Pages (15): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: 195 BHP STANDARD ENGINE
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #51
b11 bob wrote:
welshpug! wrote:
Crack on Stan, you have the power LOL

He has 454.1bhp so he certainly has the power on a modified engine.

going by your logic, its standard, after all he's on standard crank block head, even standard cams.

does have a supercharger mind LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 19:52
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
b11 bob wrote:

should have rephrased to a standard engine with uprated cams instead of standard with cams lol

You should of but it wasn't exactly hard to understand what you meant, just people trying to be clever.

To answer your question anyway I'd say yes it's possible that they achieved those figures with the modifications you mentioned.

Ryan
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 19:56
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
welshpug! wrote:
b11 bob wrote:
welshpug! wrote:

going by your logic, its standard, after all he's on standard crank block head, even standard cams.

Pedantic mode on: he's on 86.5mm pistons so not standard block Thumbs up

Ryan
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 19:58
b11 bob Banned!

Post #54
woody. wrote:
Bob, so your saying that it would need bore or piston work, THEN it's a modified engine? I think you're confusing yourself mate Dunno

Thats exactly what i would call a modified engine rebore, piston,conrod etc standard is original spec or in this case standard with uprated/modified cams the rest of it is just bolt on parts with minor mods.Even these bolt on supercharger engines are standard with bolt on supercharger unless they are running serious power like Stans etc which then makes them modified engines due to uprated internals rebore,pistons etc

205 GTI6 235 bhp at 7400 rpm
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 19:59
b11 bob Banned!

Post #55
ryangti6 wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

should have rephrased to a standard engine with uprated cams instead of standard with cams lol

You should of but it wasn't exactly hard to understand what you meant, just people trying to be clever.

To answer your question anyway I'd say yes it's possible that they achieved those figures with the modifications you mentioned.

Theres a lot of CLEVER folk on here lolAnyway if you can get 195 by essentially by just fitting a pair of cams and manifold what do you think you could get if pug1off added throttle bodies to the above ?

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:03
b11 bob Banned!

Post #56
ryangti6 wrote:
welshpug! wrote:
b11 bob wrote:
welshpug! wrote:

Pedantic mode on: he's on 86.5mm pistons so not standard block Thumbs up
What size are standard pistons?

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:04
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #57

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:05
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
It's impossible to guess really especially without knowing what cams they are etc, it would be worth a phone call to Matt to get a good answer, he seems a very helpfull guy and no doubt will have tried it.

Ryan
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:06
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Look here, http://www.catcams.co.uk/acatalog/Latest_News.html

Quaife, I rather have a tea pot thank you for what use they are

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:09
b11 bob Banned!

Post #60
ryangti6 wrote:
It's impossible to guess really especially without knowing what cams they are etc, it would be worth a phone call to Matt to get a good answer, he seems a very helpfull guy and no doubt will have tried it.

I recon it will be at least 220 to 230bhp plus if fitted to throttle bodies.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:09
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
b11 bob wrote:
Anyway if you can get 195 by essentially by just fitting a pair of cams and manifold what do you think you could get if pug1off added throttle bodies to the above ?

you need to remember this is the tuning companys car,so it will prob have 10bhp added to the real RR figure to help with sales!!!!Yes

If you had yours done it would prob come back with less than the quoted power due to 'engine wear etc'Roll eyes

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:12
dav1

Regular

Post #62
Quafie are perfectly good for road and track maybee not rallying.

230bhp 205 gti6
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:16
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
coskev wrote:
b11 bob wrote:
Anyway if you can get 195 by essentially by just fitting a pair of cams and manifold what do you think you could get if pug1off added throttle bodies to the above ?

you need to remember this is the tuning companys car,so it will prob have 10bhp added to the real RR figure to help with sales!!!!Yes

I don't understand why people always assume this to be the case, yes I can see the logic as it would be in their interests to talk it up a bit but if all the cars that supposedly make 190+Bhp with PT81's and a chipwizards remap are right why in this case is it that hard to believe that with a manifold, tb mod, cams and a remap it wouldn't make a few Bhp more?

Is it a simple case as per normal that you don't rate pug1off or would you be sceptical regarding the other claimed figures aswell?

Ryan
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:22
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
ryangti6 wrote:
I'm laughing at how pathetic and pedantic some members on this forum still continue to be.

Instead of having a good discussion about the engine in question or answer his question like Ash and 1 or 2 others did certain people have to drag it into an argument about the wording of his thread and of what is standard and not. Ok have a joke but surely all the "intellectual's" could work out what he meant and 2 pages of dribble could of been avoided.

It's quite obvious a good few members have a problem with Bob but this thread is stupid Imo. All he had to say was "these mods in an otherwise standard engine" then the nit pickers couldn't moan. It's no wonder a lot of members don't bother posting Tbh when the simple wording of a thread turns into nonsense like this.

Also I don't think admins should be passing judgement and adding to it just because they also seem to have a personal problem with Bob. Tidying the thread and telling people to keep the discussion on topic would of been much more appropriate Imo.

I know what you mean, I have him the answers as I gave him stick though.Smile

Bob its not difficult to get what you mean. It just seems strange to worry souch about changing pistons etc? Surely you must have with that power at only 7.4k?
But yeah those mods should see that power easy.
Personally when it comes to giving the engine more shove. Likely next year.
I will be going low boost or 2.1, but I'm thinking most likely low boost tbh.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:27
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
ryangti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

I don't understand why people always assume this to be the case, yes I can see the logic as it would be in their interests to talk it up a bit but if all the cars that supposedly make 190+Bhp with PT81's and a chipwizards remap are right why in this case is it that hard to believe that with a manifold, tb mod, cams and a remap it wouldn't make a few Bhp more?

Is it a simple case as per normal that you don't rate pug1off or would you be sceptical regarding the other claimed figures aswell?

Seen plenty of tuners saying you get this and that,but low and behold customers cars NEVER make the same power as they were quoted they would when the car is dropped offRoll eyes

Not talking just Pug tuning.

You seem to like people that I think are not really that good TBH,you can't get any further up Pugplus's arse and hes useless at everything he does.

And pug1off are not someone I would give any of my hard earned too after seeing a Goodwood 309 they had converted to Gti6 power,if you were at Pugfest it was the one that the engine moved over so far going up the hill the aux belt touched the chassis rail which resulted in it chucking the cambelt off.............

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:29
dav1

Regular

Post #66
Who's sayings that's pug1offs fault broken engine mount, worn ,or just a mount fail . Plus the guy who had it done might not want the extra price of engine mounts. I've had a job done by a person every one rates really high on hear an the 205 forum. I since had the work redone due to dodgey wiring. You don't hear me slagging him. Ppl should only spk of there own personal experience not there mates you only get half a story.

230bhp 205 gti6
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:37
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
dav1 wrote:
Who's sayings that's pug1offs fault broken engine mount, worn ,or just a mount fail . Plus the guy who had it done might not want the extra price of engine mounts. I've had a job done by a person every one rates really high on hear an the 205 forum. I since had the work redone due to dodgey wiring. You don't hear me slagging him. Ppl should only spk of there own personal experience not there mates you only get half a story.

Wind your neck inRoll eyes

The Goodwood in question was just a shonky conversion,that the owner had paid a supposed prefessional company to do.

I looked at it and it looked like a DIY pretty rough conversion.

The engine was fitted onto the original 309 engine mounts,he was told by pug1off they would be fine.

Would you do a conversion like that and drop it on them?Roll eyes

No,exactly.

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:42
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
coskev wrote:
ryangti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

Seen plenty of tuners saying you get this and that,but low and behold customers cars NEVER make the same power as they were quoted they would when the car is dropped offRoll eyes

You seem to like people that I think are not really that good TBH,you can't get any further up Pugplus's arse and hes useless at everything he does.

And pug1off are not someone I would give any of my hard earned too after seeing a Goodwood 309 they had converted to Gti6 power,if you were at Pugfest it was the one that the engine moved over so far going up the hill the aux belt touched the chassis rail which resulted in it chucking the cambelt off.............

Ouch, I normally go to pugfest but can't recall that, it was probably one of the years I missed. I like pug1off on a level that Matt seems a tidy guy and all their cars seem to go well for what they have done. I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons to be honest and as with every company there will be good and bad stories, if every tuner that has a car go wrong is s**t then there are no good tuners anywhere in the world obviously.

I asked you a serious question about your comment but in return get a typical stupid comment about pugplus, yes I'm mates with Rich which strangely enough means I like him so I'm inclined to defend him when people unfairly criticise him, I've never stepped in on the many occasions he has deserved the comments he has got but that's a different conversation anyway. It says a lot about you though that you would rather drag the conversation down to that level Thumbs up

Funny you didnt mention the gti6 forum gods chip wizards though did you, you just generalised your comments about "plenty of tuners" and had another dig at pug1off as you clearly don't like them.

Ryan
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:43
b11 bob Banned!

Post #69
coskev wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

If you had yours done it would prob come back with less than the quoted power due to 'engine wear etc'Roll eyes
Could not have said it better myself

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:49
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
ryangti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
ryangti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
b11 bob wrote:

Ouch, I normally go to pugfest but can't recall that, it was probably one of the years I missed. I like pug1off on a level that Matt seems a tidy guy and all their cars seem to go well for what they have done. I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons to be honest and as with every company there will be good and bad stories, if every tuner that has a car go wrong is s**t then there are no good tuners anywhere in the world obviously.

I asked you a serious question about your comment but in return get a typical stupid comment about pugplus, yes I'm mates with Rich which strangely enough means I like him so I'm inclined to defend him when people unfairly criticise him, I've never stepped in on the many occasions he has deserved the comments he has got but that's a different conversation anyway. It says a lot about you though that you would rather drag the conversation down to that level Thumbs up

Funny you didnt mention the gti6 forum gods chip wizards though did you, you just generalised your comments about "plenty of tuners" and had another dig at pug1off as you clearly don't like them.

I don't know anything about Chip Wizards,never seen/been in a car they have worked on,so why would I comment about them?Roll eyes

I'm talking tuning companys in general.

I don't know anyone/never dealt with pug1off,all I stated is what I've seen.

I have dealt with Pugplus though,so clearly know how he works.Thumbs up

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 20:51
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
coskev wrote:

I don't know anything about Chip Wizards,never seen/been in a car they have worked on,so why would I comment about them?Roll eyes

I'm talking tuning companys in general.

I don't know anyone/never dealt with pug1off,all I stated is what I've seen.

I have dealt with Pugplus though,so clearly know how he works.Thumbs up

This was my point, if you personally have no experience of either why will you comment and speculate that pug1off will have added 10 Bhp but not that chip wizards will have done the same.

What I was saying is that if Chip wizard figures are true then surely these pug1off claims cant be far off with more work done? I was asking your opinion on that as personally I've always thought the 190 Bhp claims from PT81's fitted to be optimistic and that is from seeing a car with them fitted and mapped by Wayne. I know there are companies out there that do it and wanted to know what you would have to say looking at it that way.

We dont need to argue about Pugplus anymore, he's gone now and I very much doubt he'll be back, you all hate him and I'm still mates with him, life goes on.

Ryan
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 21:02
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
surely you cant say with this kit it will be 195 hp though as every engine is different, if i gave them money to do it i would exactly want 195 hp or more (free hp), then take it to another roller and do a power run simples, tbh the biggest problem on here is peoples egos which spoils the forum!!

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 21:07
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
You can't but it should make an easy 195 with those mods I reckon. and evo's tests are generally accurate.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 22:34
b11 bob Banned!

Post #74
fatlapit wrote:
surely you cant say with this kit it will be 195 hp though as every engine is different, if i gave them money to do it i would exactly want 195 hp or more (free hp), then take it to another roller and do a power run simples, tbh the biggest problem on here is peoples egos which spoils the forum!![/quotyoy are correct when you say peoples egos spoil this forum.To the point where they see themself's acting like kids as normal behaviour .

Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 22:54
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
I think I'm doing really well, I'm not going to comment on anything Blob is saying!

Cool

Edit, bring back TC.....

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 29th Apr 2012 at 23:01

Pages (15): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last