displaying posts 76 to 100 of 247

Pages (10): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: saving the red rallye
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
Right another update...... ITS RUNNING wwwoooooohhhh yea boi Smile

Started on the button no problem purring away,sound sweet too got the 4" magnex on her!!!

got it all back together and bled the cooling system too..
just got to put my yellow calipers and red braided lines and green stuff pads on the front bleed them,then put my wheels on,then got to do rear brake overhaul and put wheels on the back and a couple of little bits for the mot.
hid lights are working aswell....f**k they are bright!!!
Im almost ready to take it for a spin..
more pic whoring now.....

cherry rallye daily (the money pit)
Posted 21st Feb 2014 at 19:55
SmartyC

Regular

Post #77
Looking good, Mark, well done!
Much left of the black'un?

Smarty

My lil toy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martincurtisphotography/sets/72157640014140786/
Posted 21st Feb 2014 at 21:29
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
SmartyC wrote:
Looking good, Mark, well done!
Much left of the black'un?

thank you its coming along nicely now!!!!
Yeah few bits still got lots of bits for sale tho and still got few bits to do to the rallye

Posted 21st Feb 2014 at 22:19
mcvite

Regular

Post #79
Looks really nice mate,well done Thumbs up

http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/mcvite/
Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 06:28
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
Well im over the moon just had a rip around in the rallye drives spot on!!!!

Just got a few finishing touches now
another update very soon.

Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 14:56
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #81
Cracking work and you have certainly saved this rallye Smile ... Now get them side skirts painted Wink

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 21:50
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #82
jimmyrallye wrote:
Cracking work and you have certainly saved this rallye Smile ... Now get them side skirts painted Wink

Thanks very much!! Yeah lil bit pink ay!
well partly saved still got a few bits I want to do yet.

think iv fallen in love again tho!!!LOL

Posted 24th Feb 2014 at 09:29
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #83
Looks great mate. proper restoration good to see it looking this good again.

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 24th Feb 2014 at 09:44
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #84
superchargedblack1997gti6 wrote:
Looks great mate. proper restoration good to see it looking this good again.

cheers dude,looks really nice!! its just flown through the mot aswell....happy days!!!

Posted 24th Feb 2014 at 15:55
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
Got my new vinyl on today...very appropriate for these cars!!!

lol and some new pics

Also fitted my e-tech strut brace for now untill I get an omp one.got the phillipm brace on today feels awesome now flys round the twisties even quicker now!!!!!

Should have some solid rear beam mounts coming and rollerbearing wishbones soon.
Should handle pretty well by then,just need to sort the beam out with some new goodies soon as I can!! May take the beam of my black one if I dont sell it and rebuild/upgrade it?? Not sure what to do yet.

Posted 1st Mar 2014 at 18:55
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #86
I picked up a cobra bucket seat from ebay,which was just down the road from me.

I removed the sest from my black 6 and butchered it for the subframe and have mounted the seat to the 306 subframe..looks pretty awesome and im just debating whether to put it in the rallye or not!?

What do you guys think??

Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 15:02
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #87
Small update iv done over 1500miles in her now and I love it a brilliant little car!!!

My front shocks started p**sing out so bad the handling was shocking!! No pun intended,got some replacement bilstiens b4's as thats what was on there along with eibach pro springs,just had a little drive and its so much better....feels safe once again!!

Now looking at getting the rear beam upgraded with some 21mm torsion bars and 23mm anti roll bar or similar item along with a strip and rebuild although I do have the beam off my onyx 6 I could strip and rebuild, then do the boot floor and stuff when I fit the fresh beam!! Should have some good fun this summer!!!! Got a slight knock from the rear I need to look at soon too

overall amazing lil car well happy with it still shows uo newer ones and I love that!!! Thumbs up

Posted 24th Mar 2014 at 19:08
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #88
Looking good - I agree these are a great little car.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 25th Mar 2014 at 22:42
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
Got a powerflex lower mount to fit as mine is shot!!
Tried polishing my pink sideskirts,came up better but going to get sprayed soon.

still haven't had chance to give the car a good polish but will do very soon as the weather is getting better!! Still looks lovely tho...

Posted 13th Apr 2014 at 20:03
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
Got some ta technix coilovers on the way for bargain price and also got a machined throttle body cheap too, defo gonna get some cams soon so should help with them and remap!!
Got my eye on highly polished inlet too should be nice if I can get,fingers crossed.

Posted 21st Apr 2014 at 23:56
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #91
The throttle body won't do much, you might find it harder to drive on part throttle. The standard one isn't really a restriction. You'd be better putting money into the rear beam. The side skirts tend to be one coat of red over black plastic with no lacquer. Be very careful polishing them indeed!

Nothing to see here
Posted 22nd Apr 2014 at 08:19
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #92
Thanks il bare that in mind the paint doesnt look thick tbh.
yeah I didnt think so but I got it cheap enough so il try if not sell,also got some rear beam goodies in the pipeline....told myself I wouldnt get to carried away but hey if it happens it does,and bettetmr do it soon missus wants another child soon so better be quick lol

Posted 22nd Apr 2014 at 08:25
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #93
23mm arb would be a downgrade if it has the standard sport 2 rear beam arrangement, which is 24mm Wink

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Apr 2014 at 09:33
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #94
What arrangement is that,how would you tell if so?? Im lookin for hyrbrid arb or similar! And 21mm torsion bars its no track car sodont want it overly stiff. What do you use/recommend??

Posted 23rd Apr 2014 at 09:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #95
Standard sport 2 setup is what the xsi gti6 and rallye used, as well as the DTurbo HDI, 20mm torsion bars and 24mm arb.

I have 23's and a stock 24mm arb LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Apr 2014 at 09:47
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #96
Brilliant you learn something new everyday ay lol in that case il just get some tb then stick with standard arb for now!!
Thanks mate all help appreciated Thumbs up

Posted 23rd Apr 2014 at 09:58
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
I am on the billy bargains atm just secured a good condition scorpion centre and rear exhaust for 50 nniiccee sounds lol that will be going on tomorrow!! Got some cyclones to refurb to as sold my pr 1.2 should be lookin sleeper- ish now instead of big wheels Smile

Posted 23rd Apr 2014 at 22:12
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #98
bit of an update got my ta technix coilover and rear shocks for around 80 off ebay brand new never been fitted....bargain I thought!!!

i have not driven far on them but seem ok,there is a slight knock every now and then but iv fitted new topmounts when fitted and have re checked everything and all is tight so il have another look soon!!

was a slightly longer bolt knocking on topmount lol

got a highly polished inlet coming I won of ebay too lil bit pricey at 70 odd quid but should look awesome,also got gen pug inlet gasket to go on with that!!

after fitting the coilies I drove home and my diff decided to s**t itself and make a right old mess of the e/bay and my mother in laws drive....woops!!

luckily enough I had a second hand gearbox in storage so not all bad. got two driveshaft ouil seals and the nylon bush things for cluth fork to spruce the box up abit,also removed and resealed the diff housing as seemed a bit leaky although the broken engine I removed was p**sing oil out but thought I may aswell while its out!!

old one came out fairly easy but missed the release bearing when refitting...DOH.... but managedto sort with a few tips from the guys on here...thank you!! got a gen pug exchange clutch and all the seals and bit for 134.40 with bit of discount and that so not bad.....opened the box and it was a brand gen pug new clutch what a bonus!!

after that though it went swimmingly and she is now back on the road,and rollin on clones agin now to I had two laying around and kindly bought some off ross(I still have that cash here mate Thumbs up) to refurb so I did the whole set so they all matched and look nice stuck to standard silver tho this time.

so once again she is all good il get some pics of my shiny manifold when it gets here, got an alloy polished catch tank coming with was a good buy aswell,sick of my ram air getting covered in oil and don't want it clogging up my shiny inlet LOL

got a few other lil bits coming to but here is some pics of gearbox damage and how it sits atm!!

Posted 10th Jul 2014 at 13:47
chiefton

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
Small update....

Well think the coilovers i got are great all be it a bit to stiff for the roads where I live,but it does handle great!!!

Now also got my oil catch tank fitted and have ordered some nice red hose to replace the clear hose iv used.
also got my inlet through today...sneaky pic...

has the resonater bit removed and the hole tidily welded up,dont know if that makes a difference or not???
Brilliant job too,im not sure who did it buts its done to a very very high standard,looks amazing and the finish really good.

so had some time after work so removed my air filter and intake pipe,cleaned all the oil out of them....was filthy!!
Removed my old inlet, took off what I needed and cleaned (fuel rail could do with painting) everything,put a smidge of rubber grease on the inject seals and refitted them to the manifold.

fitted the new manifold with new gen pug gasket,shiney machined throttle body also fitted and bolted everything back up....started and the high pressure fuel line where it joins the fuel rail had a tiny hole in so promptly replaced that too.
also managed to sort my exhaust blow out,cat had moved slightly as one side had rsttled loose so replace fitting kit, undone moved and retightned...sorted!

All in all a good evenings work (need to clean rest of engine bay to I know) Thumbs up

Posted 8th May 2014 at 20:47
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #100
That gearbox is fine mats what you moaning about Smile try driving for 2 weeks with no 3rd gear that'll mess it right p oil and swarf everywhere. Looking good mate LOL

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 8th May 2014 at 20:52

Pages (10): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last