displaying posts 76 to 87 of 87

Pages (4): first .. 2 3 [4]

Author Subject: Clio cup 182
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
rikky wrote:
i want xenons and twin exhaust and a comfy ride. i don't give a s**t about it being a rally car or even if i lose £20k on it in a month

My mate's one is pretty much this. Good hot hatch performance with a few modern toys and a bit newer and more refined. Yes everyone talks about rattling panels etc. but they're not as bad as in older French cars as far as I could tell.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 09:11
hsustyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #77
I'd be looking for a 172Cup after my rallye. My twin and I have had two now, a phase 1 and a 182Cup. The phase 1 was brilliant with just Bilstein coilovers and solid top mount kit. Handling was quite something.

I now part own a 172 Cup and even as standard it's a really capable car. And importantly fun! It's a hard choice between my S1 8v rallye or the Cup for a blast.

Test drive one and you'll see they are more driveable than a 6.

Beef Beyond Belief
Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 14:09
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
hsustyle wrote:
I'd be looking for a 172Cup after my rallye. My twin and I have had two now, a phase 1 and a 182Cup. The phase 1 was brilliant with just Bilstein coilovers and solid top mount kit. Handling was quite something.

I now part own a 172 Cup and even as standard it's a really capable car. And importantly fun! It's a hard choice between my S1 8v rallye or the Cup for a blast.

AHAHAHAAH

AHAHAAAH hes on it already,

Let me check my predictions again!

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 14:19
hsustyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
eliotrw wrote:
hsustyle wrote:

AHAHAHAAH

AHAHAAAH hes on it already,

Let me check my predictions again!

Not yet! My Rallye is the funnest thing to drive but Clios get my vote for all around fun hatch. I have access to a 172 Cup most days anyway so that helps.

Beef Beyond Belief
Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 19:28
Ed_van_dijk

Senior User

Post #80
Every one I have had experience with handles like complete s**te, the arse end skips all over the place!

Alot of them are a fair bit slower than the Gti 6 but there are some quick ones out there. Must be how they are looked after. I certainly wouldn't buy one for an upgrade!

Astor 6
Posted 12th Sep 2013 at 16:27
seans6

Senior User

Post #81
Ed_van_dijk wrote:
Every one I have had experience with handles like complete s**te, the arse end skips all over the place!

Alot of them are a fair bit slower than the Gti 6 but there are some quick ones out there. Must be how they are looked after. I certainly wouldn't buy one for an upgrade!

Sorry ed but you must have driven some knacked ones.

Just bought another tonight! a phase one. Cool It absolutely flys compared to my gti6! Granted its not standard and stripped out to an inch of its life lol.

I think the gearing must be better on these, the gti6 doesnt seem that quick untill your carrying abit of speed imo.
Posted 12th Sep 2013 at 22:56
Ed_van_dijk

Senior User

Post #82
seans6 wrote:
Ed_van_dijk wrote:

Sorry ed but you must have driven some knacked ones.

Just bought another tonight! a phase one. Cool It absolutely flys compared to my gti6! Granted its not standard and stripped out to an inch of its life lol.

I think the gearing must be better on these, the gti6 doesnt seem that quick untill your carrying abit of speed imo.

I havent drove that many just had a play with a few in my car. My friend had a low milage 172 which was quick, tiny bit quicker that my 306 and my other friend had a phase one 172, stripped out etc which was exactly the same as my 306 and my car handled the round abouts etc alot better than the clio's. I have played with a few which i could of got out and pushed my car past it they were so slow. I cant see my 306 being quicker than any other 306 so i dont really understand the hype about these clio's.

Astor 6
Posted 13th Sep 2013 at 10:19
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #83
If there's any local members with a GTi6 I'd like to do a back to back comparison.

Mine may be a payday car though with decent cam timing. It does feel very very lively and I swapped with my friend in his 197 Cup - he couldn't get over how much quicker it felt than his and I couldn't get over how flat his felt.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 13th Sep 2013 at 10:42
    Ed_van_dijk

Senior User

Post #84
    The 197's are even worse that the 172/182's imo! They look nice though!

Astor 6
    Posted 13th Sep 2013 at 11:32
    mattgti6phase2

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
    Beat my mates sunflower yellow phase1 from a side by side 40mph drag but its now high boost so no chance now LOL the mother in law has a face lift 172 cup with cat back and i would say my car is slightly quicker. They are very skippy on the rear end but very fun to drive.

My other friend has a 182 with a few subtle mods we did a 40mph drag and there was literally nothing in it at all.

Good cars but no way an upgrade.

Team Nile 6 Superman
    Team: 40.2 MPG Smile
    5 x a 306 owner!
    currently abusing type r's in a town near you ™ Wink
    I truely live for the 306 ®
    Build date: 29th October 1997 Wednesday's car
    midweek madness Tee hee
    Posted 13th Sep 2013 at 13:10
    mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #86
    Did you get a clio in the end mr west? I do like the look at the clio 197 , could be worth a drive
    Posted 14th Sep 2013 at 19:05
    mr west

Senior User

Post #87
    Np mate. Started driving again after my knee op and remembered how much I love the rallye so will keep it for now

white rallye
    cherry dead rallye
    s16
    Posted 14th Sep 2013 at 21:30

Pages (4): first .. 2 3 [4]