displaying posts 76 to 100 of 206

Pages (9): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: Member Of The Month - November 2012
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #76
I think if Ash let his hair down a bit more he'd be a good laugh in general discussions. Respect works both ways. Stan likes a joke and we often pick on him as he can take it in jest.

I would say the comments 0wain made would have been water off a ducks back to Ash.

If Ash can confirm he thinks it crossed the line, we all know where we are.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:45
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #77
    I'm not silent about my feelings and I support Ash in how the forum is run. At the end of the day, it's a fiver.

If you don't like the site then keep the money in your pocket and join another forum. If you do accept it and wish to be part of it then pay your money and enjoy it. Don't pay your money and then try and get things changed/complain and throw toys out of the pram. You've paid £5, that doesn't mean the forum revolves around you.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:45
    gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
    Man banned from website in suggesting owner is busy shocker.

What a joke.
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:46
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #79
    dangti6 wrote:
    I think if Ash let his hair down a bit more he'd be a good laugh in general discussions. Respect works both ways. Stan likes a joke and we often pick on him as he can take it in jest.

I would say the comments 0wain made would have been water off a ducks back to Ash.

If Ash can confirm he thinks it crossed the line, we all know where we are.

My days would nowhere near as fun if I didn't get picked on by you lot. LOL

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:49
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
    ryangti6 wrote:
    if he had no issue surely he would just say let's agree to disagree and leave it at that

Exactly, and (all jokes aside) Ash really is on here less than many of us are, clearly nothing's forcing him to read my posts, yet he felt the need to stop me talking to other people, like the naughty kid in a classroom having to sit on his own table. For a minute there, I thought we were adults.

ryangti6 wrote:
    As mentioned by someone else it would be interesting to hear the other admins views on it all, the silence suggests to me they don't want to rock the boat but who knows.

Yes

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:49
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #81
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    If you don't like the site then keep the money in your pocket and join another forum. If you do accept it and wish to be part of it then pay your money and enjoy it. Don't pay your money and then try and get things changed/complain and throw toys out of the pram. You've paid £5, that doesn't mean the forum revolves around you.

But that's the problem, you seem to think it's black and white. I don't pay because I like the forum, I pay because a handful of people on here entertain me. If they all left, believe me I would go too.

Why should people not complain? This is a business now. Back in the days it was free I'd have absolutely agreed with you, yet still Ash has made no mention of where the thousands of pounds a year go, they sure as hell don't pay for the hosting. Yet again these issues have been skirted around.

Once you start taking people's money, you have a responsibility to listen to those customers. That's all I've ever wanted. Surely the amount of time I spend drafting and posting up thorough (/long winded) replies to things in a polite and clear fashion should show that I do actually care about the site? That I'm trying to make it better? Most forums you'd just get pages and pages of people swearing and making no constructive suggestions whatsoever, don't you dare try and make out that's what people do on here because we don't.

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:54
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #82
    ryangti6 wrote:
    rock the boat baby

What a tune. It's a shame you can't post forced music on here. Often I have wished I could post some music people have no choice but to hear when opening a thread.

• Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:55
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #83
    dangti6 wrote:
    ryangti6 wrote:
    rock the boat baby

What a tune. It's a shame you can't post forced music on here. Often I have wished I could post some music people have no choice but to hear when opening a thread.

As long as it's a MIDI file, I approve of this and think it should be implemented immediately.

Judiiiiiith!

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 12:59
    rikky 🦔

Post #84
    midi file Laugh my ass off i remember sites like that. we also need an animated gif of a man digging and lots of antirightclick coding

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 13:15
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #85
    Just for you Dick

• Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 13:22
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #86
    That's exactly what it is though - black and white.

Pay and use it, or don't pay and go somewhere else. They are the two choices any one of us have. Yes

You talk about responsibility to customers, that's fine. What happens if you don't like the recipe in the burgers at McDonalds? If you complain, will they change it for you? You have a choice to go there or not. If you don't like what they do, go and try Burger King, they may cater better for your needs. I'm saying the same thing here. This is what we do, if you don't like it go and try PSCUK for example. Just because people complain doesn't always mean things get changed just because you're the customer and you've highlighted an issue.

I've written to Sainsbury's before because they suddenly stopped selling a packet mix I particularly liked. The response I got back was "that particular line is now discontinued, however we're happy to be able to offer you 'xxxx' as a similar alternative which is currently available on our shelves."

I'm their customer, but effectively they told me I couldn't have what I wanted regardless of whether or not I wrote a letter of complaint. This "customer responsibility" line is all very well but for £5 a year I don't think as a customer you're going to have a revolution to have it 'your way'.

As you've said previously mate, it's Ash's football and we've all got to remember that. Wink

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 13:55
    eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #87
    So what your saying is,
    If we pay, That doesnt given a right to complain about a service we are contributing too?

And presumably it also doesnt give us a right to mention the blindly obvious if it would in anyway show the person we are paying in a negative light?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:06
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #88
    No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is, you can complain but don't expect things to be changed instantly (or at all) just because the person kicking up a fuss has paid £5. It doesn't work like that.

Look at the change in Cars For Sale for example. That came about because a LOT of people stated that they preferred it the old way but felt we could add different bits to it to improve the older style setup. I asked for all your ideas/suggestions and then took them all to Ash. We sifted through and found what we thought would make a good setup and then Ash implemented it. Things HAVE been changed to suit members and are still being changed. However, what you can't expect is constant change just because somebody doesn't like it.
    I'm all for changes and ideas and Ash is always willing to listen to different ideas etc, but people should remember that Ash is the one in charge and if the idea you put forwards (however good *you* think it is) is rejected don't take it personally and complain. The decisions are made by the owner. Please feel free to make suggestions to any of the Admin Team or Ash himself but you can't throw the toys out of the pram if you don't get your own way.

After all, it's not your site.

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:16
    sharvey44

Senior User

Post #89
    This place really has changed.

Soon ash will have no income from the forum and the admins will have nothing to administrate.

The reason for this has been quite clearly outlined by some of the comments from stan and ash.

Nice one fellas! you deserve a pat on the back for some very blinkered opinions.. The words nose, spite and face spring to mind reading these threads.

I used to be here quite a lot but this place has lost its mojo..

Ph2.5 Nile - Slowly trying to de-East London it and restore to former glory...
    Built on the 9 Febuary 1999 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Currently looking slightly molested due to some c*nt trying to get into it.. Sad

According to the forum Social Worker, because I work in IT, I am socially retarted..
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:21
    eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
    Stan:
    Ok I would agree with what you have said above on its own for sure.
    One person shouldnt expect something to be done just for them and thats right.

BUT
    I dont see how this applies to the no editing problem.
    Which is a basic function of the site which affected everyone and was rasied over and over.
    Which is all part of the Owain being banned issue aswell

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:23
    playboyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #91
    Can we collectively call Stan and Ash 'Stash', Jedward have done it! Smile

306 1.8 xs moonstone blue-SOLD
    306 gti6 supercharged china blue-SOLD
    406 coupe D9 3.0 V6-SOLD

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:25
    ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #92
    I think its worth remembering that this issue didn't come about because someone wanted something new, they wanted a feature that has always been present in my time on the forum to be fixed.

If people were asking for new things then your point would stand Stan that what do you expect for a fiver, because it was paying people asking for things to be fixed it doesn't really imo. Look at it your way, If you bought something and after a while it stopped working you would be entitled to complain within a certain period, in this forums case that period is a year, if someone said what do you expect for a fiver and said go elsewhere if you don't like it then I doubt you would be too impressed, I know I wouldn't.

Ryan
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:26
    eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
    ryangti6 wrote:
    I think its worth remembering that this issue didn't come about because someone wanted something new, they wanted a feature that has always been present in my time on the forum to be fixed.

If people were asking for new things then your point would stand Stan that what do you expect for a fiver, because it was paying people asking for things to be fixed it doesn't really imo. Look at it your way, If you bought something and after a while it stopped working you would be entitled to complain within a certain period, in this forums case that period is a year, if someone said what do you expect for a fiver and said go elsewhere if you don't like it then I doubt you would be too impressed, I know I wouldn't.

Basically everytime I say something Ryan pops along and says the same thing exactly how I wanted to Razz

This basically.

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:27
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #94
    playboyb wrote:
    Can we collectively call Stan and Ash 'Stash', Jedward have done it! Smile

Cry

• Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:30
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #95
    Fair enough, the editing problem was annoying for everyone concerned, I understand that.

However, now that has been addressed and fixed there shouldn't really be anything else to complain about. Or am I wrong? Dunno

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:31
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #96
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    Fair enough, the editing problem was annoying for everyone concerned, I understand that.

However, now that has been addressed and fixed there shouldn't really be anything else to complain about. Or am I wrong? Dunno

given this very thread is in existence, that is enough to suggest so is it not?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:34
    eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #97
    Your not wrong, But you've missed why people are still raising this.
    Its still being raised becuase the issue was brought up for a long time (A month or there abouts), After a while of no real response people were starting to get a bit p**sed of that they are paying for a site and such a basic function didnt work.
    Owain voiced these concerns,
    Was banned.

There were no personal attacks in his complaints.
    And frankly what he said is the truth.

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:35
    banksey

Seasoned Pro

Post #98
    Laugh my ass off For f**k sake, this is just a car forum people. Now everyone have a big man hug.

... back in the old days... no best not. LOL
    Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 14:49
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #99
    Stan, you really need to stop making weird comparisons to things that are completely irrelevant. Previously, you were comparing Forum Admin to the Government of Great Britain, likening our poorly-thought-out rules to the law of the country, saying your rules on bans were the same as those if you were caught speeding. Now you're comparing a site with a handful of active members to Sainsbury's, a multi-billion pound international corporation.

Clearly Sainsbury's are going to tell you to do one, they have millions of customers. This place has 600, allegedly. I have Ash's email address, I could email him directly if I wanted to. I can contact all the other customers and moderators directly, that is absolutely 0% similar to trying to contact John Sainsbury himself, and in no way whatsoever makes your point look valid.

It's the fingers-in-the-ears approach that admin have that annoys people. You'll note I'm no longer saying it annoys "me", but it annoys "people"; I think it's been pretty clear of late I'm not the one angry guy shouting about stuff everyone else is happy about.

Stash wrote:
    Ash is always willing to listen to different ideas etc

Seriously, do you still not get it? If someone (me, you, whoever) posted up something (such as the forum redesign thread), and Ash came along and said "look guys, not going to happen because x, y, z", then that would be fine. It's the fact that they're just ignored that gets people's backs up.

Again for what it's worth, I never said the forum needed a redesign, personally I think it's alright. But none of you bothered noting that, you just like to blame me for any unrest that ever appears, even when it's completely your own doing.

Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 15:05
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #100
    J Sainsbury is long gone unfortunately, but I don't want to split hairs.

As you were.

• Posted 5th Dec 2012 at 15:14

Pages (9): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last