I thought i'd start a project thread on my blaze gti6 that i bought a couple of weeks ago with the intention of turning it into a track car.
I caught the contagious trackday bug a while ago and it just seems to be getting worse and worse so i wanted to get a dedicated car so i could keep my diablo a sensible daily driver.
After a bit of saving up i decided to go for a non runner as they are cheaper and it saves one from being broken for spares.
Here it is:
IMG_0322 by Steve Count, on Flickr
The problem; headgasket failure.
(Amongst other things like being too low and blaze )
The worrying thing is that this was someones 'fix' to stop the coolant from coming out of the overflow pipe:
IMG_0436 by Steve Count, on Flickr
I think i might have found the reason for the HG failure.
Anywho, back to the stripping, i got most of the interior out, spare wheel and carrier off, radiator and air conditioning radiator off, battery box and ecu off, exhaust off and my KW V2's on:
The car has been a bit unloved in the past with a few bodge job fixes, hopefully all that is going to get resolved over the coming years.
I still have a load of goodies in my room waiting for fitment, mostly suspension related and a billet flywheel.
I'm renting Fletch's engine crane this weekend all being well so will whip the engine out to make working on it easier and allow me to spruce up the engine bay.
I think i might re-paint the bay matt black and the engine orange.
I have to say a big thank you to birk for helping me get the car home.
________________________________________Goldie the track car.