displaying posts 1 to 25 of 87

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: Guaging interest, all my race car parts.
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #1
Looks like I've found a house to move to, it's perfect in every way except for lack of garage space. It has a single garage, but you can't work on a car in it, and I'm not wheeling a project in and out every time I want to use the garage. I've had a visit from a planning officer and he says no way in hell am I going to get permission to extend the garage I have so no chance of a home workshop. With that in mind it think it's time to get real and admit I'm not going to finish the car, or even start on it again for that matter if I don't have somewhere to do it. So here is the list of everything I have for it. I'll put up some prices later and we can see who is interested in what?

£1000 Bianca shell, caged by X-Sport Racing, modified by me to allow fitment of a fuel cell, also added a curved dash bar, currently not painted inside fully but can be finished off if the price is agreeable. Perspex rear quarter windows, tailgate restrained by spring catches, heated screen, seat bars both sides, gusseted cage at A and B pillars, door bars gusseted too. Doors have carbon cards and the insides cut out.

New 330mm Ash big brake kit, mounting brackets and extended braided lines ally bells, used Megane radially mounted callipers. £250 Fitting kit £150 Discs £250 Calipers

12x Brand new Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17" wheels in correct offset, correct centre-bore (no plastic spigot rings to melt) £120 each.

£500 Michelin wets, 1 set new, 2 sets of runners

£650 Stack digi-dash and loom, includes wheel speed sensor and various pressure/temperature sensors

£700 New Omex 710 ECU with CD and manual (will support 8 injectors)

£650 New Jenvey ITB 48mm tapered bodies with linkage and two fuel rails

£190 Custom fabricated inlet with flanges to suit ITBs

£200 Box load of NEW AN-6, -8 and -12 aero style fittings for plumbing fuel and oil, some hose included -6 and -12.

£150 maniflow exhaust manifold (pipes and flange only, not welded up yet)

£300 Brian Ashley full decat exhaust 2.5" system.

New big end and crankshaft bearings

£90.00 New Lynx head gasket

New crankshaft seal kit

£30.00 New head bolts

£10.00 New exhaust studs and copper coated nuts

5.00 New inlet gasket

£5.00 New exhaust gasket

£30.00 New Cam belt kit

£5.00 New main bearing seal rubbers

£5.00 Graphogen

£220 New 6 pint Accusump

£15 New thermostatically operated oil filter housing

£60 2 Litre MOCAL oil catch tank with weld on AN-10 male fittings

£100.00 New Laminova water/oil cooler -12 oil tees 35mm water inlet/outlets

£450.00 New Wossner 12.5:1 high comp pistons, first overbore 65.5? will check)

£50 Ally fuel swirl pot, -8 outlet, -6 return and overflow.

£2400 Guy Croft prepared head, skimmed, solid lifter fitted and shimmed, Piper race cams fitted and timed, Piper vernier pulleys, gas flowed, valve seats three angle cut and ne valves background and lapped, no expense spared, beautiful job.

Cam timing degree wheel

£40.00 each 2x New Bosch fuel pumps

£750.00 New Saenz rods with ARP bolts

£80.00 Balanced crank

£200.00 Block decked and bored by Owslebury Crankshafts

£275 Corbeau Revolution seat (will check the date)

£30.00 each 2x Sabelt 6 pint harnesses red, out of date but in good condition for track car.

£20.00 New LED rain light

£200.00 New but out of test date Lifeline electrical fire extinguisher system, control box and plumbing kit

£50 OMP strut brace, tatty but functional

£130 Neg camber front hubs

£450 GAZ Gold coilover kit and spare front springs (will get weights etc)

£200 Seam welded and powder coated sub-frame, custom 25mm front anti roll bar on hardened rubber mounts (mold included for replacement ARB bushes.) £80 for the subframe on it's own

£700 Neg camber rear beam, rebuilt by Miles, probably done less than 500 miles before being laid up, 3 degree neg , 1 degree toe in 30mm ARB, 25mm torsion bars, solid mounts (probably Baker BM, will check)

£90 New Oddessy race battery

£50 Carbon fibre battery box

£100 Dash with carbon inserts switches for lights, wipers, rain light, ignition, kill switch, fire extinguisher, fuse panel and custom X-Sport loom all sleeved and heatshrinked, beautifully done.

£200 AP rear callipers

£50 Bias valve

-4 stainless/Teflon brake hose plumbed in to vehicle thought.

£80 PAS relocation kit

£170 Lightened flywheel

£50 Solid ally crank pulley

£350 Helix 6 paddle clutch and pressure plate

Cage padding

Masses of bolts, fasteners, hosed, belts etc.

£150 Single skin phase 1 (has the rebate for the lip on the bottom unfortunately) carbon tailgate (NUR)

Included with shell or available separately steel bonnet on 4x pins.

Set of very old Michelin slicks on one set of the wheels, perished sidewalls, not recommended for use.

Probably lots more as I start digging things out of boxes, please don't start spamming the hell out of me with PM's saying I want this and that, I'm busy and I'll make a proper list and add the prices I'd like ASAP but I'm motivated to move it on, I've got nowhere to keep the car soon, and it's not filling up the small garage at the new place so it looks like the end of the line for this project.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 19th Apr 2016 at 13:38
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I'd possibly be interested in the Jenveys and any associated bits such as the ECU.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 17:25
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Jim Pm sent Thumbs up

It's not Jenveys or ECU Luke LOL
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 17:56
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Is there a price for the whole lot?
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:07
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #5
martinh wrote:

You can make an offer, I'm open to suggestions.

Forgot to mention

2x Gearboxes

1x Tran-X plate LSD

1x Aluminium fuel filler neck

1x JAZ foam filled fuel cell, approx. 60 litres

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:12
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Giz a price for the Guy Croft cylinder head and the block if you'd be so good Jim. Thanks

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:17
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
martinh wrote:

Well it's going to be a lot as its a lot of car & if you read Jims project as he says no expense has been spared ....

Problem is nowadays no one wants or has the cash around & is willing to pay for what it's worth ...breaking it pulls in loads more money ...sad but fact Crazy

Shame Jim ...really sad but I'm hoping to get the complete Engine off you so hopefully the heart will live on at least until I can afford Sandys 2.2 in 24 months time UNLESS I won't need to ? Thumbs up
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:24
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #8
I've been looking through the receipts Pete, I forgot it cost me so much. Price is updated for the head, trying to remember what the block set me back.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:20
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
It was never going to be cheap was it! There is no price showing unless I am missing something?

bo***cks, just noticed you're bodies are the individual type as well, been thinking about investing in a set for a while...

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:42
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #10
pete_rallye wrote:
It was never going to be cheap was it! There is no price showing unless I am missing something?

Dunno what happened there, sorted now.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:42
jorg

Senior User

Post #11
£100 Dash with carbon inserts switches for lights, wipers, rain light, ignition, kill switch, fire extinguisher, fuse panel and custom X-Sport loom all sleeved and heatshrinked, beautifully done.

is the custom X-sport loom a full car loom or does it just cover the dash area?

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:57
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #12
It covers most of the car as I recall Jorg.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:58
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
I could be interested in the LSD, depending on price.
Is it new or used?
Any idea on what ramp angles etc it's set to?
Does it include bearings?

Goldie the track car.
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 18:59
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #14
No idea on ramp angles, would've been set for tarmac though not gravel or anything silly, and they are not hard to change. It was new when Paul built the car and I doubt he covered more than 500 miles between finishing it and deciding to break it.
It's actually fitted in one of the gearboxes I have, but no way to tell if Paul fitted new bearings with the diff, I suspect he would though, he seemed quite fastidious with things like that, and it's so easy to fit them at the time it would be a false economy not to.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:03
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
Hmm, well if you do decide to break the car and want rid of the diff, feel free to pm me a price and i'll see where i'm at financially, a diff is certainly needed in mine now. LOL I was going to go for a new 3J item but i could be tempted otherwise Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:05
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #16
I'm still tempted to keep it and do it up on the driveway under a tent, but its where to keep it once it's done? It has to be kept locked up, and that means filling the garage with something that will only see the light of day when I can afford the odd trackday. Seems a bit mad really, but I hate to see how much it's cost me and yet it's never even turned a wheel under it's own steam.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:08
jorg

Senior User

Post #17
daveyboy wrote:
It covers most of the car as I recall Jorg.

I maybe interested then if you do decide to sell Yes

306 2.1 S16 Tarmac Rally Car
Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=143956
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:13
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
What was the reason they gave you for not being allowed to extend /knock down and rebuild a bigger garage?

I got told that I wouldn't be allowed to extend my house.... put planning in, got denied, went out and got letters of support from my neighbours and boom doubled the size of my house...

If the garage is separate and not part of the house you can go pretty big without the need for planning permission.

There is a virtual Internet site showing what you can and can't do
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:22
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
What is the diameter of the ITB's at the exit side of the bodies? I have a horrible feeling I'm going to give you some money in return for your complete ITB setup!

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:29
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #20
I had a planning consultant round Ollie, he told me I had no chance. I was suprised as it has a separate single garage out front already. And a huge drive/forecourt area, I thought it would be a formality but aparently not.

48mm Pete, I think, will get back to you.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:36
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #21
Got a link to the website Ollie? And I'd love a chat about the what you have to do to overturn a planning refusal of you have five mins to spare sometime?

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:38
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
Jenveys site says the tapered bore bodies will be 48mm butterfly, i've no idea how tapered they are though and can't find any information on it. I assume the taper is fairly gentle and there not like 44mm or anything on the exit?

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:38
gti-16

Junior User

Post #23
PM Sent
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:43
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #24
It's a 5 degree taper, 2.5 a side I think. 48 is the entry not exit diameter if I recall. Will have to unbolt one from the stack to check. Unless I can get a set of inside csliper a down the trumpet, will get back to you.

Harness bars
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 19:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
No local council garages knocking around for rent?

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 16th Apr 2016 at 20:00

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 .. last