displaying posts 51 to 69 of 69

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: Carl (mechanicalrepairs)
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
Has anyone got a link to it? Best tag on a reply so it doesn't get deleted.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 19:43
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
I dont think its there anymore,

I do however have the post!

tonto wrote:

Speeding:

not interesed in speeding, it ruins your car, puts lives in danger. However i was driving along dual carrageway when I saw a parked up traffic patrol car appear, thinking im in a 40 doing 52 was he going to do me. As i approached a roundabout a dog appeared so I stayed in left lane when looked in mirror saw blue flashing lights but had no headlaps on only the blues. Ii pulled over to let it past wishfull thinking but it pulled up behind me

Bearing in mind my front two windows were 5% visabilaty and although people couldnt see in, i couldnt see out tbh and no wonder there ilegal and should be, they are dangerous.

I got out my car and said to the officer do you realise you have no lights on lol I also asked if he saw the dog but said he never when he should have.

Said doing 52 in a 30 zone producing a machine stating 52mph.

One thing a police officer has the power to use and thats his discretion and always remind the officer.

This guy was after me that much he forgot to turn on his lights and came after me the dog was not noticed because his eyes were on me.

Gave me a pink think 28 days to pay fixed penalty.

Now got court papers through, the distance from where patrol had been parked it was 0.2 of a mile where i pulled over. The road has a small white sign that read reduced speed limit now 30mph facing allong the road so it cant be seen.

Im thinking going not guilty and requesting the video that is always on record, to be produced.

I also have taken photos of the road and the white signes.

Remembering I had just came of the A1M and the machine showing 52mph is not one thats stated on the form of detection, instead he wrote it. Rarther strange activity.

I have drove for 30 years without a speeding offence, surley the reasnoble punishment using his discretion, could have also been a verbal warning.

In court with the video footage showing no lights and a dog
followed up with photos saying new reduced speed limit 30mph.

I dont think i was doing 52 in a 30 as I say i dont race other cars or speed

i shall be found not guilty on 27 Sept

we shall see

I have no real idea what he was on about with that dog! LOL

quote:
One thing a police officer has the power to use and thats his discretion and always remind the officer.

Also that's the stupidest line in the world.

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 8th May 2013 at 19:52
allyrennie

Senior User

Post #53
jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
6waysforward wrote:
It could be worse.....

Carl touched me inappropriately Sad

I wasn't aware of Carl's past employment at the BBC...

Just to clarify, this is Carl, not Kevin Webster........................

Ok, he won't touch anything over 10 years old either but in a totally different way...............

Rules and tools of life:-
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape

Team Roofrack.........
Posted 8th May 2013 at 19:53
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
Stupid f**king auto-deletion of threads, good call on saving that gem LOL

Posted 8th May 2013 at 19:56
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
I've also have your discussion regarding when you think it is acceptable to p**s your pants.

Expect to see it revived in 2015. Thumbs up

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 8th May 2013 at 20:00
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
My views are clear, that thread should probably be stickied, if you'll excuse the phrase.

Posted 8th May 2013 at 20:02
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
sharvey44 wrote:
I love lamp.

Off topic but i think i saw you on the north circular about 2 - 3 weeks ago?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 8th May 2013 at 20:04
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
owain wrote:
My views are clear, that thread should probably be stickied, if you'll excuse the phrase.

Oh dear... LOL

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 8th May 2013 at 20:07
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Thing is when you own a car and drive it you are most likely to know its problems by the cars feel etc. So when you want to sell it you know what needs doing. For me even if i had 100 cars for sale i would still check each one over before a sale.

Its very silly bringing this up now, how long does it take to get over something minor like this?

Although things can get missed and as Carl wasnt told why the fook are you posting this thread. Its not so much the issues its how they are handled as Carl tries to and you have not handled it like you should imo.

Carl has always put the effort in ime, sometimes doing extras like engine cleaning etc which i like, shows pride in his work etc.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 8th May 2013 at 21:09
maybe

Regular

Post #60
dendle89 wrote:
So this thread is designed not to bash Carl and this is not personal, I am merely pointing out the facts of my dealings with Carl aka Mechanical repairs.

So it was a few years back that i bought a 306 rallye with a v6 transplant this was sold as mint and asked for a mint price (which i gave no quibble).
I went to view the car listened to advice and good feedback about carl and handed over a deposit even without driving the car (I had no reason not to trust him), so a few weeks later i picked up the car from Leicester and handed over the full amount and was an easy transaction for him and me (apart from waiting a few weeks for carl to make the car available to me) so i drove away about 5 mins through an alien town i broke down (no petrol) i tried ringing with no answer not even a call back, so i asked locals and walked to the petrol station to get petrol.

The car drove fine up until i got to Cardiff and stuck in traffic the car overheated so again tried ringing (no answer or call back) so the car had overheating issues which makes the car un-road worthy and useless to me.

So few more days passed and ever few days after parking the car up for the night the battery would drain (the reason behind leev6 bashing the car) so this problem was still there.

A few weeks passed and the front brake callipers seized causing the callipers to be rebuilt, also the garage couldn’t sort the overheating issue out and at that time i had no/little mechanical knowledge.

The car was sold to me under the intensions that i had a “full” respray and trusted him and believed him without asking for proof and a few members on here and me believe strongly that it was only a few panels that got sprayed, also the exhaust system he installed was rusted and the backbox fell off within a few weeks.

Then in my final drive in the car the clutch died not knowing at the time but now im aware it was the clutch slave cylinder. Also when pugplus bought the car he inspected the car much more than me and was shocked with the repairs and has now rectified the problems. But I didn’t throw my toys out the pram I put it down to poor judgement and took alot of life skills from this but it cost me £2000+.

Now I know recently I have let myself down by not giving carl a small fee of £20 for repairs on the T.D which I was unaware of, but feelings are still raw towards carl. I have offered to send the money and even a full refund as i can repair the wheel myself, Now I know carl has a good following but i think its healthy for the forum to see another side of this business man, again im embarrassed the way i acted recently but we all do silly things when emotion is high.

Do you have alzheimer's? It's a proven fact you can remember things from years ago but forget the here and now.

I put this all down to alzheimer's, at the time you forgot to ask Carl about the problems but now it's been a few years "it's all coming back to me now"!

Did you even forget who and where you bought it from until his name on the bank transfer for the wheels bought it all back to you?

braymond wrote:
I'm prone to a hemorrhoidal myself actually! Words can't quite describe that moment a suppository is 'accepted'...

Regards the piles, I love it when they come back. Only time the misses willingly sticks a finger up my arse.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:22
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
I think this thread should be locked, assuming thats fine with the OP.

He's said his piece, carl has said his.

All i can see is bashing from here on in.

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:24
maybe

Regular

Post #62
pebbles167 wrote:
I think this thread should be locked, assuming thats fine with the OP.

He's said his piece, carl has said his.

All i can see is bashing from here on in.

Very diplomatic Nick Clegg
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:26
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
Why thankyou.

Unfortunately I didn't do as well in the local elections as was hoped. Sad

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:29
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
I'm not sure if there have been enough jokes about piles or what Carl may or may not have touched. Maybe. Just maybe

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:34
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
You did better from the look of their results lol.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:35
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
How does Carl get the young'uns into his car without touching them?

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:39
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
beez_neez_gt wrote:
You did better from the look of their results lol.

Haha, I think you are right there. LOL

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:40
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #68
And where did you find that post pebbles? Whistle

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:45
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #69
I think this thread has gone far enough, I'm going to lock this now as I think Jack and Carl have both had their say and really I see no benefit to anyone to let it continue. Thumbs up

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:50

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

This thread has been locked