displaying posts 1 to 25 of 32

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: Track near lancashire
footah212

Senior User

Post #1
Anyone recommend what tracks are nearest Blackburn, Lancashire that do trackdays?

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 14th Jun 2013 at 16:35
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I'm trying to sell a open pit track day at Mallory for tomorrow!! Check my for sale thread.

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 14th Jun 2013 at 16:59
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Nearest is Oulton Park.
Then Croft
Then Anglsea
I live in Colne so suffer the same problem of not having a local track.

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 14th Jun 2013 at 17:09
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Sprints at Aintree & Blackpool Prom are fun but will cost a lot pound per mile in comparison to a trackday

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 14th Jun 2013 at 17:11
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #5
rallyeash wrote:
I'm trying to sell a open pit track day at Mallory for tomorrow!! Check my for sale thread.

LOL

Hardly in Lancashire is it?

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 14th Jun 2013 at 18:51
footah212

Senior User

Post #6
Feck me msvt are expensive. I can have my car on knock hill for £70 inc entrance fee. These feckers want about £250 for a full day session money grabbing tw*t f*cks. Recon going on one of their days would cost approx £500 for one day. Went the feckin Ring 2 years ago for £1200 inc ferry accom lits of drink etc and the was 3 full days.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 14th Jun 2013 at 23:48
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
footah212 wrote:
Feck me msvt are expensive. I can have my car on knock hill for £70 inc entrance fee. These feckers want about £250 for a full day session money grabbing tw*t f*cks. Recon going on one of their days would cost approx £500 for one day. Went the feckin Ring 2 years ago for £1200 inc ferry accom lits of drink etc and the was 3 full days.

That's unfortunately the price of most track days at the bigger circuits during summer Sad most down at donnington seem to be £300 lately. It sometimes pays to turn up on the day and get a discounted cancelation but it can be a gamble.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 06:52
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #8
footah212 wrote:

If you look back, I tried to organise a forum Trackday with an exclusive circuit hire for the day. Most circuits want £10,000 per day plus vat plus public liability insurance cover for £2 million. Now I have family who live in the vicinity of oulton park, they're treated like kings by the circuit purely as if the locals complain the circuits can easily be close and their licences to run noisy trackdays 95db and above be revoked. It cost them a fortune for licences to allow noise on so many days a year, so after trying to make a profit on top there has to be an understanding that it's going to be expensive just for it to be viable for them to run the days. Now I see ur point about knockhill but knockhill have very few if not only one open pit day a year. I as u know took my car to knockhill last year and it was a sessioned day, supposedly 4 groups. This didnt end up being the case, it ended up as 7 groups running 15 min sessions iirc. You do the maths it ended up we got something like 4 15 minute sessions which whilst the circuit was fun it was a bit of a ripoff as they were still taking people booking on throughout the day. An open pit day at say oulton with track action, javelin etc will cost a fair chunk more but generally they'll only have limited number of cars there and it's open pit so your almost guaranteed to get A LOT more track time there fore your getting more for your money. I'm guessing your looking at a open pit day at oulton in July/ August with club MSV? They are generally the most expensive days. Keep a look out though there are days in the £170 mark which is more value they're just harder to find. Alternatively I go to oulton every year in Nov with Trackaction online, they limit the numbers and it's circa £130 for all day open pit, it's generally the same people every year and as I say nicely restricted on numbers and therefore very little/ no waiting time making it a lot better value. Have a look at Liverpool Motorsport club website too, they do run the odd day at Aintree but the circuit is limited and I believe it's quite busy... Unfortunately it's an expensive hobby doing trackdays and there's not really a lot of ways round it! If your interested In the oulton day later in the year il send you the link when the time comes if you like?

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 07:37
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
I'd never go on a sessioned trackday, it ruins it in my eyes.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 08:23
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #10
allanallen wrote:

I did it once..... I'll not be doing it again! Roll eyes

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 08:54
footah212

Senior User

Post #11
jeffers wrote:
allanallen wrote:

I did it once..... I'll not be doing it again! Roll eyes

Yeh I tAke your point about the knockhill hothatch days . He sessions are defo a lot shorter than they used to be especially in summer. They do have open pit sessions 4 hr sessions for £100 per car about twice a year , trackscotland do another 2 there year.

Shame that forum trackday didn't happen .

Was just looking for something different now that I live in Blackburn for most of the week. Migr just save up and head to the ring instead .

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 14:10
footah212

Senior User

Post #12
Jeffers sen me that oulton link if you would 👍

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 16:25
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
MSVT pays the same for track hire as the other organisers and generally runs fewer cars so the trackday itself is slightly more expensive to make up the same amount of money. Jeffers is right, it's about £10k + VAT + liability for Oulton and £13k + VAT + liability for Brands Indy which is a lot of money to make from people doing the trackdays!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 18:08
footah212

Senior User

Post #14
demondriverdan wrote:
MSVT pays the same for track hire as the other organisers and generally runs fewer cars so the trackday itself is slightly more expensive to make up the same amount of money. Jeffers is right, it's about £10k + VAT + liability for Oulton and £13k + VAT + liability for Brands Indy which is a lot of money to make from people doing the trackdays!

Yeh I understand . But why involve the third party ?

Run it themselves, cut out msvt's margin.

Visit to the ring ftw. If its still open obviously. Save The Ring!!

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 21:05
Jake

Regular

Post #15
Motorsport vision own the circuits and motorsport vision trackdays are the organizers for trackdays and are part of the same group, same with motorsport vision racing. I'm off to oulton on Tuesday for ARDS test which is about 20mins on track for £250!

I must agree with the value for money of open pit lane trackdays they are MUCH better than days with sessions, I've also found out never to do a trackday with a show on at the same time!

Sprints are a waste of money too. Sit in traffic at the start line for ages then 1 minute track time!

The 205

205 GTI6 For Sale

Off Racing!
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 21:30
pooouk

Regular

Post #16
Try http://www.apextrackdays.co.uk/ Run by a mate of mine, Mike.

Cheap track time, free second driver, free passengers... Very good value for money.

Nick

AKA nick on 205gtidrivers.com
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 21:42
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Jake wrote:
Motorsport vision own the circuits and motorsport vision trackdays are the organizers for trackdays and are part of the same group, same with motorsport vision racing. I'm off to oulton on Tuesday for ARDS test which is about 20mins on track for £250!

I must agree with the value for money of open pit lane trackdays they are MUCH better than days with sessions, I've also found out never to do a trackday with a show on at the same time!

Sprints are a waste of money too. Sit in traffic at the start line for ages then 1 minute track time!

Completely correct here. ARDS tests have and always will be stupidly expensive. Quite why it needs to cost £250 I don't know but I think a lot of that goes to the MSA.

Getting mine done at the beginning of next year.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 22:42
Jake

Regular

Post #18
MSA should get enough money from the 'Go Racing Starter Packs' which are £64 and even once the ARDS is done they want another £58 to print the license out! Robbing bas**rds!

The 205

205 GTI6 For Sale

Off Racing!
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 22:59
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Jake wrote:
MSA should get enough money from the 'Go Racing Starter Packs' which are £64 and even once the ARDS is done they want another £58 to print the license out! Robbing bas**rds!

Welcome to the world of motorsport! You think it's bad now, wait until you start paying entry fees Thumbs down

Rallye Race Car
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 23:03
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
Wait until your perfectly good seats, belts and helmet go out of date.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 15th Jun 2013 at 23:41
footah212

Senior User

Post #21
pooouk wrote:
Try http://www.apextrackdays.co.uk/ Run by a mate of mine, Mike.

Cheap track time, free second driver, free passengers... Very good value for money.

Nick

Apex looks like a decent web site but can't get the big map to work.

Might hit blyton in August with them. Cheer

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Posted 16th Jun 2013 at 09:05
Jake

Regular

Post #22
demondriverdan wrote:
Jake wrote:

Welcome to the world of motorsport! You think it's bad now, wait until you start paying entry fees Thumbs down

I thought about doing trackday/test day before every event to get to know the circuit as they only allow 20min practice/qualifying on race day, after pricing it up its safe to say I won't be doing much testing!

phillipm wrote:
Wait until your perfectly good seats, belts and helmet go out of date.

I blame that Jackie Stewart bloke!

The 205

205 GTI6 For Sale

Off Racing!
Posted 16th Jun 2013 at 17:41
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
I blame someone deciding you must have a fireproof helmet when you're allowed to wear open face ones anyway.
My face has melted, but at least my hair is okay!

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 16th Jun 2013 at 18:06
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
phillipm wrote:
I blame someone deciding you must have a fireproof helmet when you're allowed to wear open face ones anyway.
My face has melted, but at least my hair is okay!

Haha, so true! Think I've budgeted about £1k to spend on personal gear before I go racing, not cheap at all! Sad

Rallye Race Car
Posted 16th Jun 2013 at 18:07
chrisd306

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
Knockhill do prob 18open pit sessions per year between all the clubs

In my garage just now

2003 BMW M3 & 2009 L200 Raging Bull
& Audi Q5 S Line
AX stock rod & Saxo Stock rod
Sold the bike an charged rallye an bought a caravan, midlife crisis or what!
Posted 18th Jun 2013 at 09:46

Pages (2): [1] 2