displaying posts 76 to 100 of 149

Pages (6): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: Modified inlet manifold (Now fitted)
306andy

Senior User

Post #76
Finally fitted the fannymould this morning inc new injectors + seals, gasket(s)...

Hmmm to be perfectly honest its not as good as i expected. It revs nicely and has still kept its progressiveness (i expected it to be all or nothing), BUT it feels slower, like i've lost a few horses and a shed load of torque....until it gets to 4500rpm and it goes mental! The sound! The acceleration! WOW!

I think a remap is in order to correct the fuelling somewhat as it seems to under-fuel below 4k

TEAM 205 GTi-5
TEAM Phase 1 GTi-6

xbox Live tag: SilverGTi6
Posted 20th Oct 2008 at 18:21
paul_gti6_uk

Seasoned Pro

Post #77
You have to be careful though. It may only feel faster at 4500rpm because it feels so crap low down. I fudged around with an airgbox on one of my first sport bikes and this happened. It felt faster higher up the rev range but it turned out only because the bottom end was so poor.

Like you say though hopefully a remap would help sort it out. The lack of trumpets may be what is effecting the torque. As I said before I know the size and length of trumpets in motorbike airboxs effect torque a fair amount. Do you think it would be better to have a bigger rad leading into each air inlet that goes towards the engine?

Has anyone actually butchered a longmans to see what it looks like inside? It would be interesting to know for sure.

China Blue 306GTI-6 Big grin Ph3

Team Now Bikeless Sad
Posted 20th Oct 2008 at 18:52
xsimoss

Regular

Post #78
paul_gti6_uk wrote:
You have to be careful though. It may only feel faster at 4500rpm because it feels so crap low down. I fudged around with an airgbox on one of my first sport bikes and this happened. It felt faster higher up the rev range but it turned out only because the bottom end was so poor.

Like you say though hopefully a remap would help sort it out. The lack of trumpets may be what is effecting the torque. As I said before I know the size and length of trumpets in motorbike airboxs effect torque a fair amount. Do you think it would be better to have a bigger rad leading into each air inlet that goes towards the engine?

Has anyone actually butchered a longmans to see what it looks like inside? It would be interesting to know for sure.

Got to agree on this one. I think thats what has happened to mine. I'd like to think that a remap would sort it out, but I'm not convinced and don't want to waste 400 note finding ouit, lol.

Gti6 running gear, Pug performance inlet cam, 4-1 ex/man, Modified in/man, decat, Magnex centre/back, cone air filter, AVO Coilovers, EBC grooved discs and mintex 1155s, stripped out interior, Oil Cooler, 17" rotas

BUY IT, WRECK IT, BIN IT!
Posted 21st Oct 2008 at 00:55
xsimoss

Regular

Post #79
xsimoss wrote:
paul_gti6_uk wrote:

Got to agree on this one. I think thats what has happened to mine. I'd like to think that a remap would sort it out, but I'm not convinced and don't want to waste 400 notes finding out, lol

Gti6 running gear, Pug performance inlet cam, 4-1 ex/man, Modified in/man, decat, Magnex centre/back, cone air filter, AVO Coilovers, EBC grooved discs and mintex 1155s, stripped out interior, Oil Cooler, 17" rotas

Posted 21st Oct 2008 at 10:50
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #80
Got my extended die grinder today and went nuts polishing the runners up inside. Fingers crossed when it goes bck on it won't be a ton of shite! I also cut the end of the manifold of too so iI can put a flat plate on the end so the airflow into the last runner is as smooth as all the others. Hopefully get you guys some pictures tomorrow. What does a car with the longmans manifold feel like to drive? Is it all peaky power dalivery with no bottom end then?

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 21st Oct 2008 at 06:51
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #81
Nearly there on this now, just got the end cap to make, weld it all on and then it's time to get busy with the spanners!Big grin

Can't wait to bolt it on and give it some beans!

Cool

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 01:14
george23

Regular

Post #82
Hi, bit of a highjack i suppose, but does anyone know the size of the opening into the main inlet chamber? This one i mean!

george23 has attached the following image:

Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 02:03
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #83
65mm I think, can confirm that tomorrow though.

Harness bars
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 02:06
xsimoss

Regular

Post #84
Keep the news coming mate, I love this stuff!

Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 02:10
george23

Regular

Post #85
Cheers daveyboy, il have to work out a way to bore that out as well then!
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 02:12
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #86
Whatever it is, it's the same size as the throttle body (obviously lol)

Harness bars
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 02:28
george23

Regular

Post #87
Il definately have to find a way of boring it out then! As im making an oversize throttle body, about 69.9mm!
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 02:34
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #88
Hmm very interested in this. I would be very worried about reducing the trumpet length as it should reduce mid range torque i'd have thought.

There was quite a bit of info on the 205 drivers about TB trumpet lengths against power/torque on Mi16 ally engines. Wonder if anything can be taken across?

Nothing to see here
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 02:45
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
I iwas guna get the manifold opening bored out to the same size of the TB ive had done by george, no point though i think, cars getting supercharged in a month Smile

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 03:41
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
I'm interested in seeing what happens with these. I would get a spare and machine it myself if I had time before the psooc RR day at powerstation. I know what my car makes on those rollers (been there twice now).

Nothing to see here
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 03:49
puglover Banned!

Post #91
when i ran mine i had it setup with bored thottle body to match and an FSE boost valve.

Something worked. It was far more free revving than standard. Scared the shite out of a mate when i put my foot down for first time LOL

Couldnt find anything wrong with it engine was really snappy from the second i touched the throttle but sold the exact same setup to Gtisid and his engine ran like shite with the boost valve but gave his engine circa 18hp after remap although his head was ported and larger valves put in so gagging for the extra air flow i reckon.
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 04:06
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #92
My engine is stock,apart from a filter, decat and a scorpion cat-back system. So hopefully this should add a little bite to the car.

Harness bars
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 04:20
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
Had any joys yet on the power figure, gain or loss? Looks ace and you have put a hell of a lot of hard work into it. Well done!

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 22:12
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #94
Nah, no time to work on it today, still in the same state it was in the pictures. Hopefully on before next week.

Harness bars
Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 23:14
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #95
You had it rollered yet then?
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 01:05
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #96
Nope, not yet, Saturday maybe. Scared as hell they are gonna say "137bhp at the flywheel mate"
LOL

Harness bars
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 01:40
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
I will actually laugh out loud, but if you go let me know
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 02:08
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #98
Thanks buddy, you're all heart!

Harness bars
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 02:13
steve h gti-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
So looking forward to the results. Hope it all works out and you get a good result. Did you use this rolling road to get a figure before hand?

"Gotta Love The 6"

According to my wife i think the 6 is the fastest car in the world, perhaps she is right LoL !
Posted 23rd Oct 2008 at 21:33
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #100
The car is going on the rollers tomorrow, fingers crossed it won't de too bad. Has got 111,000 miles on it now thoughUnsure

Harness bars
Posted 24th Oct 2008 at 00:01

Pages (6): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last