displaying posts 1 to 25 of 102

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: Rally car.
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Well, we've built one in the new body (I'm not happy with back end myself, think it'll get changed on the next one), so I thought I'd stick a quick photo up, yet another project which has nothing to do with 306's LOL

Can't give you the 'proper' version as the customer hasn't picked it up yet so I'll leave the proper pictures until he's had chance to show it everyone.

Anyway, as there is now one in the wild as it were, I'll be documenting the next car build, which should take the next 3 months or so.

Anyhow:

(Yes, I know, should have used Xsara washer jets...)

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 19th Jul 2008 at 04:02
puglover Banned!

Post #2
how much does that thing cost?
Posted 19th Jul 2008 at 04:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Depends on the specification and how much of it you want built up - anywhere from 5k to 100k.

That particular one was ~55k for a fully built, turnkey car.

That's the one that was in the back room when you came down, don't know if you saw it?
The one in the front half was

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 20th Jul 2008 at 18:42
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Part of the cost on this one can be attributed to a lot of carbon panelling though, you could save about 2 grand having them in ally.

Fingerprints are free Ninja

Email me!
Posted 19th Jul 2008 at 05:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Wants a bit more power really, but we'll solve that with the next two Devil
It's now taxed, insured, and fully road legal Ninja

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:00
mugen_power

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Cool That has got to be so much fun.

rikky wrote:
there are no pictures of breasts or meatwallets anywhere so it is bringing nothing to the table, so to speak
Posted 20th Jul 2008 at 07:20
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Just a bit, apologies for the quality of this one, phone camera is seriously shite:

Email me!
Posted 20th Jul 2008 at 07:47
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Another one, just to upset Pete's run on the homepage Razz

Email me!
Posted 20th Jul 2008 at 08:12
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Cockpit:

Email me!
Posted 20th Jul 2008 at 08:38
platty30

Post #10
Love the carbon dash....also the headlights look suspiciously like Mondeo items Shifty

Project Status: Stripping the Xsara VTS
Posted 22nd Jul 2008 at 16:16
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Afraid not, cibie spotlights in a tweaked 206 shell

Email me!
Posted 23rd Jul 2008 at 00:13
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Looks fapping mental!

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 06:32
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
This is the slow one LOL

Email me!
Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 06:34
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
LOL Do you make the sequential gearboxes for them?

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 06:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
This one had a Sadev but the top-spec cars used to have our gearbox in, easier to just buy a Sadev these days though, now they do on with a transfer box in.

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:00
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Do you use the same engine in all of them just with different mods or do you have some beast of an engine in the others Devil

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 06:39
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Depends on where the customer is racing but it's usually a 3.5 V6 on bodies in various states of tune, but the one before this had a 4.0L supercharged V8, the next one is having a 360bhp 2.0L turbo for regulation sake, the one after that is going to be our demo car, to replace This with somewhere north of 600bhp.

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:01
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
phillipm wrote:
the one after that is going to be our demo car with somewhere north of 700bhp.

Blink I want a go LOL

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 06:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
So do I! LOL

Email me!
Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 06:45
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
i'd like a go cos it looks like it wouldnt break to easy and i am the king of breaking things, usually the most expensive part on any motor aswell. my best breakage to date was an A25 dumptruck, i lost the back end whilst tipping in wet sand and the buck twisted and rolled down the hill. dont know how much it cost but they had a guy working on it for a week and closely followed the next week by blowing the turbo on the same truck, the whole of the oil flew out the exhaust and then royally blew the engine up.......final bill in excess of

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 14th Aug 2008 at 22:15
sacko_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
gtisid wrote:
i'd like a go cos it looks like it wouldnt break to easy and i am the king of breaking things, usually the most expensive part on any motor aswell. my best breakage to date was an A25 dumptruck, i lost the back end whilst tipping in wet sand and the buck twisted and rolled down the hill. dont know how much it cost but they had a guy working on it for a week and closely followed the next week by blowing the turbo on the same truck, the whole of the oil flew out the exhaust and then royally blew the engine up.......final bill in excess of

Build Date - 30 September 1997 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Posted 14th Aug 2008 at 22:24
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
phillipm wrote:
with somewhere north of 700bhp.

Consider the one on topic is "slow" that 700bhp one will be mental Ninja

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 14th Aug 2008 at 22:59
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
It'll be on the limit of it's drivetrain past 600bhp, so it might have a 'gtisid' moment LOL

Email me!
Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 16:01
pugjim

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
these look mental i wanna come round n see one some day. Big grin
Posted 16th Aug 2008 at 02:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
Any time you like Thumbs up
Although that car's gone to the customer now, Guy might fire you the Fouquet up though.

Or have a go in the buggy once I've done the brakes Big grin

Have to have a nosey around your new beastie anyway, haven't seen it yet!

Email me!
Posted 16th Aug 2008 at 02:51

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last