displaying posts 51 to 75 of 183

Pages (8): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: jorg's Rally Project v2.1
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
I have the same inlet on mine which is why im curious lol mines with iirc 90mm trumpets so just wondering if it was for any particular reason I.e for torque or bhp etc
Posted 12th Apr 2013 at 20:54
devere

Senior User

Post #52
blandy wrote:
I have the same inlet on mine which is why im curious lol mines with iirc 90mm trumpets so just wondering if it was for any particular reason I.e for torque or bhp etc

Are they trumpets supplied by colin though? I have also been running the standard length inlet with the 90mm l ong jenvey trumpets. And as Geoff said, I was supplied the shorter ones like in the previous photos to match the new inlet.

Colin enquired as to the legth of the bodies themselves, for example 118mm I believe some are. He then uses that length, and the length of the new inlet manifold to determine the required trumpet length for optimum overall tract length...
Posted 13th Apr 2013 at 13:18
jorg

Senior User

Post #53
well I tried and failed to get the bolt removed from the alloy spacer so I have taken Jim up on his kind offer to sort it out for me. I may have found a short term replacement in the form of the solid rear engine mount I got off Phillip the other week.

I tried it on the spare arm I have and it fits perfect, the only issue is its 7mm smaller than the original but that should be a massive problem.

and my sump guard turned up too so I am having a much better day than yesterday!

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 13th Apr 2013 at 14:51
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #54
Big washers FTW

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 13th Apr 2013 at 15:07
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 13th Apr 2013 at 15:27
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
devere wrote:
blandy wrote:

Are they trumpets supplied by colin though? I have also been running the standard length inlet with the 90mm l ong jenvey trumpets. And as Geoff said, I was supplied the shorter ones like in the previous photos to match the new inlet.

Colin enquired as to the legth of the bodies themselves, for example 118mm I believe some are. He then uses that length, and the length of the new inlet manifold to determine the required trumpet length for optimum overall tract length...

No my set up was supplied and fitted by miles. Mine seems fine and made good results on the rollers but was just wondering what the difference is between the smaller ones
Posted 13th Apr 2013 at 16:54
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #57
Spacer fixed...

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 15th Apr 2013 at 13:29
jorg

Senior User

Post #58
excellent stuff, thanks Jim Thumbs up

I have spent the morning removing the old arms from my vts rack and giving it a bit of a clean before I put the new bits on tomorrow. After lunch I popped down the garage to strip down the subframe ready for the roller bearing wishbones and rack. I do have a seam welded subframe in the works but if I want to get the car rolling in the next few weeks I will have to use this one for now and swop it all other at a later date. I am on lates this week so hope to do a few hours work on the car each day before I start work. everything little bit helps at the moment!

Posted 15th Apr 2013 at 15:47
jorg

Senior User

Post #59
the alloy spacer arrived back safe and sound, have to say a big thanks to Jim for sorting it out so quickly. I popped it in the post late saturday morning and it was back with me on tuesday (well sort of, missed the post and had to wait 48 hours to pick it up Sad )

tomorrow I will be making the adjustments required so it sits flush with the engine arm and hopefully avoid the same problem happening again. As both arms were looking a bit manky I decided to rub down the one I was going to use and give it a lick of paint.

Today I wanted to fit the solid gearbox mount I picked up from Andre (306 Rxs) this meant I had to cut away part of the lip on the nearside inner wing, not an easy task in a garage with no electricity. I charged the batteries for the cordless angle grinder and made my way down to the car. Well the w**ky batteries lasted less then 5 minutes but I did manage to cut the sides and bend the lip back using a hammer. I need to go back down with a dremel and sort it out properly.

I need to enlarge the holes on it slighty and try and get some new bolts, does anyone know what size bolts are used to secure the gearbox mount tray? I get the feeling they will be a weird size Sad

Also arriving this week was my new injectors for the throttle bodies, I had planned on getting two used sets and send them off to be cleaned up but these brand new ones popped up at a good price so snapped them up.

just placed an order for some brake bits from Alex at Torques.co.uk as I hope to fit my new brake lines over the weekend. also I have asked Stew at BBM to knock me up a lower fork bush Thumbs up

Posted 1st May 2013 at 20:19
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #60
the gearbox bracket bolts are just standard M8 thread with captive washers, 6928 78, they're a quid each roughly.

I'd be weary of cheap fuel bits as there has been a spate of dodgy chinese copies.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 1st May 2013 at 20:36
jorg

Senior User

Post #61
I tried another M8 bolt but it didn't want to work, will get the threads cleaned up and see how I get on. Hopefully the injectors are the real deal, I had read about copies doing the rounds, that is why I was going to get some used ones refurbed. Only time will tell I suppose.

Posted 1st May 2013 at 20:43
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
Cheap enough to have those checked if you're not sure anyway.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 1st May 2013 at 20:47
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
welshpug! wrote:

I'd be weary of cheap fuel bits as there has been a spate of dodgy chinese copies.

I just received a Bosch FPR ordered from USA that has 'made in China' etched on it Angry

Some threads on the net claim that Bosch have started manufacturing in China, but I'd rather have the 'made in Germany' stamp like the image showed

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 2nd May 2013 at 08:44
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #64
clen666 wrote:
welshpug! wrote:

I just received a Bosch FPR ordered from USA that has 'made in China' etched on it Angry

Some threads on the net claim that Bosch have started manufacturing in China, but I'd rather have the 'made in Germany' stamp like the image showed

Pretty sure you have to state if the part for sale differs from the image shown. "Image is for illustration purposes only" is the usual line they trot out.

Harness bars
Posted 2nd May 2013 at 09:29
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
It actually says 'part pictured is of actual part' which it clearly isn't.

I would have sent it back but when I read that others had used them with no issue I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, had I known there are copies knocking about then I would have

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 2nd May 2013 at 09:35
jorg

Senior User

Post #66
After all the talk of dodgy fuel injectors doing the rounds I have decided to send all 8 to the Mad Professor on the 205GTiDrivers forum for testing. Would rather spend £40 now than waste a potential £400 at the mapping stage if injectors are not what they are supposed to be.

I have trimmed down the alloy spacer so the engine mount arm will sit flush, it took two attempts but I think it is finally done. I will look into getting a new one made up but for now it will do. (pic to follow)

I spent this morning attacking the offside strut top in preparation for the Russian Guy adjustable top mounts I have. It needs tidying up and some paint but I am quite pleased with the outcome.

I went back down this afternoon to do the nearside but the battery ran out before I could finish Sad

Posted 3rd May 2013 at 15:45
jorg

Senior User

Post #67
I have attacked the car once again with the dremel and finished the nearside strut top, again needs tidying up like the offside. also decided to remove the lip so the gearbox tray/mount can sit properly, which it now does Smile

I have decided to take all the wiring off and strip it all to the bare minimum. Started with the engine bay loom which was pretty easy, then I had to get the dashboard out which was a royal pain in the arse.

while I have the dash and seats out I may also tackle the roof vent but I am not sure Hmm

Posted 6th May 2013 at 16:49
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #68
Be sure to weld that lip back up, you've removed a lot of strength there as effectively it's no longer a box section. And if you decide not to fit the roof vent I'll buy it off you Smile

Harness bars
Posted 7th May 2013 at 09:33
jorg

Senior User

Post #69
Cheers for the tip Jim, I will add it to the list of things to be done Thumbs up the roof vent will be fitted over the weekend if my cutting discs arrive in time. Not looking forward to making that first cut though No

spent the last two days sorting the engine bay and dash wiring. I never liked the positioning of the 306 fuse board as I was always knocking it with my foot when getting in and out of the car, managed to re-arrange the loom so now it sits in the centre, much better Yes

between both looms I stripped around 3kg of weight, which is a nice little saving. still have a few wires to sort out but will do that tomorrow. engine bay loom tidied up and waiting to be refitted.

Posted 8th May 2013 at 17:52
devere

Senior User

Post #70
Looking like good progress there Geoff.

Good luck with the roof vent, I don't blame you for being fearful of the first cut! I had to compose myself before I went in for the kill...

Just make sure the cutting disc doesn't grab and skid off across the roof when you first take aim! haha.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 21:47
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #71
devere wrote:
Good luck with the roof vent, I don't blame you for being fearful of the first cut! I had to compose myself before I went in for the kill...

Pah! That's nothing Wink try this...

It does get the old starfish twitching when you do something drastic to your pride and joy though.

Harness bars
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:33
jorg

Senior User

Post #72
As the dashboard is out I have started looking into the bulkhead fittings for the fuel and brake lines. Now I will admit that some of the brake lines may not be the perfect size as I had them made up for the 205 but after spending so much money on them I will have to improvise. I am just waiting on some brake lines from Speedflow to finish off the engine bay which will hopefully arrive tomorrow morning. I have also started fitting the micro heater I bought from T7 design. The narrow spaced bulkhead adaptor I got from them fits perfectly into the original heater matrix holes so I didn't need to cut or drill anything! Thumbs up

I am not happy with what I did with the fuel lines and adaptors so will be redoing them tomorrow. Need to turn both the 90 degree bulkhead adaptors around and fit straight fittings to the lines instead of the 45 degree ones. the length of the hoses looks about right though Smile

also the injectors arrived back from testing, only sent them off tuesday afternoon and have them back already. looks like they are the real deal but having said that I haven't really got a f**king clue what it all means! LOL

Posted 9th May 2013 at 16:55
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
Bloody good work on the loom! I want someone to re-do mine but I darent/wont do it myself.

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 9th May 2013 at 23:42
jorg

Senior User

Post #74
I haven't done much in the last month as I have been doing bits and pieces away from the car. A weekend off with some good weather resulted in this lot:

engine and gearbox have been fitted

4-2-1 exhaust manifold bolted on

and I now have a sunroof!

the holes needs slighty enlarging and cleaning up but it doesn't look too bad

if I can find the energy before I go back to work I will get the subframe back ready for the suspension to go on next weekend.

Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 10:13
Takedown

Senior User

Post #75
looking good mate!!!

love the roofvent
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 14:05

Pages (8): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last