displaying posts 3326 to 3350 of 3409

Pages (137): first .. 133 [134] 135 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
gnrlee Forum Admin

Location: Leeds

Registered: 20 Aug 2005

Posts: 8,878

Status: Offline

Post #3326
Clapping

________________________________________

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 5th Jul 2022 at 20:16
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3327
ben306 wrote:
looks well does that.


Thank you Ben Thumbs up
Posted 6th Jul 2022 at 20:04
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3328
gnrlee wrote:
Clapping


Thumbs up

X
Posted 6th Jul 2022 at 20:05
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3329
Got it done in the end Thumbs up


Posted 13th Jul 2022 at 06:24
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Location: DoncastAAAAARGH

Registered: 13 Jan 2008

Posts: 4,637

Status: Offline

Post #3330
Nice work mate! Thumbs up

________________________________________

Goldie the track car.
Posted 13th Jul 2022 at 18:39
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3331
prism7guy wrote:
Nice work mate! Thumbs up


Thank you Steve Thumbs up
Hows that car going at mo ?
Posted 15th Jul 2022 at 07:42
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Location: DoncastAAAAARGH

Registered: 13 Jan 2008

Posts: 4,637

Status: Offline

Post #3332
Red car is going good.
Gold car is still broken.
Planning for the garage has been approved Big grin
Gold car can be rebuilt once the new garage is up! Hyper

Are you going to pugfest this weekend?

________________________________________

Goldie the track car.
Posted 15th Jul 2022 at 16:02
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3333
prism7guy wrote:
Red car is going good.
Gold car is still broken.
Planning for the garage has been approved Big grin
Gold car can be rebuilt once the new garage is up! Hyper

Are you going to pugfest this weekend?



So basically your waiting for that garage now its been approved (fantastic i bet you cant wait )
Sadly didnt go as i was finishing off my garage LOL

Hopefully next year and my car will be ready ….see i said Hopefully
Posted 25th Jul 2022 at 22:18
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bucks

Registered: 25 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,437

Status: Offline

Post #3334
Day666 wrote:
Got it done in the end Thumbs up



Looks great damien Thumbs up
Posted 1st Aug 2022 at 21:31
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3335
blandy wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Got it done in the end Thumbs up



Looks great damien Thumbs up


Big thank you Mike Thumbs up
You at Combe Sat ?
Posted 3rd Aug 2022 at 21:09
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bucks

Registered: 25 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,437

Status: Offline

Post #3336
No was going to go watch but gotta work. Might be there on bank hol though if I get the car finished and fully back in one piece after silverstone
Posted 3rd Aug 2022 at 21:24
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3337
blandy wrote:
No was going to go watch but gotta work. Might be there on bank hol though if I get the car finished and fully back in one piece after silverstone


Ohh ok Thumbs up
Good luck Mike
Posted 4th Aug 2022 at 19:43
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3338
Sadly not been on here for a bit …work and other Thumbs down

Last couple of days painted the Thermalite internal walls and installed the grey Duramat click in PVC floor tiles …
Just Electric to install and the extra 75mm roof insulation ontop of the 50mm already installed….

Its only 3m x 3m but this little workshop is massively needed now for me to move forward on my 306


Posted 22nd Sep 2022 at 22:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3339




Posted 22nd Sep 2022 at 22:14
ben306

Seasoned Pro

Location: North West

Registered: 17 Jan 2006

Posts: 2,926

Status: Offline

Post #3340
Nothing better than having proper work space.

________________________________________

My 306 Rallye Project Thread

Few recent Youtube track videos, more on my channel
Pair of Rallye's doing a few laps of Anglesey


Lap of Anglesey Coastal

3 sisters circuit

Few laps at Blyton
Posted 23rd Sep 2022 at 08:30
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3341
ben306 wrote:
Nothing better than having proper work space.



100% Ben ....been in there today putting up some more celotex ceiling inside roof insulation Thumbs up
Posted 9th Oct 2022 at 21:46
eiei0

Regular

Location: Kildare

Registered: 08 May 2020

Posts: 192

Status: Offline

Post #3342
Great work as usual Damien I haven't posted here for ages, struggling for motivation with life never mind my car (it's tucked up in a bubble so will be there for me when I am ready to enjoy it again)

but great to see you working away with upgrade after upgrade,

Keep up the great work fella,
Posted 27th Oct 2022 at 00:59
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3343
eiei0 wrote:
Great work as usual Damien I haven't posted here for ages, struggling for motivation with life never mind my car (it's tucked up in a bubble so will be there for me when I am ready to enjoy it again)

but great to see you working away with upgrade after upgrade,

Keep up the great work fella,


Hi Trevor
Hope your well
Thank you Thumbs up

Totally get what your saying with Motivation Thumbs up
Ive been at that place many times and lack of money and working too hard doesn’t help !!!!!

With my car -I can see light at the end of the tunnel now and i know what direction im finally going and what i want from the car and how i want it to look for the first real time …its sort of accidentally happened lol

Im personally at a point with mine that i need time which i dont have at the moment working 6 days a week with two jobs and so im going to work less end of Jan 2023 on Weekends with my second job and try and get the car to where i can before engine upgrades end of 2023 …fingers crossed

Trevor try and Keep up the Motivation your end as best as you can and only do it when you enjoy it and remember its a extension of your personality

Ill start on mine massively again in January 2023 …hopefully some updates then
Posted 30th Oct 2022 at 12:20
alcon

Senior User

Location: Glasgow

Registered: 19 Jan 2005

Posts: 931

Status: Offline

Post #3344
Day666 wrote:
eiei0 wrote:
Great work as usual Damien I haven't posted here for ages, struggling for motivation with life never mind my car (it's tucked up in a bubble so will be there for me when I am ready to enjoy it again)

but great to see you working away with upgrade after upgrade,

Keep up the great work fella,


Hi Trevor
Hope your well
Thank you Thumbs up

Totally get what your saying with Motivation Thumbs up
Ive been at that place many times and lack of money and working too hard doesn’t help !!!!!

With my car -I can see light at the end of the tunnel now and i know what direction im finally going and what i want from the car and how i want it to look for the first real time …its sort of accidentally happened lol

Im personally at a point with mine that i need time which i dont have at the moment working 6 days a week with two jobs and so im going to work less end of Jan 2023 on Weekends with my second job and try and get the car to where i can before engine upgrades end of 2023 …fingers crossed

Trevor try and Keep up the Motivation your end as best as you can and only do it when you enjoy it and remember its a extension of your personality

Ill start on mine massively again in January 2023 …hopefully some updates then


It's great to see all of this work going on but also quite worrying when I read of motivation struggles in life....hang on in there chap and reach out to someone if you need to, I hope you can find support if required. I'm a long time member on here, infrequent poster but frequent lingerer! I too am very deep into a full Rallye restoration but I have never posted anything about it as I see this forum as a dwindling audience. Then I see your posts Damien and I realise there's still guys beavering away in the background and totally passionate about their work. And this, trust me, gives us all inspiration and confidence to carry on, be it our car projects or maybe even something more general in life. I certainly have struggled at times finding the inspiration to carry on with my project, especially when you're staring at a rusty shell that you've stripped and wonder what now. But then you kick yourself into gear and get a bit more done, read some posts on here of guys in similar situations or maybe read up on someone who is further on than you and that has given me the boost to push on. Then when it starts coming together it makes you want to push even further.

So keep at it guys, keep up the amazing work and please keep posting on here, because believe me, it really helps a lot of us out here. If I knew I had helped just one person I'd be very proud of that.

Alistair

________________________________________

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 30th Oct 2022 at 20:04
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3345
alcon wrote:
Day666 wrote:
eiei0 wrote:
Great work as usual Damien I haven't posted here for ages, struggling for motivation with life never mind my car (it's tucked up in a bubble so will be there for me when I am ready to enjoy it again)

but great to see you working away with upgrade after upgrade,

Keep up the great work fella,


Hi Trevor
Hope your well
Thank you Thumbs up

Totally get what your saying with Motivation Thumbs up
Ive been at that place many times and lack of money and working too hard doesn’t help !!!!!

With my car -I can see light at the end of the tunnel now and i know what direction im finally going and what i want from the car and how i want it to look for the first real time …its sort of accidentally happened lol

Im personally at a point with mine that i need time which i dont have at the moment working 6 days a week with two jobs and so im going to work less end of Jan 2023 on Weekends with my second job and try and get the car to where i can before engine upgrades end of 2023 …fingers crossed

Trevor try and Keep up the Motivation your end as best as you can and only do it when you enjoy it and remember its a extension of your personality

Ill start on mine massively again in January 2023 …hopefully some updates then


It's great to see all of this work going on but also quite worrying when I read of motivation struggles in life....hang on in there chap and reach out to someone if you need to, I hope you can find support if required. I'm a long time member on here, infrequent poster but frequent lingerer! I too am very deep into a full Rallye restoration but I have never posted anything about it as I see this forum as a dwindling audience. Then I see your posts Damien and I realise there's still guys beavering away in the background and totally passionate about their work. And this, trust me, gives us all inspiration and confidence to carry on, be it our car projects or maybe even something more general in life. I certainly have struggled at times finding the inspiration to carry on with my project, especially when you're staring at a rusty shell that you've stripped and wonder what now. But then you kick yourself into gear and get a bit more done, read some posts on here of guys in similar situations or maybe read up on someone who is further on than you and that has given me the boost to push on. Then when it starts coming together it makes you want to push even further.

So keep at it guys, keep up the amazing work and please keep posting on here, because believe me, it really helps a lot of us out here. If I knew I had helped just one person I'd be very proud of that.

Alistair


Massive thankyou Alistair
Im aware my build isnt to everyones taste but hopefully it gives people something different to look at and even enjoy and laugh at make you smile
Finding Time is my struggle at mo !!!!

Thank you again x
Posted 3rd Nov 2022 at 20:27
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3346
Great news for me personally Thumbs up

Because of Covid and building the workshop ive been very slow on my 6 build sadly

(Yesterday) after 3years of waiting and asking …..i got some great news which will give me the push to start again and finally i can see light at the end of the tunnel now

Sandy Brown my Engine builder sent me a text that he wants my engine in (April this year) thank god…(finally) it gets a refresh and upgrade it to Aid better fine tuning capabilities and also remove the oil pump for Dry sump fitment

We are going Sequencial injection on 8 injectors and coil on plug etc etc and will be running the latest DTA 8 plus ECU capable of lots of fancy tricks i dont really need but will be great to have like lol

A complete new engine and car loom will be made also

I will have

Fly by wire Jenvey throttle controller
Paddle shift controller for my Sequencial gearbox
Flat shift controller
Twin Bosch lamba controllers
Launch control

Now im just looking forward to starting working on the car again bring on 2023
Posted 8th Jan 2023 at 16:18
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bucks

Registered: 25 Feb 2007

Posts: 2,437

Status: Offline

Post #3347
Great to hear, love seeing the updates 👍
Posted 7th Jan 2023 at 19:34
ben306

Seasoned Pro

Location: North West

Registered: 17 Jan 2006

Posts: 2,926

Status: Offline

Post #3348
Sounds like theres going to be a right jump in progress early this year then. Keep the updates coming

________________________________________

My 306 Rallye Project Thread

Few recent Youtube track videos, more on my channel
Pair of Rallye's doing a few laps of Anglesey


Lap of Anglesey Coastal

3 sisters circuit

Few laps at Blyton
Posted 10th Jan 2023 at 07:14
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Location: Bristol

Registered: 20 Apr 2013

Posts: 5,206

Status: Offline

Post #3349
Thank you guys Thumbs up

Well some more good news apart from Sandy having my engine in April this year

I got Married on the quiet and cheap on Monday 9th just the Registry office and 6 of us inc my Son who came over from the US with his girlfriend went and had 12oz steaks and it was perfect Love

Just thought that might explain when ive said i had alot going on LOL

And guess what my wedding rings made of ?…sad i know Crazy




Posted 23rd Sep 2023 at 17:05
Joep

Regular

Location: Urmond (The Netherlands)

Registered: 19 Sep 2013

Posts: 463

Status: Offline

Post #3350
Congratulations! That sounds like a great start of a new year!

And I guess the wedding ring is made of a material starting with a T?

________________________________________

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 15th Jan 2023 at 06:52

Pages (137): first .. 133 [134] 135 .. last

All times are GMT. The time is now 04:33

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club - ©2024 all rights reserved.

Please Note: The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy.