displaying posts 51 to 55 of 55

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: Building a high boost engine
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
Yeah I could but people here put doubts in my mind. Depending how much lynx want I'll decide on it. If its not too much I'll just do a weekend in work to cover the costs. I would like to do it, I don't have somewhere clean enough to do it either unless I build it in my kitchen!

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 21st Apr 2014 at 18:39
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
Why the 0.5mm bore?

Having just rebuilt the race car's engine, it wasn't too complicated. Getting the pistons back in was a bit of a pain but doable. Just follow the torque settings and go from there. Engine seemed to run fine until we discovered the crank itself was damaged so shells started rattling again. I'd say crack on with just rebuilding it and see what happens!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 21st Apr 2014 at 18:46
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
It guarantees the seal against the cylinder with the ring since a standard engine has done 100k. Just advice I've had from a few people that have built them up.

Well I've rebuilt my motorbike engine loads of times and that's a piece of p**s.

I'm torn here now. I'll wait to see Rich's price and go from there.

My main thing is somewhere clean enough, my garage isn't up to the task at all, I've got all sorts of s**t in there

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 21st Apr 2014 at 19:21
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #54
I did the last one (170bhp+ 1.9 8 valver) in my front room, if you've done a bike engine, think larger scale, and that's about it!

There's a decent engine builders in Burry Port, they did the head on my XU10 engine as the local guys machine was out of action when I took it up to them.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Apr 2014 at 19:45
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
Yeah Davies Autos its about 3 minutes from my house. I know Ian well and Andrew who does most the work there. Spoke to him the other day about some of the work but he is pretty busy the next few weeks.

He rebuilt my 205 head a few years back as it goes.

He was one of the people that advised me to go .5mm overbore even if the block is fine.

He said I could build it up there with their help and tools if I can wait, just it'll be a while.

Once I get a lead time on the Saenz rods from rich that'll help me decide what to do

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 21st Apr 2014 at 19:55

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]