Seasoned Pro

Post #251
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
Great cars thereThumbs up

How does your 6 go compared to the Evo's etc on track?Wink

Not too bad some of them but the likes of my two mates who are 380bhp are just insane Cool

there was a white one i was having abit battle with for a few laps he came past, got him back on the next lap then he got me the lap after. then there was a silver one, dont know what was going on but didnt seem to be fast at all Thumbs down

Think i will get myself some slicks, bigger TB's soon. Car handles well and my brembos i could out brake just about anyone in my group, may just be because i have no fear tho LOL ABS was keep on kicking in on the same corner just about every lap what was making breaking hard bit a managed ok.

TidyThumbs up

Hoping for a safe 450-480bhp with my Evo,so should go pretty wellWink

All the weight saving you have done and you have still got the girly ABS fitted?!?!?!Roll eyes

I was thinking about keeping the abs but after yesterday i think its time to loose it. Is there a fuse i can temove to stop it working or domething?

Not sure soz,would think so.I know Cosworth owners with AP's etc fit a switch to turn it on/off manually for trackThumbs up

Get the lot binned,ECU,wiring,sensors,ABS unitYes

And just make up new pipes with a bias valve somewhereThumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 12th Jun 2012 at 21:13
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #252
coskev wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:

Not too bad some of them but the likes of my two mates who are 380bhp are just insane Cool

there was a white one i was having abit battle with for a few laps he came past, got him back on the next lap then he got me the lap after. then there was a silver one, dont know what was going on but didnt seem to be fast at all Thumbs down

Think i will get myself some slicks, bigger TB's soon. Car handles well and my brembos i could out brake just about anyone in my group, may just be because i have no fear tho LOL ABS was keep on kicking in on the same corner just about every lap what was making breaking hard bit a managed ok.

TidyThumbs up

All the weight saving you have done and you have still got the girly ABS fitted?!?!?!Roll eyes

I was thinking about keeping the abs but after yesterday i think its time to loose it. Is there a fuse i can temove to stop it working or domething?

Not sure soz,would think so.I know Cosworth owners with AP's etc fit a switch to turn it on/off manually for trackThumbs up

This is something i will be looking more into as i want to upgrade from the squeeling brembos. Sticking with the 15" wheels tho. I would run brake lines through the car just i dont like the look of copper pipe Sad

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 12th Jun 2012 at 21:49
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #253
Heres a video from my car at croft on sunday. Dont know what happened to the sound but never mind LOL

CROFT RSOC

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 02:59
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #254
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:

TidyThumbs up

This is something i will be looking more into as i want to upgrade from the squeeling brembos. Sticking with the 15" wheels tho. I would run brake lines through the car just i dont like the look of copper pipe Sad

Stop being a tart and get the ABS binned Cool

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 08:01
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #255
jeffers wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:
coskev wrote:

TidyThumbs up

Stop being a tart and get the ABS binned Cool

I will when the time comes. No real hurry at the minute tho. Willit be ok to get braded fuel lines made us dtraight from the master cylinder to each caliper or am i better off just using solid pipes?

Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 11:59
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #256
I'd personally use solid lines and run them along where the original lines used to run, with some braided lines somewhere along them for the bias valve.
I'd imagine using braided throughout would be pretty expensive.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 17:45
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #257
No i can get 100m of bradep pipe for £25 so probs enough to do a few cars. I thought running the lines through the car would be easyer to fit and acces the Bias valve

Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 19:01
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #258
I have solids on mine just a couple of braided bits which come up through the floor pan to the bias valve, then obviously braided lines for each caliper where needed.

Running mine under the car keeps them out of the way and safer in my opinion, plus i think it looks neater.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 19:21
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #259
Any pics of your set up?

Not sure on what calipers to go for? Gona get shot of the squeeling brembos

Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 19:35
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #260
eddy_gti6 wrote:
Heres a video from my car at croft on sunday. Dont know what happened to the sound but never mind LOL

CROFT RSOC

Have you got a short shift,gear change sounds really quick.
Is it damaging the disk/pads with all the squeaking ?

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 20:52
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #261
I have a GE shortshift fitted. Discs and pads are fine. All brembos from the 406 v6s squeel

Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 21:02
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #262
eddy_gti6 wrote:
I have a GE shortshift fitted. Discs and pads are fine. All brembos from the 406 v6s squeel

I ve heard story if you get droove/drilled disks they don t squek.Also did a quick search and found Delphi pads don t squeel maybe as they have a lower metal content ?.Maybe copper grease them Thumbs up

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 21:21
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #263
7057sam wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:

I ve heard story if you get droove/drilled disks they don t squek.Also did a quick search and found Delphi pads don t squeel maybe as they have a lower metal content ?.Maybe copper grease them Thumbs up

tarox discs needed

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 21:27
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #264
No real pics of my setup unfortunately, there may be the odd one in my project thread but none look at it in detail from memory.

I've got some AP racing 4-pots which i need to buy some rotors for and knock up some bells and adapters, may make that my winter project.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 22:19
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #265
hovis16 wrote:
7057sam wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:

tarox discs needed

Has it been tried and tested?

Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 22:23
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #266
yeah someone did it.....may be owain

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 22:52
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #267
If a set of discs and pads are going to cost a fortune to just stop it squeeling for a liffle while i would rather just get shot and go for some ap, willwoods or HIspec calipers. Less hassle as well.

Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 23:03
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #268
hmmmmm....interesting i love some brembo's,what sort of price do you have in mind.Pm it if you want Smile

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 23:28
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #269
Not be selling till i take the car off the road in september. No ide on a price just yet?

Posted 13th Jun 2012 at 23:39
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #270
Few new carbon bits turned up this week thanks to gnrlee Cool got them fitted the other day.

[IMG]http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq300/eddy_gti6/20120613_152242.jpg[/IMG

Also picked up a spare rear bumper to cut up for a rear diffuser so i dont have to cut mine up. Good thing about the spare is its astor so if it comes out good i could use it. Thanks Daver6 Thumbs up

second thing i am in the middle of making a new fascia as i have removed all the buttons and the clock from the bottom half of the fascia and going to block off the centre vents and fit some gauges in. Will be another job for gnrlee LOL

On the look out for a spare set of wheels, thinking of some 205 GTi wheels. only after something cheap as there only to fit slicks too.

Posted 15th Jun 2012 at 03:15
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #271
eddy_gti6 wrote:
No i can get 100m of bradep pipe for £25 so probs enough to do a few cars. I thought running the lines through the car would be easyer to fit and acces the Bias valve

Just worries me the comment about fuel lines for brakes, make sure you use proper braided brake linesWink

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 15th Jun 2012 at 06:16
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #272
midlife wrote:
eddy_gti6 wrote:

Just worries me the comment about fuel lines for brakes, make sure you use proper braided brake linesWink

Cool

This is why i am unsure about it and asked the question 1st as am not 100% it is break line, the lad just said thin braded lines. Can be used for brake lines.

Would you recomend braded or solid brake lines midlife? I already have braded flexie pipes but cant decide what to go fore when i remove the ABS

Posted 15th Jun 2012 at 09:12
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #273
Good luck getting your brembo's behind 205 gti wheels,i don t reckon they ll go?

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 16th Jun 2012 at 15:42
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #274
I have spacers Wink

Posted 16th Jun 2012 at 15:49
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #275
Carbon Bits look spot on and glad you liked them Thumbs up Big grin

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 16th Jun 2012 at 15:59

Pages (13): first .. 10 [11] 12 .. last