I've not updated this for a while as i havent actually been doing a great deal to the car, weathers been crap and i've been very busy with other stuff, but plenty of enquiring and ordering has been going on.
I've got the engine setup on the stand at work so i can now spend an hour or so a day stripping it down, i have 9 days leave left so i may use some and get a decent amount of time on it.
It was pretty simple to make, a bit of 20x3mm flat, one cut to approx 100mm long with a hole each end, another approx 280mm long with a hole at one end, and another hole approx 80mm in.
I just used an M6 bolt to hold the two together, all holes were drilled 6.8mm dia as it was the first stub drill i found lying around
I different M6 bolts to the ones already on the pulley as they originals werent really long enough and i didnt want to put un-necessary strain on them bolts or the pulley hub.
This tool worked nicely to help just loosen the pulley securing bolt.
I went a bit ebay mad last night and ordered loads of stainless cap screws for the cam covers, coil packs, coil pack cover etc.
Also got an FIA killswitch with resistor etc for the billy bargain price of £15.15 delivered from ebay
I ordered some heat reflective mat which i am going to attach to the original exhaust manifold heatshield, the original has started to fall apart, i'm also bidding on some heat wrap which will hopefully go cheap, i can then heat wrap the rest of the exhaust manifold.
I've fitted my new alloy crank pulley to help with the timing, i didnt want to risk the old rubber pulley. Thanks to Rich for this
I've also got an uprated headgasket and head bolts, engine gasket kit, and a few other bits on order from Rich, they should be with me some time next week all being well.
Once i have the head off i have been quoted ~£210 to have the head skimmed, valves re seated, pressure tested and all cleaned etc, the company has been recommended to me by many people, all in-the-know so i'm going to go with that, all i've heard is good reports about them.
I'm wanting to get rid of the ABS to save weight and tidy up the engine bay a bit, after a couple of PM's to Rikky who has been very helpful i now have a simple schematic of how i intend to run my brake lines.
As far as i know the master cylinder and brake callipers are 10x1mm thread. The wilwood brake bias valve is 1/8" NPT.
I will be running the solid lines under the car, then come up through the floor with the braided lines to the bias valve then back down underneath with braided lines connecting to the solid lines to the rear callipers.
Thanks Rikky for your help
Last weekend i made a start on removing the dash, just to get rid of all un-necessary wiring and anything else that can be removed really.
I'm going to keep the heater matrix for now, i'm on a bit of a budget financially and time wise as i want the car back on the road for FCS, and hopefully my annual trip to the 'ring a couple of weeks after FCS
Matt (Cooper666) has been very helpful with my progress so far so a big
from me, cheers mate.
________________________________________Goldie the track car.