displaying posts 76 to 100 of 331

Pages (14): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: Bianca Ratlye
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
I found it by mistake on here when i was just randomly browsing. Credit to you for the info on blanks vs rheostat though, very helpful in explaining Pug'lectrics there. Big grin

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 12th Mar 2011 at 23:54
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #77
Didn't quite get to the stage of taking the engine and box out but everything bar the reverse cable and the PAS fluid to drain is done. Had a lot of other stuff to do this morning and seeing as it was p*ssing it down anyway I didn't bother going outside til 1!

Had a mare of a job with the TRE on drivers side which came half undone then wouldn't lock in the taper again no matter what so ended up dremelling the nut in half. As suspected, both P bushes have seen better days and were literally clinging on for dear life. Passenger side balljoint was f*cked too.

Everything on this f*cking car has been done up FT with no regards for torque. Crazy Got arms like a gorilla after today, one of those situations where you're just waiting for everything you undo to snap off!

I think it's a good look. Laugh

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:17
berger

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
Looks better up front, I would get some carbon sticker wraps or something to put around the cage where you get in/out. Stop it getting marked/pimp it up a bit.

Get a firm brush and some degreaser on the whole engine bay when the engines out, combined with the pressure washer it should strip away all the crap quite easily.

Probably worth checking your camside engine mount while you have easy access to it.

Bang'in 7 gram rocks!
I have one gear, GO!
Posted 13th Mar 2011 at 22:14
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
Camside mount is pretty rigid, but i'm going to take it off whilst i'm there to clean around it. I've got plenty of petrol, degreasers and a variety of de-mingers to attack the bay with. Amazingly the exhaust came off pretty willingly.

Will hunt for some angle to make engine chocks with if i find any to be on the safe side.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 13th Mar 2011 at 22:23
nick!

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
I kept my front carpet in as it was my daily as well, so made it more homely LOL Seeing that pic makes me miss it a lot! I still regret selling. ah well.

Good progress on your Rallye, keep it up ( and lower the rear Razz)

Cherry Red Rallye - 179.1bhp@fly, 148.4bhp@wheels
Posted 13th Mar 2011 at 23:34
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #81
I got a bit bored of looking at the shitty floor, it just looked rat and annoyed the shit out of me. Laugh

Your Rallye was nice, my mate nearly bought it.

I don't weigh much and tbh the overall weight of the car doesn't really concern me - the fun factor will be immense and it's clearly lighter than standard anyway. LOL

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 13th Mar 2011 at 23:43
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #82
Only a mini update tonight, got my subframe back from the powdercoaters ftw.

Here it is with quality control, his name's Oscar - he cut his teeth on QC about 3 years ago.

Built it up with my Xsara rack that's ready to go on.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:18
berger

Seasoned Pro

Post #83
Subframe looks mint!

Bang'in 7 gram rocks!
I have one gear, GO!
Posted 15th Mar 2011 at 02:35
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #84
berger wrote:
Subframe looks mint!

Yes

Shame about that skanky looking rack Shut up Laugh

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 15th Mar 2011 at 15:20
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
Nothing a wire brush won't sort. Razz It's making bacon now, getting somewhere. Yes

Might get my house back soon. Doh

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 15th Mar 2011 at 15:37
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #86
Wahey:

Engine and gearbox came out particularly willingly, with no dramas whatsoever.

Engine mount was loose as f*ck on the cambelt side so feared the worst at first, til I realised it wasn;t actually moving anything below it. Had a good survey of the area and noticed that some dopey twat hadn't actually bothered to do the mount up properly, it was a clear 3 threads from the chassis. Crazy Had a washer on it that wasn't supposed to be there and took me about 15 minutes to get off as it had grown onto the thread. Frigging thing.

Not pretty, but solid and will do for now.

If it goes then the 100 Tonne crane and the welding bay at work will be employed. Whistle

Big hole!

Laugh

Oh, and a courier brought me a present..

Hyper Tran-X FTW. It was the one thing I really didn't want used. No Thanks to Mr Miles.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:19
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #87
Nice,just a shame to fit a phase 2 VTS rack Whistle
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:19
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #88
there's meant to be a large washer under the mounting.

looks far from solid, I can see the cracks!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:19
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
2.6 turns does me fine for free. Not paying 100 notes for 0.1 of a turn per way. Wink

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:20
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #90
Beaten to it, the washer is always there, although its not required. And I can see what look like two cracks as well.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:27
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #91
welshpug! wrote:
there's meant to be a large washer under the mounting.

looks far from solid, I can see the cracks!

Not that washer, I know the big one is meant to be there, there was a little one on the thread which had grown and wouldn't pass over the thread, meaning I couldn't get the bar off.I couldn't get anything into the recess to get to it.

Without being facetious, I know what a crack is - i'd be a shite engineer if I didn't. The cracks are in the early stages, and there's plenty of propagating to go before it worries me. As said previously, it'll do for now - It's plenty solid if you strike it and offered no movement with the engine in. I have access to all the necessary stuff at work to fix it should it trouble me, but right now I care more about getting this thing together as i'm listed to go overseas again shortly. Yes

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:32
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #92
tvrfan007 wrote:
2.6 turns does me fine for free. Not paying 100 notes for 0.1 of a turn per way. Wink

I think you'll find its 2.7 on the pahse 2 and 2.4 on the phase 1's Wink LOL

Anyway stop pricking around and get charged lump in there!
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:36
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
ooo so 0.15. I'll pocket the difference, Asda style. Laugh

I plan to fit the diff into the box, the box onto the engine and feed the pair in together. It might go in this weekend, but really depends on how I get on with stuff this week. Maybe that's arse about face to some people but i've not worked on pugs much and we always tried that when doing swaps in Rovers (although the slam panel was spot welded so height was tricky).

The engine bay is pretty disgusting and needs some degreasing. Will attack the worst bits of the rust and use the galvanizing spray i've got in the garage before giving it a lick of white. It'll be no bodyshop job but you won't see most of it.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:42
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #94
Fair enough, but you did say 'it looks solid' when thre are clearly two cracks, so it was bound to get picked up on. Would be a shame to have to pull the mount out again to carry out the inevitable fix. Personally, I'd tackle it now as it's so much easier with the engine out of the way Smile

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:42
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #95
daveyboy wrote:
Fair enough, but you did say 'it looks solid' when thre are clearly two cracks, so it was bound to get picked up on. Would be a shame to have to pull the mount out again to carry out the inevitable fix. Personally, I'd tackle it now as it's so much easier with the engine out of the way Smile

Jim, no worries I know you guys are just looking out, i'm not fussed - It's going nowhere for now and is probably better looking than most people's who've not checked. It doesn't look like this which is what i was expecting to find given how much of a twat the previous owner is..

Laugh

It's easily gotten to (what, 10 mins?) and I don't have the facilities to fix it at home - I can't weld and have no gear. I'd probably either come down your way or buy a formed cup from you in the future and get it done at work as a foreigner but right now it's just not high on the list and as said previously there's nothing I can do here at home anyway. No

On a lighter note, you guys would cry if you saw your local power station turbine on outage. I've seen 20" long spindle cracks, 20mm deep cracks in rotors, radial cracking at every 10 degrees of a circular valve seat with a circumferential crack joining all of them, I've seen 4,000,000 dollars of Titanium last stage blades with more cracks than a street full of rozzers in the roots (of something with a tip speed in excess of Mach 1), and recently I've seen a 20" shaft journal sheared, yes SHEARED. We see some rawesome stuff at work. (Hi Andy Laugh)

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 00:56
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #96
Would'nt want to be stood anywhere near something like that when it finally lets go.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 01:08
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
daveyboy wrote:
Would'nt want to be stood anywhere near something like that when it finally lets go.

Wouldn't want to be within about.. ooo 37 metres LOL

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 01:10
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #98
Just a few little updates of the last few nights.

Got a bit further with the bay, having attacked it with the pressure washer, degreaser, and varying degrees of elbow grease. Came up nice, and left me with quite a bit of painting to do. Smile

I went over the back one more time and got rid of the ming in the last pic. Light was fast fading so called it a day and will survey in daylight Saturday morning.

Retiring to the conservatory.. I reckon i'm missing something here..

Ah, there it is:

Took it to work with me today with the LSD, and left it with the valve fitters for 10 mins to go and look at some monster rotor cracks in the lathe, returned to:

Job jobbed. Thumbs up Thanks very much to Miles for the help with the correct torque and words of wisdom re orientation Yes Whistle

Also picked up a few bits I had blasted at work and coated.

Not touched the car tonight as I found out this morning i'm going to South Africa for 2 months+ at the end of next week. Rallye is going to have to take a backseat til mid summer I think. I have this weekend to get the engine plopped in and mounted, and i'd dearly like it back on the deck.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:22
berger

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
Looks a million times better washed down and scrubbed clean.

Will be a totally different car next time I see it, when I am stealing your coilovers for my car.....

Bang'in 7 gram rocks!
I have one gear, GO!
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 03:19
turbosa

Post #100
quote:

Not touched the car tonight as I found out this morning i'm going to South Africa for 2 months+ at the end of next week. Rallye is going to have to take a backseat til mid summer I think. I have this weekend to get the engine plopped in and mounted, and i'd dearly like it back on the deck.

Were in South Africa are you going to? Maybe you can bring some things for me that i need, can pay you in Rands.
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 23:28

Pages (14): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last