displaying posts 176 to 183 of 183

Pages (8): first .. 6 7 [8]

Author Subject: jorg's Rally Project v2.1
Twangy

Senior User

Post #176
nice to see update on car geoff , not trying to critise but why put ecu there especially as going to be rally car mate , open to damp and any crash damage mate , would advise to put in passenger side behind dash as ideal for live mapping and away from damage and water mate , as said not trying to tell you how to build your car just suggestion , cheers wayne

wayne mcardle
Posted 10th May 2016 at 19:22
jorg

Senior User

Post #177
i'm always open to suggestions wayne Yes the s60 ecu is a pain as there is no mounting point so a custom bracket is required. have tried many times to get it on the passenger side behind dash but have never been happy with the end product. i will see how it goes and if i have to move it i will. the ecu is supposed to be waterproof so hopefully it should be ok

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 10th May 2016 at 19:38
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #178
I'm not sure about the S60 but my S40 said to mount it so that it's somewhat isolated from vibration. I just made a cradle for mine and lined it with some adhesive backed foam then held the ecu in with elastic bands. I've not seen others go to such lengths but i thought it was worth the effort if it helps protect the ecu.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 10th May 2016 at 19:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #179
Mine mounts in an ally cradle that has foam it sits in. But then it gets some stick.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 10th May 2016 at 20:51
jorg

Senior User

Post #180
two years since the last update! Shock

unfortunately a lot has gone on in that time and the 306 dropped to the bottom of my to do list Sad everything has calmed down a little now so work can continue. there is no real deadline set as i don't need the stress at the moment, main aim is to get the car through its msa passport before the end of the year.

bucket seats and harnesses need replacing as they are now out of date and i now have to get the bloody fire extinguishers serviced due to a change of rules. luckily i'm lead to believe the seats and belts don't have to be in date for the passport so I can get them when I am close to my first event which could be anytime in the next ten years LOL

do have a few updates in the meantime:

320mm rotors mocked up and fitted

Untitled by Geoff Clements, on Flickr

picked up some cheap eibach springs off ebay for my ohlins

i am currently using the middle set of springs which sit like this

better than the yellow set anyway

modded the strut brace so it would fit over my top mounts and the remote reservoirs had somewhere to go, also went mad with some yellow paint

fingers crossed more updates to follow over the coming weeks

Posted 18th May 2018 at 16:59
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #181
Geoff so glad to read things are ok / better m8 .....Brilliant to read your updates again ...I followed them years ago when I first came on here ....keep um coming and well done looks great Thumbs up
Posted 18th May 2018 at 19:51
jorg

Senior User

Post #182
thank you Damien Thumbs up its because of your project thread i can't make my mind up whether to go 4 or 8 injectors! LOL

not a lot to update at the moment as i have been working but plans are well under way. ideally would like to sell some goodies first to fund the remaining items i require but these popped up and i couldn't resist Big grin

s-l1604 by Geoff Clements, on Flickr

fingers crossed they fit over my front brakes!

also decided to move the ecu back inside the car, its now fitted to the roll cage under the glove box area. its a basic bracket i have made up but it does the job!

Posted 22nd May 2018 at 16:02
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #183
As always Geoff Quality work Thumbs up
Posted 22nd May 2018 at 16:21

Pages (8): first .. 6 7 [8]