displaying posts 1 to 13 of 13

Author Subject: Just a thank you
Jessieko

Newbie

Location: Lyon

Registered: 14 Mar 2020

Posts: 3

Status: Offline

Post #1
I just wanted to say thank you for all the precious information on this forum.

I do not own a 306 but a Xsara VTS with the 167 engine, and this place is a gold mine for a debutant like me, I can work on my car and call it mine.

Hope to be able to help in return some day.
Posted 14th Mar 2020 at 22:03
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Location: Lutterworth

Registered: 01 Sep 2007

Posts: 2,941

Status: Offline

Post #2
Jessieko wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you for all the precious information on this forum.

I do not own a 306 but a Xsara VTS with the 167 engine, and this place is a gold mine for a debutant like me, I can work on my car and call it mine.

Hope to be able to help in return some day.


I run a VTS as well, a ph2 car. If you need any help with anything, including parts, please let me know.

________________________________________

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 15th Mar 2020 at 08:56
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Location: Hayle

Registered: 09 Sep 2005

Posts: 2,456

Status: Offline

Post #3
Ben_W wrote:
I run a VTS as well, a ph2 car. If you need any help with anything, including parts, please let me know.



Where do you use for your parts... as I have a Rallye I'm slowly acquiring bits for but its got harder and harder to find stuff the last few years

________________________________________

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 15th Mar 2020 at 11:34
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Location: Reading/parts for sale

Registered: 21 Nov 2008

Posts: 4,298

Status: Offline

Post #4
Ben can find anything

________________________________________

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!


SEARCH

click here
Posted 15th Mar 2020 at 12:38
Jessieko

Newbie

Location: Lyon

Registered: 14 Mar 2020

Posts: 3

Status: Offline

Post #5
Ben_W wrote:


I run a VTS as well, a ph2 car. If you need any help with anything, including parts, please let me know.



Thank you, so far I changed my shocks and all the fluids, next is the thermostat with a full cooling flush, the lambda and the iddle motor as my iddle tends to go up to 2000rpm when i stop at a stop light or in trafic, it goes down if i step on the accelerator.
I will make a presentation thread to track the progress on my little money sink.
Posted 15th Mar 2020 at 13:22
Carl GTI

Junior User

Location: Tripoding at Brands Hatch

Registered: 11 Aug 2015

Posts: 85

Status: Offline

Post #6
I also own a VTS - and this forum is gold
Posted 15th Mar 2020 at 14:19
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Location: Lutterworth

Registered: 01 Sep 2007

Posts: 2,941

Status: Offline

Post #7
MCH_GTi6 wrote:
Ben_W wrote:
I run a VTS as well, a ph2 car. If you need any help with anything, including parts, please let me know.



Where do you use for your parts... as I have a Rallye I'm slowly acquiring bits for but its got harder and harder to find stuff the last few years


I've got a massive pile of VTS parts as I've broken 3 over the last year.

As for Rallye bits, I've got a really good parts contact. He can't find everything, but he's pretty good.

________________________________________

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 15th Mar 2020 at 17:48
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Location: Hayle

Registered: 09 Sep 2005

Posts: 2,456

Status: Offline

Post #8
Ben_W wrote:
MCH_GTi6 wrote:
Ben_W wrote:
I run a VTS as well, a ph2 car. If you need any help with anything, including parts, please let me know.



Where do you use for your parts... as I have a Rallye I'm slowly acquiring bits for but its got harder and harder to find stuff the last few years


I've got a massive pile of VTS parts as I've broken 3 over the last year.

As for Rallye bits, I've got a really good parts contact. He can't find everything, but he's pretty good.


Tbh some bits aren't rallye specific... like side skirt seals... the inner wing brackets, spare wheel funny washer thing... just random odds and sods... I broke some gti's previously and have the odd bit and bob....

________________________________________

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 15th Mar 2020 at 22:57
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Location: Lutterworth

Registered: 01 Sep 2007

Posts: 2,941

Status: Offline

Post #9
MCH_GTi6 wrote:
Ben_W wrote:
MCH_GTi6 wrote:
Ben_W wrote:
I run a VTS as well, a ph2 car. If you need any help with anything, including parts, please let me know.



Where do you use for your parts... as I have a Rallye I'm slowly acquiring bits for but its got harder and harder to find stuff the last few years


I've got a massive pile of VTS parts as I've broken 3 over the last year.

As for Rallye bits, I've got a really good parts contact. He can't find everything, but he's pretty good.


Tbh some bits aren't rallye specific... like side skirt seals... the inner wing brackets, spare wheel funny washer thing... just random odds and sods... I broke some gti's previously and have the odd bit and bob....


Side skirt seals are pretty much impossible to get now. My parts man managed to get one one brand new one and oddly, I then had a mint one for the other side from a 6 I broke...

The inner wing brackets.....do you mean the ones which bolt to the inner wing and then to the outer wing, or something else? Spare wheel washer thing should be available surely?

________________________________________

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 16th Mar 2020 at 04:18
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Location: Hayle

Registered: 09 Sep 2005

Posts: 2,456

Status: Offline

Post #10
Ben_W wrote:

Side skirt seals are pretty much impossible to get now. My parts man managed to get one one brand new one and oddly, I then had a mint one for the other side from a 6 I broke...

The inner wing brackets.....do you mean the ones which bolt to the inner wing and then to the outer wing, or something else? Spare wheel washer thing should be available surely?


Spare wheel washer thing is 7615 62 which says NLA

the other bracket is the ones spot welded on like on here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-PEUGEOT-306-MK2-GTI-LEFT-FRONT-WING-INNER-FRAME-STIFFENER-7119Q5/273976030312?hash=item3fca3e7468:gRazz~EAAOSwAwJdXtc1

________________________________________

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 16th Mar 2020 at 09:05
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Location: Lutterworth

Registered: 01 Sep 2007

Posts: 2,941

Status: Offline

Post #11
Ah, do you mean the brackets that hold the wiring loom on the passenger side and then the charcoal canister on the drivers side?

As far as I've been able to ascertain, they were never available as separate parts. They appear to come as part of the inner wing panel. I had the same issue with mine, they had rusted and were weak, yet the inner wing panel was absolutely fine, which struck me as odd. I can only assume the inner wing was galvanised and the extra brackets not.

I had a chap in New Zealand of all places send me some that he took off a rust free car he was breaking.

As for 7615 62, i think you could grab one off any 306 being broken, i think they are all the same. If you wanted new, i could ask my parts guy?

________________________________________

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 16th Mar 2020 at 09:32
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Location: Hayle

Registered: 09 Sep 2005

Posts: 2,456

Status: Offline

Post #12
Ben_W wrote:
Ah, do you mean the brackets that hold the wiring loom on the passenger side and then the charcoal canister on the drivers side?

As far as I've been able to ascertain, they were never available as separate parts. They appear to come as part of the inner wing panel. I had the same issue with mine, they had rusted and were weak, yet the inner wing panel was absolutely fine, which struck me as odd. I can only assume the inner wing was galvanised and the extra brackets not.

I had a chap in New Zealand of all places send me some that he took off a rust free car he was breaking.

As for 7615 62, i think you could grab one off any 306 being broken, i think they are all the same. If you wanted new, i could ask my parts guy?



If he does have one I'd appreciate it... someone in either NZ or Aus did say they'd be able to sort those brackets for me but I never heard anything ever again unfortunately...

There are a list of other bits and bob's I'd like but I'm unsure if much is gonna be possible... like the roof gutter trims, and exhaust manifold heatshield...

________________________________________

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 16th Mar 2020 at 10:08
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Location: Lutterworth

Registered: 01 Sep 2007

Posts: 2,941

Status: Offline

Post #13
Send me a list over of what you are after and ill see what i can get him to find.

Exhaust heatshield is a no.....ive already asked for one for me.

________________________________________

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 16th Mar 2020 at 10:14

All times are GMT. The time is now 11:23

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club - ©2024 all rights reserved.

Please Note: The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy.