displaying posts 26 to 50 of 102

Pages (5): 1 [2] 3 .. last

Author Subject: Rally car.
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Henry keeps pestering me for a go in this one though:

LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 16th Aug 2008 at 02:53
dr-evil

Senior User

Post #27
Looks and sounds gorgeous Love

Cad Monkey will work for chocolate biscuits....I'm not kidding
Posted 16th Aug 2008 at 05:14
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Anyone know anyone that may be interested in a Fouquet?

We'll need to shift it sometime after Christmas as we've started building our own car, we're taking it to one of the Rallyes TT events (Plaines et Vallees) at the end of November, so any serious (and I mean serious!) buyers can come with us and navigate to see how the car performs.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 16th Sep 2008 at 05:56
sacko_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Just out of interest how much do these cost?..

Build Date - 30 September 1997 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Posted 16th Sep 2008 at 16:23
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
If you have to ask...LOL

Nah, Guy's looking for somewhere between 20-45k depending upon what you want with the car and the spares package Smile

They'll take a fair beating though, so maintanance costs aren't bad at all.

Email me!
Posted 16th Sep 2008 at 16:38
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
sacko_gti6 wrote:
Just out of interest how much do these cost?..

If you mean the other cars too, then a rolling chassis (spaceframe, wishbones, uprights, steering rack, tie-rods) complete with a GRP body is

Email me!
Posted 19th Sep 2008 at 19:43
sacko_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Club rally car anyone? LOL

Posted 19th Sep 2008 at 19:45
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
LOL

We've got a 206 body left....
I think I've still got access to the old 306 Ice-racer moulds too, although they need some work.

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:02
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Well, due it being far too tempting, just for the noise, this M5 engine we've acquired is now going in the rally car instead of the LS7 engine, which should see perhaps 550bhp before the supercharger goes on.

Got to alter all the rear frame and suspension though, so some long nights of geometery work ahead Sad

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:03
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
sacko_gti6 wrote:
Club rally car anyone? LOL

You can use it for hillclimbing too!

Although maybe not quite the sort you were expecting

Email me!
Posted 29th Sep 2008 at 03:41
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
Right, the engine is in, lined up and the sequential box and shafts are in, the sump on an M5 is a right bas**rd, took a hell of a lot of head scratching to work out how to get the propshaft through!

Just got to finish up making a new backplate and clutch housing and the initial part of the transmission is fixed then so we can bolt it all down and build the rest of the car around it.

The flywheel/clutch assembly on an M5 weighs a barely believable 24.5 kilos, and is 320mm across, a hell of a lot of momentum!
So I've made a new one that weighs 5 kilos and is 175mm across LOL Ninja
Should pick up a wee bit quicker...
Will upload a couple of pictures later.

Finally convinced Mark to take those bloody stickers off his car - although I think they must have been weighing the car down, as seems to float now:

Looks better with the roof scoop on at last too:

Still damned ugly at the back though.

Email me!
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 03:33
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
How's this for a nice, light flywheel?

More like an anti-tank mine.

New one:

Email me!
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 16:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #38
Laugh my ass off

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 16:53
Welly Forum Admin

Post #39
WHAT!!!
Hows that going to hold all the power tranfer when the old one is twice the size!

Life is a lie. The only certainty of which is death. Go live and enjoy yourself. The clock is ticking

Vrs power!!
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 16:58
sacko_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
LOL

Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 17:01
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Welly wrote:
WHAT!!!
Hows that going to hold all the power tranfer when the old one is twice the size!

LOL

Ninja

Email me!
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 17:11
Welly Forum Admin

Post #42
phillipm wrote:
Welly wrote:
WHAT!!!

LOL

Ninja

I know the top fuel dragsters use a hydrolic ram to hold 8k BHP. Anything along those lines?

Life is a lie. The only certainty of which is death. Go live and enjoy yourself. The clock is ticking

Vrs power!!
Posted 12th Nov 2008 at 17:13
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
Very heavy duty spring pack with a servo'd pedal ('cause unlike a track car, we have to sit in traffic!), new piece of kit from Tilton, supposed to be good for 650lbft on a 5.5" flywheel, with 3 cerametalic plates.

Bearing in mind the old 206 had 300lbft through a 5.5" clutch pack, and there's a supercharged one with 420lbft on a twin plate 5.5", standard cover. Dunno

Soon find out LOL

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:04
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
Oh, and we've won the British championship with that red 206 of Kershaw's again, with an event to spare...Thumbs up

Email me!
Posted 13th Nov 2008 at 23:20
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
Milled the new rear diff up today, forgot to take a photo though Doh
Acts as a stressed member (as does the engine block), with the rear suspension connected directly to the casing, quite tidy if I do say so myself Razz

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2008 at 06:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
Right, finally managed to sell the Fouquet at the French event last week (it coming second in class helped!), so back on with this in earnest after sorting the workshop in the next month or so.

Couple of pics. from France:

Mark missing his front bumper yet again, god knows how he manages it.

Good riddance ya wee French heap Wave

Be a couple of months before the official video from the event as we don't get it until after broadcasting, but a couple of good ones from this year anyway (I.E. only) :

Clicky

The top one is a decent onboard one.
Some of the others are interviews, etc, but Video Labourd 1&2 both have some hilarous Doh moments.

Email me!
Posted 6th Dec 2008 at 03:57
sooty

Regular

Post #47
What class do these typically enter? I crew on the BRC and sadly don't see any specials anymore... Won't be long before Andy Burton gets excluded due to the tightening rules either.

Team 355mm™

Team: Breaking 306s, ask for anything you need!

Team: Looks like a 6, stops like a 6, corners like a 6... But doesn't go like a 6. Unsure
Posted 7th Dec 2008 at 19:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
To be honest we don't run in the british championships anymore, they've died from regulations, it's like watching paint dry, but the customer cars still do the BCCC and AWDC off-road stuff.

Email me!
Posted 7th Dec 2008 at 19:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
It is a bit rough out there though, with over 30 retirees, this one was the worst from Castan jnr. though, how they both walked away from this I don't know, 120mph roll down the track and into a tree, very lucky boy in that it swiped the back end off the car instead of hitting the cab.
Bit worse than the normal "Eeeerrrmm, Dad, I've bumped your car...."

Email me!
Posted 8th Dec 2008 at 05:27
Welly Forum Admin

Post #50
SHIT!! Testament to how well built they are though

Vrs power!!
Posted 11th Dec 2008 at 05:55

Pages (5): 1 [2] 3 .. last