displaying posts 51 to 61 of 61

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: 205 GTi6 build (pic heavy)
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #51
ffffuuuuuuu.

have you checked the date on those tyres? I can;t remember how long its been since they stopped making the A539 but I had some on my 205 about 8 years ago Laugh my ass off

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th Jul 2015 at 21:59
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
I had a539's on my nova back in 2001 Shock

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 28th Jul 2015 at 23:27
rikky 🦔

Post #53
well, this car has done 0 miles in 10 years or so... LOL

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 29th Jul 2015 at 00:03
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #54
Anything to declare?

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th Oct 2015 at 13:35
    rikky 🦔

Post #55
    i fitted my bonnet catch Unsure

i need to measure up a couple of things for the remaining brake lines and then it *should* be good to go

oh couple of small things like fit foglights and wire up the thatcham alarm

i am literally about to have my driveway excavated and have a new resin bound one laid this next week and the kerbs dropped / new garage door so too much going on for the next couple of weeks to even touch it

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 26th Oct 2015 at 14:30
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #56
    That's the spirit. Find other jobs to do which are more important. You're full of excuses you are.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th Oct 2015 at 14:47
    rikky 🦔

Post #57
    i'm far too busy looking at cheap 197's and expensive C63 AMG's

Posted 26th Oct 2015 at 15:17
    prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
    Updates?

Goldie the track car.
    Posted 3rd May 2016 at 21:40
    rikky 🦔

Post #59
    not yet no LOL it's running, just locked up at the moment until i get a few minutes to sort a few last bits out, literally just not got round to it Doh

Posted 3rd May 2016 at 22:13
    Cherry Buell

Post #60
    looking forward to the conclusion of this,engaging account,just great really' get it finished and put up the pics well done
    Posted 4th May 2016 at 02:15
    rikky 🦔

Post #61
    I won't lie.. I've been very lethargic getting the motivation to carry on with this, but this weekend was a big one

We got all the brakes plumbed in and bled up, handbrake cables in, fuel tank all back in, exhaust and fittings all back in, front driving lights wired up, couple of niggles sorted and the horns up and running. I'm amazed to admit that after 5 years it's now a fully running car, bar a couple of small niggles I'm sure we can iron out.

Things to do:
  • fit driver door handle and look at lock gasket issue (as above post)

• fit a couple of pipe clips in the engine bay

• see if the judder setting off at low revs in first is anything serious

• investigate squeel, potentially belt or water pump related (wasn't present last time it ran!)

• tacho goes up a bit when the sidelights are on, presuming the earth or something behind the tacho where the wire was soldered on to get the RPM working

• Needs a good wash as it's not been touched since it was completely repainted and sat in my garage for a year covered in dust.

Towed it back on an A-frame with my newest addition to the fleet which made mince meat of it Smile

Pretty much everything is brand new on it so am assuming it's going to be a reliable little thing but here's to hoping.

Battery box in the bay needs putting in and the ECU mounting but just small stuff really.. oh and washer jets plumbed in

Plug and play diesel twinfan is working flawlessly too which I'm impressed with.

Couple of photos:

Posted 3rd Oct 2016 at 08:47

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]