displaying posts 1 to 25 of 106

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: NUR Motorsport Feedback
ash

Six Addict

Post #1

Here is my latest dealing with Noel at NUR:

On Tuesday 23rd April Noel returned my call and I explained that following a racing incident all the front panels had been destroyed and it wasn't looking hopeful that I'd be out for the next round on 5th May.

By way of sponsorship Noel offered to help and said that he would make me a fibreglass bumper, front wings and bonnet free of charge apart from the cost of materials. On Friday 26th Noel phoned me to say the panels were finished and we arranged that I'd be there at 0930 on Saturday to collect them.

I arrived at 0928 and there was nobody at NUR. I phoned him but it went straight to ansaphone. I texted to say I was there. I waited an hour and a half and finally left empty-handed at 1100. NUR is a 200 mile round trip so it cost me £50 in fuel and six hours of my weekend. I also lost this weekends race entry fee of £265 along with my championship chances for 2013 (I won Class B in 2012 and 2nd Overall in QMN).

I don't know what happened for Noel to not be there but it is just plain rude to let me waste half a day without letting me know he wouldn't be there. Twelve days have passed and I've tried ringing on several occasions but it always goes to ansaphone.

Noel?
Posted 8th May 2013 at 01:01
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
oh dear,...

i'd be pretty p**sed too
But maybe there's a logical explanation see if Pugheavan's spoken to him recently?

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 8th May 2013 at 01:14
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #3
This isn't the first time Ash has been left waiting outside of Noel's unit either. It's just not on to leave clients hanging like that.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 8th May 2013 at 08:39
Takedown

Senior User

Post #4
That Noel is an Nutter

Emails with promises and blalblablalba i get back to you this and that, blalbllalablablbla and after that youll never hear from him again.

He can shove his CF stuff up his arse, guy will respond within a week of 8 an email or even wont.

Although a lot of people seem to take this crap from him, since hes still in the business

Personally i will never deal with them and i think he doesnt mind either Wink
Posted 8th May 2013 at 09:10
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Boo, bad luck with the damage Ash, and agree there's just no need for people to behave like that, I don't know how some people can do it with a clear conscience Thumbs down

Any structural or engine damage, or just panels?

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 09:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
are the likes of fastcarspares etc no good then?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:23
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #7
Ash, would it not be an idea to have a few cheap fibreglass front end spares as damage is almost inevitable and as yours doesn't exactly use off the shelf parts you're always going to struggle to get replacements made in time. Just a thought.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:25
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #8
http://www.fastcarspares.com/?page_id=5#!/~/product/category=4187056&id=17794650

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:25
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #9
pugheaven wrote:
I'm still being messed around, he still hasn't given me my £500 back!
The carbon is s**t, the final product is not final, not one straight edge is straight, the boot didn't fit so he hacked my hinges apart so now I can't go back to a standard boot lid!
Apparently his mum died at the weekend, I would hope no one would make up such a thing but the amount of lies and broken promises has really made me unsure!
It's a 200 mile round trip for me but looks like that's what I'm doing today as I'm fed up with his customer service!

Shock Dry Sad

sums that up really,..
I want to see this project finished!,.. don't you dare but if you do give up on it give me a shout!

Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:30
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
The thing is people do have lives and personal problems, and people get that. However if you want to run a business all it takes is an email or text to your customers letting them know, change your voicemail message, anything.

I fail to believe someone can be so busy they're willing to let their own business go to s**t.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:40
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #11
pugheaven wrote:
No giving up
Thumbs up

different people deal with bereavement in different ways some just turn and shut out the world,...
I hope that the stories are true for the sake of his reputation!

Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:46
t3ora

Regular

Post #12
How about trying these
www.smithanddeakin.co.uk
Been going a long time

Post edited

Road/track car coming together slowly
Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:46
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #13
t3ora wrote:
How about trying these
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smithanddeakin.co.uk%2F&ei=Mh6KUfOlEOTK0QWXlIHAAw&usg=AFQjCNFa6OjPzqWKASNmLufQkqGB2xFPwA

Been going a long time

My God man! LOL

Posted 8th May 2013 at 10:48
Takedown

Senior User

Post #14
Bet hes giving Darren from Spoox some up the butt
Posted 8th May 2013 at 11:00
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
Can't you pick them up for him so he doesn't have another wasted drive?

Nothing to see here
Posted 8th May 2013 at 14:10
rikky 🦔

Post #16
Hmm he deleted his post Unsure

edit> all of them infact

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 8th May 2013 at 14:22
ash

Six Addict

Post #17
Noel has just phoned me demanding I remove my post immediately. Not until we are clear I explained. Watch this space.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 14:25
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
I don't think you have done anything wrong here ash, just sharing your experience.

Everyone goes through unexpected problems, but like people have said, if you're running a business where people are relying on you, good communication is essential

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 8th May 2013 at 14:38
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
It's hardly the first time...

Nothing to see here
Posted 8th May 2013 at 16:36
t3ora

Regular

Post #20
ash wrote:
Noel has just phoned me demanding I remove my post immediately. Not until we are clear I explained. Watch this space.

He's fast anuff to phone you to remove a post on a Internet forum but can't answer the phone when you phone him
The blokes sounds like a price prick

Road/track car coming together slowly
Posted 8th May 2013 at 16:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
Gaffa tape!

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 17:05
Takedown

Senior User

Post #22
Oeeeeeeeeee words spread fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange that he doesnt need 8 weeks to respond now
Posted 8th May 2013 at 18:30
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
Right I will make this short for now but will explain more later!

I went to nur to collect my grill and spoiler and hopefully get the £500 that he owed me!
Everything was fine until he recieved a phone call, disappeared for 5 mins then came back being really aggressive and shouting in my face....
Clearly someone tipped him off about this thread!

Forum members that have met me know that I'm not a massive bloke and those who have met Noel know that he is a lot bigger than me!!

I felt threatened by him as I was corned off in the court yard, he shouted an inch from my face to delete all my posts on this thread before I could leave.... So I deleted them quick sharp!!
I did think about going to the police over this but in the end of the day the man has just lost his mum so I'm willing to cut him some slack!

As I deleted them I was free to leave with the grill and spoiler but no £500...
I then recieved a phone call later saying that he will transfer me £300 tonight and the other £200 once this entire thread is removed (clearly out of my hands)

After speaking to ash and a few other members iv decided to call it a day and forget about the £200, hopefully this will make people think twice before handing over money no matter how good a company appears to be!

Posted 8th May 2013 at 21:20
ash

Six Addict

Post #24
pugheaven wrote:
Right I will make this short for now but will explain more later!

I went to nur to collect my grill and spoiler and hopefully get the £500 that he owed me!
Everything was fine until he recieved a phone call, disappeared for 5 mins then came back being really aggressive and shouting in my face....
Clearly someone tipped him off about this thread!

Forum members that have met me know that I'm not a massive bloke and those who have met Noel know that he is a lot bigger than me!!

I felt threatened by him as I was corned off in the court yard, he shouted an inch from my face to delete all my posts on this thread before I could leave.... So I deleted them quick sharp!!
I did think about going to the police over this but in the end of the day the man has just lost his mum so I'm willing to cut him some slack!

As I deleted them I was free to leave with the grill and spoiler but no £500...
I then recieved a phone call later saying that he will transfer me £300 tonight and the other £200 once this entire thread is removed (clearly out of my hands)

After speaking to ash and a few other members iv decided to call it a day and forget about the £200, hopefully this will make people think twice before handing over money no matter how good a company appears to be!

Noel shouted and swore at me too today; he even said that I'd better see Roy or "he would probably put one on me"
He's extremely lucky I haven't brought the delays, excuses and wasted trips up on the forum before (but I was £2k out of pocket at the time), I paid £2k on 6th Feb 2011 and didn't get the doors until 25th October 2011. He subsequently made promises which he never kept and he still owes me a carbon front bumper. I have every text and message sent and received for the last 30 months so it's not like I can't prove it.
I refuse to back down to him although it has taken his latest p**stake to drive me to open up about how much he has let me down. He hasn't apologised once about the current problem - it should be me shouting and swearing at him not the other way around!
FWIW I think he should pay Ollie the remaining £200. Also I'd like things to be sorted out for me and if he does apologise and settle up then I'll certainly accept that and move on.
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:24
pebbles167

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
f**k... This makes pugplus seem like a gent.

2005 Peugeot 206 GTI 180

2008 BMW K1200R
Posted 8th May 2013 at 22:28

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last