displaying posts 51 to 75 of 331

Pages (14): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Bianca Ratlye
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
Just a few updates as it's been MOT weekend for the HDi, resulting in...:

Thumbs up

Back onto the Rallye then. Changed the door I picked up off CUJ which has thankfully sorted out a number of issues from a dead checkstrap that clanked really badly to a loom that didn't work because it had been hacksawed an inch into the door. Laugh

Put a bit of colour back into that side anyway. I've got new Rallye stickers in the house courtesy of Rick_Rallye and will be sorting all those out when the weather warms up and I can give it a quick once over with the machine polisher.

Also got my new shoes on the Superlegs:

Now sticks like the proverbial at last. Smile s**te red wheels were sold on!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:05
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
Investigated the rocking passenger seat this morning to find that the genius who installed them only put 2 of 4 bolts in the 306 runner, neither of which were tight. Dry

Also found that the seat rails they were mounted too were genuine Cobra, which was nice, and that they were using 10mm spacers which I removed on both seats as i felt they were a little high for my liking. I'd banged my nogging a couple of times already on the cage. Roll eyes

Got a couple of cars to sort out first which will see attention diverted away from the Rallye for about a month I expect, whilst I continue to hoard parts. Still trying to sell the last of the Rover parts which is time consuming.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 16th Jan 2011 at 18:42
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
looking good there,can i ask why you gone for a vts gearbox,instead of using the gti6 box?
Posted 17th Jan 2011 at 00:35
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
6 box is way to long for most uk tracks

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 17th Jan 2011 at 00:43
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #55
and the vts box is only shorter by 150 rpm LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th Jan 2011 at 00:51
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
I want it because I find the 6 box far too much fannying around. 3rd and 4th are a bit like "wtf did I put it back in the same gear?" as i'm used to ridiculously long gearing on my old Rover (was geared to like 185 or something). It's personal preference really but after driving Berger's Xsara and spending time on track with him in it I preferred the ratios. It will compliment the charger i'll be slapping on in good time.

Oh, it also eliminates the stupid right lock, which doesn't compute in my brain after using a HDi for so many miles a week. Laugh

This thread will seem slow going for a bit (certainly the next month) but hopefully it will contain a few more juicy bits over the coming months) that make a worthwhile read.

I gave it a quick wash this afternoon and it really needs some paint correction, it's covered in odd grey marks and things. My friend will help me with this.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 17th Jan 2011 at 01:24
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
Tonights post is brought to you by the letter

For seal. Laugh

Came home from work to find the light rinsing from earlier today has made the car damp as fook inside again so went around the car refitting various seals the previous owner delightfully binned.

Before

After

Weatherproof at last. Small, but important. Smile

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:07
berger

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
Bbbbbut you have added 500g of weight to the car!!!!!!

Will never handle now!

Bang'in 7 gram rocks!
I have one gear, GO!
Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 17:32
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Oh I like the door cards Cool

Get that green moudly stuff cleaned out of the boot shut Yes

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 19:14
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
cjm_harris wrote:
Oh I like the door cards Cool

Get that green moudly stuff cleaned out of the boot shut Yes

Door cards are carbon fibre, they came with the car. Smile

The mould is there as my co-pilot. Razz It'll get a good wash and scrub up in a while when I get a good weekend, got lots of stuff to do before i worry about making it look mint lol. I've got a house full of car parts again. LOL

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 20th Jan 2011 at 12:42
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
Well, after one of the most difficult months of my life, January can f*ck right off. A lot of things need to change in my life. I contemplated selling the Rallye amongst other things but friends who know me well have urged me to keep it, so it stays for now.

Spent 4 f*cking hours in the freezing cold Friday night fixing my brothers Meridian after it failed MOT on rear pads/discs, front droplink and the fact the ABS ring had snapped on the long driveshaft.. Doh

This month I have collected:

Modified OMP Lower strut brace
PhillipM PTFE Manifold Gasket
RichW Lightweight Flywheel
GE Quickshift Kit
Gear Linkages

and also have in stock:
Crystal Headlights
P3 Rub strips
P3 repeaters

and have bought some RichW roller bearing wishbone bushes (already built, with new balljoints) and a Mocal oil spacer plate.

The polycarb windows weren't for me so sold them on.

I need to scrap a friend's car that is sitting on my drive, and then maybe I can actually start building this money pit.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 1st Feb 2011 at 01:11
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
i hav ehte windows now, hopefully they look ok fitted lol

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 1st Feb 2011 at 01:22
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
Ah it's not that i didn't like them, just not practical for my car.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 1st Feb 2011 at 01:28
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
Finally managed to start getting to work on the Rallye today having dealt with numerous other things first. I've also managed to cover it in dirty hand prints and the cats helped out with a few dirty paw prints. Heh.

Got my crystals on:

Got my P3 repeaters on there:

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:08
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
So i've been short of time lately, having been away on business for a fortnight. Nontheless, the Raceland coilovers are off and gone, replaced by:

It dawned on me today that i thought it was a little strange the rears don't have dust boots. Anyone else got a picture of rear Gaz Golds? I'll get a pair if they exist.

As i'm an engineer for a company manufacturing power station equipment, we have a rather sizeable and very well equipped workshop. As a result, I got the lads to ash blast and seam weld a spare subframe I had, completed in just 1 day around their actual work lol. The blasting got rid of most of the s**te, but it tends to leech out of the joints as it's welded. Gavin is a really top quality welder, proper meticulous in his prep and can't stand anything less than a perfect job so the leeching irritated the hell out of him. I was more than happy. LOL

Off to the powdercoaters when i've brought the rest of the bits in.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:10
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
Had a bit of a subdued weekend so spent a bit of time sorting bits out as it's a bit of a mobile skip at the moment, full of various parts destined either for the Rallye or to be sold.

I prepared some Phase 3 rubstrips during the week, so fitted those and cleaned 10 years of ming from behind the old ones.

I'm very pleased with how it's looking at the moment, especially considering all the cosmetic stuff on the outside didn't cost me anything.

I've managed to sort out the non functinoning dash lights which is very pleasing. It transpires that the rheostat completes the circuit whether it's there or blanked, and the previous owner in his wisdom binned it. As a result I had no lights, glad that it's an easy fix as electrics are not my forte. Ironic for a power station engineer but that's why I work with the turbine not the generator. Razz

I took the front bumper off to refit the splitter and do a sort of smart repair all the gravel rash, and rectify the missing splitter. Don't suppose anyone has a drivers Rallye blank kicking about?

Tried out my new jetwash to blast all the crap out from the arches and the engine bay which was mildly toxic it was so filthy. Should make stripping it down less of a chore, as i'm taking steps to get the new lump ready to drop in. The car has obviously lived under a tree or something at some point as there was inordinate amounts of moss and ming in all of the seals and shuts. I got half a field out of the rear window. :S

Hope to take my subframe to the powdercoaters tomorrow lunchtime, with a view to having it returned for the weekend so I can build it up. I need to make a start taking the engine out, but I have a lot of things to do both in and out of work at the moment so progress is by no means moving at the pace i'd like it to and still learning Peugeots so i'm not the quickest at some jobs.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:10
berger

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
Good job on blasting that engine bay!

It was bloody rank, will save getting totally cacked up with oil and grease.

The more parts you take out the boot, the more desperately it needs lowering!

Bang'in 7 gram rocks!
I have one gear, GO!
Posted 8th Mar 2011 at 01:59
collis

Regular

Post #68
tvrfan007 wrote:
Finally managed to start getting to work on the Rallye today having dealt with numerous other things first. I've also managed to cover it in dirty hand prints and the cats helped out with a few dirty paw prints. Heh.

Looks like a good project. Good luck with the hand prints i always end up with finger prints on mine even when im being careful

"If you ain't first, you're last!"

306 1.4
mini city E
306 gti 6
205 gti 1.9
306 Rallye
Posted 8th Mar 2011 at 02:19
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
quote:
Yeah i've noticed they don't come off willingly.. Doh

[quote=&quot;berger&quot;]
The more parts you take out the boot, the more desperately it needs lowering!

Removing a gearbox from the boot helps with that. Whistle

Still, I resorted to playing spot the difference tonight.

Buggered if i can work out what the difference is. Whistle

Subframe at the powdercoaters. £10 ftw - bet he f*cks it up or something. LOL

Got confirmation from a helpful man at Gaz that the revised design of Golds required no boot at the rear, although the can be purchased separately. The seal was apparently revised. Might still get some boots if they're cheap.

Thursday 10/3/11 update:

Ok i'll just keep editing this post for now rather than bump the thread with uninteresting non shiny bits. Ordered some Gaz dust boots for £11 delivered, expected next week.

Got my dash lights working ftw, so chucked in some P3 clocks. Little dark spots in the usual places but it's better than total darkness!

Wednesday's job became Thursday's job after Royal fail couldn't find my parcel at the post office. Ordered a bargainous filler elbow for the petrol tank off ebay for half dealer prices, came in a Peugeot bag - must be old stock.

I set to work getting it off, i'm an unfortunate dab hand at that seeing as I had to find and cure a mystery diesel leak on the HDi last year. There it is next to the old one, which had quite a few cracks in so i'm hoping it's the culprit. I would guess so since it looked like this in Dec:

Job done. Big grin

Replaced the gash peugeot clips with jubilee clips as per my HDi.

Current status:

Fitted:
Drivers door
P3 Rubstrips
Standard Mirrors
Gaz Golds
Crystals
Splitter
Boot seal/windscreen seal/door seals
Superleggeras (road)
Mintex 1144 front pads with oem discs
Arch liners x2
Top glovebox
Clock!

Sorted:
Aerial
Sorted Front bumper (bad gravel rash)
Clanking door pins replaced
Dash lights fixed
Wiper

Got to change clutch in HDi soon which will deviate me from the point somewhat!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:12
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
i'd rather have some boots on there to protect the piston from damage.
stone hits piston = nick in piston = damaged seal = leaking damper

edit, see you've just updated the thread and ordered some boots

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 11th Mar 2011 at 02:39
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
Yep, Gaz got some stock in today so there is a pair winging their way to me. Yes

Also have another present on the way from Miles. Big grin

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 11th Mar 2011 at 02:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
The Gaz rears used to come with some blue polyurethane dust boots, however, as the suspension articulates they tend to rub any muck on the bottom of them against the damper body and strip the coating off, and then they rust. They weren't flexible/collapsable like the original boots are.

My old pair did that, which is why they removed them, and revised the shaft lip seal so there's an extra wiper underneath to prevent dirt ingress on the rod.
They can also squeak against the damper body when it's dry and warm - cooper666 has what appears to be the same problem with his Avo's.
Tbh, with the location of the rear dampers the chances of a big enough stone hitting with force to chip the rod is low enough that you can get away without them.

Lovely job on that subframe though.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 11th Mar 2011 at 04:45
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
Yeah it's pretty remote, it was just moisture ingress that concerned me. Well, we can see what turns up and if it's any good!

Edit:

Made some progress today. Flywheel is on the new engine:

Looks nice, gave it a good clean once on, and modified the clutch to fit (drill the fitting holes out to 8mm)

Just need to sort the box out now then I can bolt it up off the car and drop the pair in when i'm ready.

Moved onto the car to sort some bodges out. Amazing how one man can bodge so much in a short space of time. Half the bolts holding the seat frames to the floor were any old s**te, so fished some genuine Pug 10.9s out the garage and used them, job done. Whilst seats were out, I managed to fill half of my Dyson with soil, leaves etc from the car. Roll eyes

After removing the final bits of sound deadening residue I chucked in a half carpet I had as I prefer it to no carpet. I got the idea from Nick!'s Rallye.

No longer a mobile skip.... at least for a week or so lol.

Need to locate my spot weld remover and get those useless brackets out the back. Low priority really, got a lot of mechanicals to do now.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:14
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
So I took it out this morning for a shake down and picked up a few things I wanted to correct/investigate during the engine change. I have suspension issues somewhere, it likes to wander under braking. No doubt the roller wishbones will cure that.

Thought she looked alright, albeit in dire need of a wash:

So good in fact I drove it home and pulled it apart. Laugh Found me a GTi6 on the way back to base to toy with, he was impressed I was pulling away in a straight line, with a sewing machine on full slipper in front of me. Laugh

So I started making tracks in the engine bay, got the box oil and engine oil out first - worrying this required this bit of kit to get the sump plug off:

Retards. Roll eyes

This is a sample of the ming i've got to get rid of (post jet washing the bay!):

Just carried on at my own little pace. I'm still learning so I wasn't out to break any speed records, just be methodical, and take pics so I can put it back together properly.

Here endeth today's progress. I doubt i'll remove the engine til next weekend but we'll see how adventurous i'm feeling tomorrow. Got to find a clean way to drop the PAS fluid.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 19:16
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
tvrfan007 wrote:
I've managed to sort out the non functinoning dash lights which is very pleasing. It transpires that the rheostat completes the circuit whether it's there or blanked.

Wonder who told you that Whistle I've found one now too Laugh

Looking good.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 12th Mar 2011 at 23:47

Pages (14): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last