displaying posts 76 to 100 of 373

Pages (15): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: 195 BHP STANDARD ENGINE
b11 bob Banned!

Post #76
eliotrw wrote:
ryangti6 wrote:
I'm laughing at how pathetic and pedantic some members on this forum still continue to be.

Instead of having a good discussion about the engine in question or answer his question like Ash and 1 or 2 others did certain people have to drag it into an argument about the wording of his thread and of what is standard and not. Ok have a joke but surely all the "intellectual's" could work out what he meant and 2 pages of dribble could of been avoided.

It's quite obvious a good few members have a problem with Bob but this thread is stupid Imo. All he had to say was "these mods in an otherwise standard engine" then the nit pickers couldn't moan. It's no wonder a lot of members don't bother posting Tbh when the simple wording of a thread turns into nonsense like this.

Also I don't think admins should be passing judgement and adding to it just because they also seem to have a personal problem with Bob. Tidying the thread and telling people to keep the discussion on topic would of been much more appropriate Imo.

I know what you mean, I have him the answers as I gave him stick though.Smile

Bob its not difficult to get what you mean. It just seems strange to worry souch about changing pistons etc? Surely you must have with that power at only 7.4k?
But yeah those mods should see that power easy.
Personally when it comes to giving the engine more shove. Likely next year.
I will be going low boost or 2.1, but I'm thinking most likely low boost tbh.
Depends on how much low boost will cost you i think turbo is the only way corward low boost or even high boost can only give 450 to 500 bhp turbo like whst birks doing 600 plus bhp is the one

205 GTI6 235 bhp at 7400 rpm
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:03
b11 bob Banned!

Post #77
midlife wrote:
I think I'm doing really well, I'm not going to comment on anything Blob is saying!

Cool

Edit, bring back TC.....
Fear of a ovely aggresive person usually makes uou speechless

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:05
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #78
TC FTW!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:05
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #79
b11 bob wrote:
ryangti6 wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

should have rephrased to a standard engine with uprated cams instead of standard with cams lol

You should of but it wasn't exactly hard to understand what you meant, just people trying to be clever.

To answer your question anyway I'd say yes it's possible that they achieved those figures with the modifications you mentioned.

Theres a lot of CLEVER folk on here lolAnyway if you can get 195 by essentially by just fitting a pair of cams and manifold what do you think you could get if pug1off added throttle bodies to the above ?

I would imagine Bob you'd be looking at around 215-220bhp if bodies were added. Yes

What is your current spec running 235bhp mate? Dunno

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:26
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #80
stan_306gti6 wrote:
b11 bob wrote:
ryangti6 wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

should have rephrased to a standard engine with uprated cams instead of standard with cams lol

You should of but it wasn't exactly hard to understand what you meant, just people trying to be clever.

To answer your question anyway I'd say yes it's possible that they achieved those figures with the modifications you mentioned.

Theres a lot of CLEVER folk on here lolAnyway if you can get 195 by essentially by just fitting a pair of cams and manifold what do you think you could get if pug1off added throttle bodies to the above ?

I would imagine Bob you'd be looking at around 215-220bhp if bodies were added. Yes

What is your current spec running 235bhp mate? Dunno

Two magic trees and back seats folded down mate. Thumbs up

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:31
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #81
"Standard" apparently Stan Laugh my ass off

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:31
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #82
welshpug! wrote:
"Standard" apparently Stan Laugh my ass off

Blink LOL

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:33
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #83
Bob - If your engine is already producing 235bhp, I don't think any N/A tuning option that Pug1off can offer will be of benefit to you.

After all, if your figures are genuine then you have a pretty highly tuned N/A lump and would struggle to better it. Yes

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:36
playboyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #84
Turn it in mate...

306 1.8 xs moonstone blue-SOLD
306 gti6 supercharged china blue-SOLD
406 coupe D9 3.0 V6-SOLD

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:53
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #85
playboyb wrote:
Turn it in mate...

Eh? Confused

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:54
b11 bob Banned!

Post #86
ryangti6 wrote:
I'm laughing at how pathetic and pedantic some members on this forum still continue to be.

Instead of having a good discussion about the engine in question or answer his question like Ash and 1 or 2 others did certain people have to drag it into an argument about the wording of his thread and of what is standard and not. Ok have a joke but surely all the "intellectual's" could work out what he meant and 2 pages of dribble could of been avoided.

It's quite obvious a good few members have a problem with Bob but this thread is stupid Imo. All he had to say was "these mods in an otherwise standard engine" then the nit pickers couldn't moan. It's no wonder a lot of members don't bother posting Tbh when the simple wording of a thread turns into nonsense like this.

Also I don't think admins should be passing judgement and adding to it just because they also seem to have a personal problem with Bob. Tidying the thread and telling people to keep the discussion on topic would of been much more appropriate Imo.

At last someone on this forum that has a bit of interllect i could not agree with you more this forum is what we members make it and by avoiding personal issues we should stick to the thread topic.Stan i know i have said this to you before you being admin should know better and lead by example if you have a personal issue with me then we can sort it out like Gents without using the forum as a means of airing our views when they are clearly not thread related my Pm does work Sorry for going off topic i sincely hope this puts the above behind us now so we can all contribute to pushing this forum in the right direction.

Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 03:37
b11 bob Banned!

Post #87
ryangti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:

I don't know anything about Chip Wizards,never seen/been in a car they have worked on,so why would I comment about them?Roll eyes

I'm talking tuning companys in general.

I don't know anyone/never dealt with pug1off,all I stated is what I've seen.

I have dealt with Pugplus though,so clearly know how he works.Thumbs up

This was my point, if you personally have no experience of either why will you comment and speculate that pug1off will have added 10 Bhp but not that chip wizards will have done the same.

What I was saying is that if Chip wizard figures are true then surely these pug1off claims cant be far off with more work done? I was asking your opinion on that as personally I've always thought the 190 Bhp claims from PT81's fitted to be optimistic and that is from seeing a car with them fitted and mapped by Wayne. I know there are companies out there that do it and wanted to know what you would have to say looking at it that way.

We dont need to argue about Pugplus anymore, he's gone now and I very much doubt he'll be back, you all hate him and I'm still mates with him, life goes on.

The bottom line in this is simple pug1off has done the 1/4 mile in 11.2 secounds in a 205 i have not heard of any other tuner or another peugeot be it supercharged 450 plus bhp turbo etc beat his time so you got to give pug1off credit where its due.
However and this is going out to all tuners in general i personally would never take my car to any tuner especially with the prices they charge.Wherever possible i will try to do it myself and you have to take some of their power claims with a pinch of salt especially when after they have done your car and when it dosnt make the power you paid them to make they say its not their fault because your engine was worn etc
Then on the flip side of it is when you tell them like i do i got 213 bhp whilst running on carbs and dizzy adaptor on a standard engine they say it can never be done its imposible however if they done it then its because they are experts and their technical expertise has allowed them to do it and if you give them 1000's of pounds they can do it for you etc .
Its all about the money and all they want off you is your money they all sound like nice people when they want your money but the moment anything goes wroung they will always say its not their fault your engine was no good etc.
Regards engine mapping for cars with throttle bodies i personally think no one ever maps them if they did map to your individual engine it would take them days to do yet its usually done in come back it 4 hours and it will be done 5 mins later they download the map of a gti6 with throttle bodies they done before that made 190 to 200 bhp depending on which tuner you go to and charge you for hours of mapping give you your print out and away you go telling every man and his dog what a legend your tuner is because he gave you around 200 bhp Then you take it to another rolling road and it makes less power than your tuners who then says the rollers you took it to was out what a merry go round.
Going back to pug1off i have spoken to Mat on many occasions and cant slag him off because he has not done anything to me or anyone i know personally and i actually rate him simply because he has done the 1/4 mile in 11.2 secs no con figuers video is on youtube.

Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 04:24
b11 bob Banned!

Post #88
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Bob - If your engine is already producing 235bhp, I don't think any N/A tuning option that Pug1off can offer will be of benefit to you.

After all, if your figures are genuine then you have a pretty highly tuned N/A lump and would struggle to better it. Yes

Young Stan I agree any N/A Tuning option from pug1off or any other tuner would not be off benifit to me especially now that i have made some more mods to my highly tuned N/A lump i estimate that once i have it set up on the rollers again i should be on 250 bhp plus.
So basing my 0 to 60 time on pug1off's scale of estimate if he does 0 to 60 in 5.5 secs in 3 gear changes due to his gearing and 195 bhp i should be doing 0 to 60 in 3.9 secs due to having to do 1 less gear change and having 50 bhp plus more.So if you are running 454.1 bhp in your car Stan you then should be doing 0 to 60 in sub 2.2 secs acording to either evo mags estimate calculator or pug1off's unless the rollers you got your car tuned on are not as accurate or have not been calibarated like the ones pug1off,s were when he made 195 bhp at 7400 rpm lol

Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 05:23
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #89
b11 bob wrote:
Young Stan I agree any N/A Tuning option from pug1off or any other tuner would not be off benifit to me especially now that i have made some more mods to my highly tuned N/A lump i estimate that once i have it set up on the rollers again i should be on 250 bhp plus.

What mods have you done to achieve that mate? It is very impressive if that's a genuine figure. Cool

b11 bob wrote:
So basing my 0 to 60 time on pug1off's scale of estimate if he does 0 to 60 in 5.5 secs in 3 gear changes due to his gearing and 195 bhp i should be doing 0 to 60 in 3.9 secs due to having to do 1 less gear change and having 50 bhp plus more.So if you are running 454.1 bhp in your car Stan you then should be doing 0 to 60 in sub 2.2 secs acording to either evo mags estimate calculator or pug1off's unless the rollers you got your car tuned on are not as accurate or have not been calibarated like the ones pug1off,s were when he made 195 bhp at 7400 rpm lol

I couldn't tell you what my 0-60 time is or quarter mile as I haven't measured it. It's quick for sure, but how quick I honestly don't know. LOL

Plus, the car has standard gear ratios and final drive so it isn't really made for drag racing. Fast road/track is where its potential is. Yes

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 07:13
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
Blobby, you claim to have 235 bhp from a STD engine with carbs & a dizzy, now your saying 213 bhp.
Most of us have experience of tuning this engine so we are obviously sceptical of your claims, fueled by your complete reluctance to tell us what you've done to your engine or provide a RR power plot & your poor spelling, is it unfair for us to think you're just deluded?

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 07:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #91
b11 bob wrote:

Laugh my ass off

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:00
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #92
it's true, I heard him and jimmy hackers was working on a new
Project.........

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:09
b11 bob Banned!

Post #93
midlife wrote:
Blobby, you claim to have 235 bhp from a STD engine with carbs & a dizzy, now your saying 213 bhp.
Most of us have experience of tuning this engine so we are obviously sceptical of your claims, fueled by your complete reluctance to tell us what you've done to your engine or provide a RR power plot & your poor spelling, is it unfair for us to think you're just deluded?

Cool

Yes i would agree with you when you put it like that 213 bhp was from my standard engine 235bhp well 242 detuned to run at 235 bhp was from my last rolling road figuers.Now that i have made some more mods i will have 250 bhp plus.As regards my complete reluctance to tell anyone on here what i have done to achive this much power or provide RR power plot like i said its never going to be put it up on here or will i reveal my mods.I am seriously considering marketing my mods and selling them as a tuning upgrade well if pug1off is asking for 1000,s to get 195 bhp i could offer 235 bhp for less than hes price and make silly money.
Im sure you said you would not comment i guess i must bring out the best in you lol Whats up you not finding me overly aggresive now ?Or you been taking testostorone supplyments or maybe your sensitivity side has taken a back seat.Considering you call yourself midlife maybe you going through a mid life crisis ?But then again your behavior suggest your a little kid so the latter may not be the case appogies for the spelling some of my posts are via mobile phone so that is why some of the spelling is terrible but even the ones i post from my laptop are not perfect but then again not everyones posts are.Anyway you have a nice day with your new found courage .

Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:09
rikky 🦔

Post #94
b11 bob must know something that nobody else in the engine tuning/building game knows

every time i see you mention this 235 engine i want to eat your hands so you can can't keep going on about it

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:15
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #95
Stop. Feeding. Troll.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:20
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #96
For that power so low down you would need more displacement surely?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:22
b11 bob Banned!

Post #97
stan_306gti6 wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

What mods have you done to achieve that mate? It is very impressive if that's a genuine figure. Cool

b11 bob wrote:

I couldn't tell you what my 0-60 time is or quarter mile as I haven't measured it. It's quick for sure, but how quick I honestly don't know. LOL

Plus, the car has standard gear ratios and final drive so it isn't really made for drag racing. Fast road/track is where its potential is. Yes
I think you would do a 0 to 60 time in under 5 secs maybe less providing you get a perfect launch due to you having a standard box you will do it in 2 gear changes so the box wont really effect your time regards 1/4 mile your box will be your downfall due to its gearing you will need 4 to 5 gear changes and every time you change it adds around a secound each change so i would say 13 secounds for your 1/4 mile time .However your car in midrange must be awsome with all that power on tap.Sorry Stan but im not revealing my mods on here at all this is largely to do with the fact that i am now considering selling my mods as a tuning package if the likes of pug1off can ask for 3000 for 195 and bolt on low boost superchargers sell for over 2000 I could charge simuliar amounts and make money so in essence revealing my mods could cost me potencially thousands lol after all we are in a resession lol

Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:29
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #98
b11 bob wrote:
midlife wrote:

Cool

Yes i would agree with you when you put it like that 213 bhp was from my standard engine 235bhp well 242 detuned to run at 235 bhp was from my last rolling road figuers.Now that i have made some more mods i will have 250 bhp plus.As regards my complete reluctance to tell anyone on here what i have done to achive this much power or provide RR power plot like i said its never going to be put it up on here or will i reveal my mods.I am seriously considering marketing my mods and selling them as a tuning upgrade well if pug1off is asking for 1000,s to get 195 bhp i could offer 235 bhp for less than hes price and make silly money.
Im sure you said you would not comment i guess i must bring out the best in you lol Whats up you not finding me overly aggresive now ?Or you been taking testostorone supplyments or maybe your sensitivity side has taken a back seat.Considering you call yourself midlife maybe you going through a mid life crisis ?But then again your behavior suggest your a little kid so the latter may not be the case appogies for the spelling some of my posts are via mobile phone so that is why some of the spelling is terrible but even the ones i post from my laptop are not perfect but then again not everyones posts are.Anyway you have a nice day with your new found courage .

Bob - Midlife has been here a lot longer than you and has a lot more respect on this forum than you, so in my opinion it is foolish to go around publicly bad mouthing him.

He is a good bloke who knows his onions when it comes to these cars as do quite a few of us here and its because of this that you will get questioned on what exactly you've done that's so different from anybody else to gain so much power, its only natural. A lot of the forum members have met Midlife including myself on more than occasion and found nothing but a pleasant helpful individual.

On the other hand your only fan here appears to be Ryangti6 and he is mates with Pugplus so that doesn't even really hold water.

If you wish to alienate yourself on here then you carry on, but I can assure you that the old skool members will not be pushed around by a relatively new guy who joins, boasts about his mods but refuses to tell anyone what they are. It's a discussion forum, if you're not willing to discuss them then your at the wrong place. Yes

This is a community, please join in and positively add to it or shut the door on your way out please. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:31
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
Sorry Bob but you will not be able to sell a tuning package to get 235bhp. I know for a fact people will not be willing to stump up the cash if they dont know what they will be getting Yes

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:31
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #100
Are you a complete idiot?

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 30th Apr 2012 at 12:35

Pages (15): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last