my ass off bet he felt like such a spanner after that!

What's with that lord of the rings music in there too?

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 06:28
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Pirates of the Carribean, tccchh, some people.

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 06:33
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
same shit different asshole... Smile

Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 06:33
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
Admit it, it was you driving wasn't it?

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 06:34
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
I wish! I'd love a go in one of those.

Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 06:36
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
You'd only break it Wink Razz

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 08:26
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
lol, only from being so scared of breaking it I'd do something daft. Don't you build these things? there's confidence in your own work LOL Big grin

Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 20:02
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Build it wrong and you get hurt very quickly LOL

Email me!
Posted 5th Mar 2009 at 20:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
A dry run with all the major componenents in place, seats in etc, to check cabin, managed to get a photo before we whipped the engine out though, as you can see, space is rather tight, you wouldn't want anything bigger!

Got to weld all the little support/mounting lugs for bits and pieces on the chassis now and then send it off for low-pressure shot blasting.

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
One chassis back, off racing the buggy this weekend though so got nothing else done on it, next job, fab up 2 exhaust manifolds which avoid the pipework, chassis, oil coolers, supercharger, intercooler, and tie all 5 long runners on each side in equal lengths, weaving around each other, to connect up to the rest of the system.

Gonna be fun!

Email me!
Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 19:39
willygti

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
so this is basically a roll cage with an engine in it?

Team Ducati 748
2003 Subaru Impreza STi
Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 05:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
Chassis Razz

And diffs and gearbox, I was gonna take a photo with everything mocked up but forgot, not take too long to build it back up properly though.

Got the dampers today too, one set of RDC 4-ways for the conventional damping, one set of 3.0 Fox 4-tube bypass shocks for the position sensetive stuff. Shiny, Cool

Email me!
Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 05:15
rikky 🦔

Post #70
Blink christ thats like a climbing frame

is this the one with the M5 engine?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 05:41
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
Yup.

Yours'll end up like that the way you're going!

Email me!
Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 05:44
rikky 🦔

Post #72
LOL only added a roof diaganol and thats it

ive always wondered how the m5 engine would fit/go in an m3 Hmm doesnt look much bigger really

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 05:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
Drop the vanos and it's shorter than a nissan V6...

Email me!
Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 05:59
rikky 🦔

Post #74
no vanos = emissions fail though @ MOT time..

Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 06:01
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
Nah, just have it on verniers.

Oh, and you haven't seen it, heard about it, or know anything of it. Yes LOL

Email me!
Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 06:18

Pages (5): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last