displaying posts 1376 to 1400 of 3418

Pages (137): first .. 55 [56] 57 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Maxirallye

Post #1376
Chr1sch wrote:
Integrale rear arches...carbon ones....

I can get you complete plus 50mm rear quarters to match if you really want to go that route Damien?
Posted 4th Aug 2017 at 21:12
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1377
Maxirallye wrote:
Chr1sch wrote:
Integrale rear arches...carbon ones....

I can get you complete plus 50mm rear quarters to match if you really want to go that route Damien?

Sadly Tony I don't want to start Bonding panels in case I hit it at Combe ...far to much work Crazy ...but thank you Tony
Posted 4th Aug 2017 at 22:07
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1378
Big Thank you to Miles of Pug Racing for this handy rear torsion bar height setting tool ...saves me making something out of wood & hopefully because I'm using a pair of 25mm Torsion bars the Arms will need to be removed making it a little more fiddilly...
These should help loads Thumbs up

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 18:06
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1379
Easier than knocking one up ...simple solution...

Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 18:07
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1380
Did he make it for you? I could do with one for when I do my beam

Rallye Race Car
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 18:17
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1381
I've seen a few FWD cars with wider front tracks than rear, is it worth doing the same on yours?

Rallye Race Car
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 18:19
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1382
demondriverdan wrote:
Did he make it for you? I could do with one for when I do my beam

Not sure Dan ...I spoke to him & he said he had two & he owed me a favour & sent it while I was away ...looks straight forward to knock one up m8 ...but saves me time I don't have at mo ....it fits 100% & different size holes either end ...
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 18:23
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1383
demondriverdan wrote:
I've seen a few FWD cars with wider front tracks than rear, is it worth doing the same on yours?

To be totally truthful Dan ...for all the crazy cost probably NO if I was being sensible...
But I'm looking to bring the best out of Sandys Engine & the cars got so much more to give I believe....I don't think I'm to bad a driver to be honest Dan ...

We aren't talking hundreds we are talking thousands Dan to finish the front suspension....I know ..I know I don't Race & it's totally stupid !!!!!!
I could of gone a much cheaper route like Twangy/ Wayne has done & got the same result I'm sure ...
But I don't have the contacts he does sadly ....But hay ho I've gone this far ...let's see the outcome ?

On top of the Suspension ....I've also got the sunk in petrol tank to sort & the pedal box & Hydralic clutch conversion & remove the servo also.....then that's it for this year 100% ...that may even go into next year ?...hope not Whistle

Sequencal Sadev ST85 won't happen for a long long time if EVER ?

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying the car went pass sensible a long long time ago & it really didn't need 1/2 that I've done to it ....but I've enjoyed every single sad moment of it & apart from the money I've wasted & will never ever see back ...I'd do it all over again & im fully aware it's a £1k Car & nothing more LOL
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 19:22
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #1384
looks very much like my citroen toolkit one.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 19:16
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1385
welshpug! wrote:
looks very much like my citroen toolkit one.

Did you find it useful Mei ?

Can you still buy them then ?
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 19:18
stef306

Regular

Post #1386
ive made loads in the past i use the centres out of old shock bushes, bit of tube and m12 rod and nuts.

1990 205 gti6 supercharged
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 20:39
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1387
stef306 wrote:
ive made loads in the past i use the centres out of old shock bushes, bit of tube and m12 rod and nuts.

I think you should start making some Stef Thumbs up
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 21:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #1388
very useful yes, the dealer tools have a fine thread so half a turn is half a mm.

if you were a dealer I'd imagine you may be able to buy one, not sure otherwise, found mine as past of a xsara kit unused on ebay!

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 22:17
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1389
welshpug! wrote:
very useful yes, the dealer tools have a fine thread so half a turn is half a mm.

if you were a dealer I'd imagine you may be able to buy one, not sure otherwise, found mine as past of a xsara kit unused on ebay!

Mei I noticed hell of a fine thread m8 ...so must be similar to yours or dealers then ...big thanks for the 1/2 a turn info Mei
Thumbs up
Posted 11th Aug 2017 at 22:49
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1390
Well here they are just in from France via Maxirallye on here / Maxi Motorsport /Tony Palfrey who works at Satchell .

Not Dimma 75mm
They are 50mm plus Kevlar wings to match my Bumper & Satchell front 50mm plus Suspension.....

Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 18:22
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1391
Nothing special outside but here it is & yes I do have a pair LOL

Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 18:23
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1392
Can't wait to see them on car just gets better and better
Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 20:32
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1393
blandy wrote:
Can't wait to see them on car just gets better and better

Thanks Michael ...me too ...the Satchell front end suspension arms / subframe will be here in 2weeks as a couple of things being made & modified because mines 50mm not 75mm that it was originally made for Chris & need to make my Bells & Rotors fit the 406 hub offset....hopefully just new Brake adaptor similar to Ashs I have now ?

The 25mm torsion bars need to be fitted & arms need to come off for them & rear black Art design 3way Dampers need fitting & rear arches cutting back a little & trial fitting bolt in rear arches / seeing if they fit ...

Then starting sunk in alloy tank & straight through exhaust ....then remove brake servo & fit floor mounted pedal box & also Wil Declaudio is modifying my clutch to Hydralic similar to his Thumbs up
Hopefully all this before December....

Plus doors / wings front bumper sprayed.....that should keep me busy LOL
Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 21:20
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #1394
looking good Damo! Big grin

Day666 wrote:
Tony I don't want to start Bonding panels in case I hit it at Combe ...far to much work Crazy ...but thank you Tony

what about cutting it and just riveting them on? you can get anodised rivets would look pretty snazzy!
and if you knock it drill them out replace off you go!

Just a thought though Dunno

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 21:53
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #1395
get kevlar ones, they bounce Big grin

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 22:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1396
gnrlee wrote:
looking good Damo! Big grin

Day666 wrote:
Tony I don't want to start Bonding panels in case I hit it at Combe ...far to much work Crazy ...but thank you Tony

what about cutting it and just riveting them on? you can get anodised rivets would look pretty snazzy!
and if you knock it drill them out replace off you go!

Just a thought though Dunno

Thanks David but I don't really need a full rear body Arch Thumbs up
I'm only going plus 30 on the rear m8 ...
I know what your on about ...like Ash had & sold that NUR bodykit to Ross / Supercharger?

I'm going to have Kevlar 205 type rear bolt on Archs & Tony said if I modify them he will made them to my pattern ...that's similar to what I did with the dash Thumbs up
Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 22:43
devere

Senior User

Post #1397
How are you doing the hydraulic clutch? I have two options in mind I was aiming for with mine... curious if either are similar to what your javing done?!
Posted 16th Aug 2017 at 23:22
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1398
devere wrote:
How are you doing the hydraulic clutch? I have two options in mind I was aiming for with mine... curious if either are similar to what your javing done?!

I'll get a picture ....but basically a Tilton push or pull slave cylinder on a frame bolted on top of the outside of the gearbox housing like the old minis did if that makes sense ..looks real simple ....
Posted 17th Aug 2017 at 00:15
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1399
welshpug! wrote:
get kevlar ones, they bounce Big grin

Everything I'm buying at mo is Kevlar because of that Mei but I've only got the front 50mm Wings because they bolt on & look similar to standard ones Thumbs up

As much as the 50mm plus rears look amazing I don't want to go down that road of bonding or even bolting with coloured fixings ....I've got a idea & it won't look nowhere near as good as the 50mm plus rears but it will serve its purpose & if hit it's cheaper to fix to cover wheels ..

PS
Love the rear 50mm wings don't get me wrong Thumbs up
Posted 17th Aug 2017 at 00:33
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1400
Day666 wrote:
To be totally truthful Dan ...for all the crazy cost probably NO if I was being sensible...
But I'm looking to bring the best out of Sandys Engine & the cars got so much more to give I believe....I don't think I'm to bad a driver to be honest Dan ...

We aren't talking hundreds we are talking thousands Dan to finish the front suspension....I know ..I know I don't Race & it's totally stupid !!!!!!
I could of gone a much cheaper route like Twangy/ Wayne has done & got the same result I'm sure ...
But I don't have the contacts he does sadly ....But hay ho I've gone this far ...let's see the outcome ?

On top of the Suspension ....I've also got the sunk in petrol tank to sort & the pedal box & Hydralic clutch conversion & remove the servo also.....then that's it for this year 100% ...that may even go into next year ?...hope not Whistle

Sequencal Sadev ST85 won't happen for a long long time if EVER ?

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying the car went pass sensible a long long time ago & it really didn't need 1/2 that I've done to it ....but I've enjoyed every single sad moment of it & apart from the money I've wasted & will never ever see back ...I'd do it all over again & im fully aware it's a £1k Car & nothing more LOL

I meant is it worth only making the front wider not the rear? Saves the hassle of rear arches etc., might at least be interesting to see how it handles like that?

You're definitely going to end up with a sequential at some point, we all know it Razz

Rallye Race Car
Posted 17th Aug 2017 at 10:26

Pages (137): first .. 55 [56] 57 .. last