displaying posts 226 to 250 of 331

Pages (14): first .. 9 [10] 11 .. last

Author Subject: Bianca Ratlye
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #226
tvrfan007 wrote:
Anyone any tips for removing the rallye stickers quickly? Mine don't seem up for coming off willingly.

Warm them up with a hair dryer. Once off use some thinners to get majority of the gunk off. Wash that off with soapy water and then T-cut the s**t out if it to remove all remaining marks Thumbs up

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 6th May 2014 at 21:42
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #227
I'm ok with getting the residue off, as the tar remover I use does a quick and easy job of that, but finding it very difficult to get behind the stickers - and when you do you literally get a tiny piece as they are so old.

I shall persevere!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 7th May 2014 at 07:15
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #228
6waysforward wrote:
tvrfan007 wrote:
Anyone any tips for removing the rallye stickers quickly? Mine don't seem up for coming off willingly.

Warm them up with a hair dryer. Once off use some thinners to get majority of the gunk off. Wash that off with soapy water and then T-cut the s**t out if it to remove all remaining marks Thumbs up

I'd be careful about using thinners on the paint finish. It's powerful stuff and if accidentally left there for any length of time it could leave a mark.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 7th May 2014 at 08:03
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #229
Came home to the rain, which revealed some nice beading on the car:

So I had to take the passenger side crystal out to glue the broken lug on the top (bottom one has long been missing). I'd seized the opportunity to polish the very dull grille whilst it was off the car... ta-da.

Another 'part' ticked off the polishing list...

I didn't want to do anything heavy duty, so just cracked on with peeling the stickers.

Drivers side gone (what was left of it)

First person to guess what was written here wins a passenger lap:

My patience ran out after removing the 306 Rallye sticker, just gotta pull off the coloured stripes but they're very 'bitty'.

Had enough of this s**t for today! It's about as interesting as watching paint dry!!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:21
testacorsa

Post #230
Oh I know, I know - It's PEUGEOT LOL Wink

Too late now, but I always soak old stubborn stickers in WD40 (the only thing I found that perfumed petroleum is really good at). Then I heat the area carefully, and then scrape with a plastic tool (don't know the english word)
WD40 takes the residue as well.

and f**k that p**ck of a neighbor! I hate people without respect for their surroundings!

Good job on the polish Si - looking good!

My silver Fox thread

My wanted add
Posted 7th May 2014 at 21:26
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #231
Ah i haven't ever tried WD40 on the stickers before, I have a few left to go so will use them on that!

My old next door neighbour was one of those pathetic silent bully types. Nice as pie to your face, but then does anything he can to be deliberately awkward. It was a shared driveway but he would park such that he was on the line, meaning very often when i got back either i needed to get out on the grass so the mrs could get out next to his car, or park so close that I was liable to get yet another door ding. Or he'd park so far back, that where our driveways merged with two others (corner plots) either i would have to do a 3 point turn to get off my drive, or if the last house had visitors neither me or the neighbour i shared a wall with could get out without asking someone to move).

Mine was 133, marked in blue, his was the green driveway, yellow was 135 whom i shared a wall with and the red was 137. The black part was the common land, no owner. He used to park with his arse hanging out into the black bit so me and 135 couldn't get past if 137 had visitors who parked badly.

At the other end of the drive, where my Rallye was (just in front of that silver car), he moved his wheely bins up against it to stop me from crossing the driveway line when I was working on my car - so I just carried on regardless, and every time his bins infringed my property line I move them back over - he used to 'reset' them every day, and by reset I mean push them over my property.

With his bins being there and me being in Africa for many months, he clearly knew there was no retribution for his actions. When i came home it took me two days to calm down before talking to him, then had a massive go at him - at which point he tried to deny causing the damage - it was clear it was his bins as the handles of the lid aligned perfectly with all the scratches on the passenger roofline - about 14 of them in total. All in, just a complete c**t. Worst thing was he was only renting, but it wasn't through an agency and his landlord didn't give a f**k.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:21
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #232
What a nob, clearly has too much time on his hands. Faced with evidence like that what's his point in trying to say it wasn't him???!!??

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 8th May 2014 at 22:24
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #233
mik wrote:
What a nob, clearly has too much time on his hands. Faced with evidence like that what's his point in trying to say it wasn't him???!!??

People like this do p**s me off Yes

I have a shared driveway with my neighbours and i own the majority of the land it is on. There is some space up the back where they have started growing vegetables, this is technically on my land. However as the space is unused and will remain that way for the time being i have no problem with them using it, one day i will extend the garden and will need the space back but now it's all cool. Some people would complain about these sorts of things even if it didnt impact their lives at all Doh

Just Drive It
Posted 9th May 2014 at 13:05
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #234
They always at least one neighbour like that bas**rds!!!

Wd40 works wonders on glues and stuff iv used it loads,just clean the area well after!!!

cherry rallye daily (the money pit)
Posted 9th May 2014 at 14:48
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #235
tvrfan007 ..... i would lose the rag at that

what a cnut Thumbs up

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 9th May 2014 at 15:13
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #236
use a heat gun to remove them stickers
warm them up and they usually come off in one piece

or a womans hair drier, although the ones on my car have never really been more than a few years old

edit: -
what an absolute w**ker your neighbour is

i get annoyed with cats walking over my cars, so i bought this....

(the container not the pishy Volvo)

loving the attention to detail Thumbs up

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 9th May 2014 at 15:26
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #237
Its coming along, im kind of learning to detail on this car. Just aiming to make it presentable on track tbh... if it gets there lol.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 9th May 2014 at 17:31
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #238
Had a little bit of time this afternoon with nothing to do, so I went outside to play.

I managed to finish off polishing the roof. To show you how matt and flat the paint was, here's a can of WD40 on the recently polished bonnet:

and here's one on the roof...

Not a hint of reflection as you can see.

So I set about polishing, Megs G220 V2 and Menzerna PF2500 for the polishing, as usual. Here's a few shots along the way to show the difference:

And here's the final result!

Here's some examples of the damage my neighbour caused in Peterborough:

and the most typical sort of deep scratch that's going to need some filling in and touching up. There's about 10 or 12 of these along the passenger side. Sad

So having finished the roof, I peeled off the remaining stickers (by means of hairdryer ftw!), took the spoiler off to polish the roof, and took the lights out to polish around them:

Have done the bootlid (all around the glass) and done the lower panel where the stickers were. Nice and shiny now, although there are some marks around the glass I can't get with the polisher, so going to need to do a spot of hand polishing to finish this panel off, but it started to rain.

That's all for today. I hope to continue to polishing tomorrow!! Big grin

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:25
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #239
Managed to get the top mark out by the rear bumper too, so just got to fill in the mark in the bumper now. Hell, I may as well attempt body repairs on this thing as it's never going to be concourse!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:26
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #240
Looking clean... what products are you using? Is it hand or machine polished
Posted 10th May 2014 at 17:46
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #241
Machine polished as above, it's a Meguairs G220 V2 with Menzerna polishes. I've been using PF2500/2400 mainly. I have PF4000 for where a panel just needs a once over rather than some heavy work. Using a Lake Country cutting pad. Smile

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 10th May 2014 at 17:47
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #242
Got quite a bit done today. Put the headlights and grille back in and tried out my new polish - Raceglaze glass and chrome polish. It's ok but not as abrasive as i'd hoped, do going to invest in some of the 3M stuff on polished bliss. I managed to recover the crystals on my hdi from milky to clear again - this made some improvement from the below, but not as clear as i'd hoped.

I wanted to try it primarily because the rallye's rear window is f**kED as some retard has obviously left a faulty wiper running until it chewed through a blade and dragged the metal against the window (P2 wiper originally), leaving a half-arc of rather deep scratches. I don't think any amount of polishing could get rid of them, but hopefully i can improve them as they're a real eyesore.

Anyway, passenger side masked up and ready to go:

Lots of odd scratches, again from the neighbour when the car was parked the other way around:

And nice and shiny, some reflection!! (sun shining briefly!)

Even when rain stopped play it looked good!

Only got the passenger side and rear to do now which won't take long as i've done the roofline already (front bumper is in bad shape so not sure i can do much with that). I need to move the car away from the wall for that though.

Instead I started to recover the dull plastic!

So out comes the dressle trim treatment. I like this as it's easy, not messy and does last. It takes a few coats to build up a nice layer, but lasts a good amount of time. I use it on the mini as it has plastic trims around the bodywork.

Here it is in action, though these neglected plastics are really drinking the treatment so it'll take a few apps yet to look good.

Pretty much just started cleaning odds and sods then like the stuff growing in my rubber seals!! Using my new toy, a great addition to your cleaning supplies tbh and why pay for a brand one - this cost £2 and is quite capable of spraying water around the door shuts when i don't want the hosepipe nearby and want a bit more oomph than a hand spray!

It's had a hard life this car. It'll never be a show queen but it's looking a bit better than the "tippex white shed" it was described as by someone at work. Though she did comment on it having a climbing frame in so i'm not too hung up on that. :p

It's a bit rough around the edges, but getting better with TLC!!

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:28
eddy_gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #243
Alot of time gone into cleaning this. Feel free to take my 6 away to give it yhe same treatment Thumbs up
Has tbe filler neck arrived yet?

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 12th May 2014 at 21:31
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #244
Hi mate, was expecting it today but no sign or card or anything. Send over the no? Smile

Couldn't have done that tonight anyway so no loss.

It was fun cleaning the car, just got to finish it off! Helps having the right products though. Smile

Would gladly help others if I could.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 12th May 2014 at 22:16
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #245
Going to any shows etc this year Simon? Or any track days booked?

I have just booked to go to French car show. Show the ol' gal off, and a couple of hours on track too Smile

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 13th May 2014 at 13:03
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #246
I don't really do shows to be honest, never was into that scene. Would be planning to track it but realistically towards end of year. Fair few mods to do yet that are in my parts stash, and it must prove itself reliable first really. Had a few issues in a row and need to build a rapport with it. Smile

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 13th May 2014 at 15:51
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #247
So tonight saw the delivery of my replacement filler neck assembly from eddy. Couldn't help but clean the foot and mouth inducing filth off it before i started. Razz

Here it is next to the defective one, no prizes for guessing which one is the replacement and which is the duffer..

And replaced.

Not sure the two little small bore connectors have gone in correctly to the stupid little one way valve clamp arrangements. Time will tell I suppose, they came apart and went back together all too easily. The one that had been chopped off on the repalcement neck was a swine to get apart - ended up sawing it off: here's what it looks like for those of you who haven't come across one yet:

Have ordered some Bilt Hamber deox gel to get rid of that rust before I paint it and refit the arch liner. Hoping to get a steam cleaner in the next couple of weeks so i can agitate it all with citrus power and then steam it off. Can put the arch liner back on top then. Smile

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:29
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #248
Oh and i've not put i on here yet, but here's my new daily, picked up March 1st. Big grin

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:30
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #249
I caught a great shot on the way out the house this morning which really shows the difference in pre and post polishing!

Check out that tippex finish!

Also, since my slow puncture on the front left wheel has decided to go down again (after staying inflated for like 3 months) I put one of my other wheels on last night to see what it looks like. I had bought these with some toyos on with the intention of making them track tyres with slicks. Until it's done a track day successfully though the slicks won't be going on anything! (Headlight clip is on order... Wink)

Compomotives Ninja:

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Posted 23rd Nov 2017 at 20:31
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #250
Wheels looking good Yes Are they 16's?

Just Drive It
Posted 15th May 2014 at 09:04

Pages (14): first .. 9 [10] 11 .. last