chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #576
It gives ventilation
Posted 6th Feb 2011 at 09:40
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #577
So as I had no work today I thought I would get on and get some more done.

Firt thing was to remove all the clamps and both parts of the vent are stuck solid.

I then set about shaping the front of the top vent to the top of the screen and it come out really well, I removed all the exess tiger seal and rubbed down the vent ready for painting.

I decided I am going to paint up to the actual vent and leave the rest carbon, but will give it an extra coat of laquer.

and its actually pretty central which is always good

After that I turned my attentions to the dash.

My new DA got a serious baptism today and worked really well.
Just a little bit more filler and the dash will be done.

I brought an OMP strut brace cheap a while back and it needs painting as has gone rusty in a few places so we went from this

to this

I brought some coarse cleaning fleeces that go on the angle grinder and they are brilliant, they remove the paint but leave the metal untouched.

Posted 10th Feb 2011 at 02:12
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #578
I also fitted the battery box and the oil catch tank.
Posted 10th Feb 2011 at 02:14
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #579
Sorry I havent updated for a while, I have just been doing boring prep really ready for it to be painted.

First off I had to drop the rear beam so I could start to under seal the back of the car.

Now the cage is in I cant get a socket on the nut to drop the beam but was a simple work around.

and its useful to get a telescopic magnet as getting the washers etc out is impossible without.

I got some under seal on and it came out pretty good.

and just a few of the cage

I have brought rods so next month the block and crank etc will go off and be machined and balanced.
Posted 13th Mar 2011 at 00:57
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #580
Not done much this weekend but I did receive these beauties last weekend :smile

I did try and fit my snap off boss to my steering wheel yesterday, but the spacer centre is slightly too small so I need to find a person with a lathe and get it sorted.
Posted 20th Mar 2011 at 17:08
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #581
That's what files are for Razz

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 20th Mar 2011 at 17:47
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #582
I was thinking that, however if I do that there wont be enough materiall left on the spacer, i need a shoulder cut into it
Posted 20th Mar 2011 at 17:48
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #583
Well after taking Phillips advice I now have a spacer that fits the horn in the middle Big grin
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 21:02
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #584
LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 21:29
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #585
Did you beat it in with a six pound sledge?

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 21st Mar 2011 at 22:28
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #586
not a hammer in sight, just a round file Big grin
Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 01:28
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #587
Right I best update this then as haven't since March.

I have just been doing prep work really on the shell to get it ready for painting. Will get some pics up when its all done just before we put the paint on.
Have also been buying bits and pieces for her.
Got A PhillipM lower brace finally LOL.
I have an OMP strut brace for the front too, not sure how much it will do with all the seam welding that's been done, but cant do any harm.
I have the block paint now also which will go on once the engine block is machined.
I have also decided to completely rewire the car, and fit an after market ECU Rich runs a DTA s60 so I will do the same, it just makes more sense incase I want a bigger charger or anything in the future.
Also ordered the heated front screen yesterday so hopefully will get that this week and all in one piece (please royal mail).
Most of the car in now under sealed, the boot floor is done(underneath of course), the 2 rear arches are done and so it the front drivers, just the passenger front to do and the under body. then will fit my heat shield sticky on stuff to the tunnel.
I will keep the alloy heat shield that goes on last to protect the gear linkage, but all the others are being binned to save weight and the stick on stuff used instead, so will have some on the tank too, still unsure what to do with at the very back with the heat shield, probably wont decide on that until after the exhaust is made.
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 02:02
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #588
chris with a pug wrote:
Right I best update this then as haven't since March.

I have just been doing prep work really on the shell to get it ready for painting. Will get some pics up when its all done just before we put the paint on.
Have also been buying bits and pieces for her.
Got A PhillipM lower brace finally LOL.
I have an OMP strut brace for the front too, not sure how much it will do with all the seam welding that's been done, but cant do any harm.
I have the block paint now also which will go on once the engine block is machined.
I have also decided to completely rewire the car, and fit an after market ECU Rich runs a DTA s60 so I will do the same, it just makes more sense incase I want a bigger charger or anything in the future.
Also ordered the heated front screen yesterday so hopefully will get that this week and all in one piece (please royal mail).
Most of the car in now under sealed, the boot floor is done(underneath of course), the 2 rear arches are done and so it the front drivers, just the passenger front to do and the under body. then will fit my heat shield sticky on stuff to the tunnel.
I will keep the alloy heat shield that goes on last to protect the gear linkage, but all the others are being binned to save weight and the stick on stuff used instead, so will have some on the tank too, still unsure what to do with at the very back with the heat shield, probably wont decide on that until after the exhaust is made.

You won't need any heat shielding on the boot floor unless you plan to mount a silencer really close to it.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 18:07
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #589
will have to see when the exshaust is done. with the ceramic coating might be ok.
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 23:15
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #590
chris with a pug wrote:
will have to see when the exshaust is done. with the ceramic coating might be ok.

Speeling Police say: Exhaust! Razz

Harness bars
Posted 5th Jul 2011 at 23:56
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #591
LOL I was not on my computer so couldn't do the spell check
Posted 6th Jul 2011 at 01:27
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #592
chris with a pug wrote:
LOL I was not on my computer so couldn't do the spell check

You alwaya spell it that way LOL

Harness bars
Posted 6th Jul 2011 at 05:38
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #593
Better than 'alwaya' Razz

Email me!
Posted 6th Jul 2011 at 05:57
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #594
phillipm wrote:
Better than 'alwaya' Razz

bo***cks! LOL

Harness bars
Posted 6th Jul 2011 at 06:07
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #595
Right, time for an update.

Not really done much on the car the last few months, well up until the beginning of Dec. I then started the tedious job of preping the body ready for paint.
One word of advise (I decided to ignore this advice from another member), DON'T LET YOUR CAGE RUST, a proper pain the the arse to get it all off but I did it. Today the shell all got primered, and here are some pics.

Here is Dave.

A pic of him doing his thing

Here is a before

and a few of it all primered

One big head ache is that the paint reacted in the engine bay with the old paint, so will have to be stripped back to bare metal and fixed, this is my job for tomorrow.

The plan is to get the whole car flatted this week, then masked up and the cage painted along with the other bits of primer that needs doing, then the colour some time after that with a bit of luck.

Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 17:22
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #596
Looking good, what colour you going for?

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 17:40
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #597
Bright orange, there is a sample a few pages back
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 17:41
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #598
Cant beleave this project still going on mate get a wiggle on Wink

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 18th Dec 2011 at 17:53
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #599
So had a fairly busy week on Puggy this week, first job was to strip all the reacted paint off the engine bay, it was such a shit job but after 2 days I ended up with this.

Today it got primered but I forgot to take a picture of that.

I also started to flat the car.

We painted the cage today and it came out really well am really happy with it, even if we did run out of paint half way through, but a quick trip to Halfords soon sorted that.

Some without the masking on

We also re lacquered the scoop as the finish was pants, and it came out great.

I am going to get drunk tonight, but she is all tucked up now will get the car wet flatted this week, Saturday I will mask the cage up then the orange goes on Sunday.

Posted 31st Dec 2011 at 16:36
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #600
Good work there I like it

www.pugsport-racing.co.uk
Posted 31st Dec 2011 at 16:54

Pages (26): first .. 23 [24] 25 .. last