Wasn't driving a milk float was she?

Laugh my ass off

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:06
AndyJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Dude, that sucks. I can completely symothise with the woman, though. I drove ten miles to work, this morning, with a steamed up window, the sun glaring in my eyes, and couldn't see a thing. Yes

For we are many.

PS£ ID: Monkey369

Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 23:12
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #28
Absolutely gutted for you Andy, such a shame after all that hard work you've put in. Sad

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 08:02
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Not good andy, but it will take some work to get it back to normal if its got a bent floor, big money to fix it, which in all fairness will write it off.

Scotty at finefinish behind topgear can give you a quote for fixing it if you want, he is insurance aproved aswell.

Dan

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 09:48
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Soz to hear this palSad

As you say how stupid was she driving with windows like thatAngry

Have the Police been informed?Smile

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 16:28
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Should I inform the police?
I go away for a week and told her to wait till I return, I don't think insurance claim can be avoided here the floor has slight ripples going all the way to the beam mount.
Rear quarter looks pretty distorted to, I'll try get pics after yea if it's not dark.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 19:26
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #32
yes as she left the scene of an accident, and shouldn't be on the road by the sounds of it.

you shouldn't be claiming of your insurance anyway, it'll all be off hers.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 19:34
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
buzzbrightyear wrote:
Should I inform the police?
I go away for a week and told her to wait till I return, I don't think insurance claim can be avoided here the floor has slight ripples going all the way to the beam mount.
Rear quarter looks pretty distorted to, I'll try get pics after yea if it's not dark.

I would inform the Police,if there are witnesses that will say she drove with the screen so steamed up the Police should atleast go and see her,would like to think they would charge her with something,but knowing this country I doubt itThumbs down
Scary to think what could of happened to kids/pedestriansAngry

Ref the damage,if the boot floor is rippled to the beam mounts I would be looking to get the car written off,buy it back and transfer all your parts onto another shellThumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 20:29
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #34
I doubt the Police will be interested as nobody was injured and you have all her details.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 20:49
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
ian7675 wrote:
I doubt the Police will be interested as nobody was injured and you have all her details.

They may not be from that point of view but it covers your arse if the s**t goes down. I had it in pizza cars 15 years ago, slight nudge no damage first thing person did was report even though I explained I needed my boss to contact him with the details/him ring him to get them if he wanted to pursue no damage that turned into a new bumper needed.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 21:05
ajmckeane

Regular

Post #36
From a serving police officer here goes:-

She should report a collision within 24 hrs to the police. She commits a further offence of driving away from a collision when she destroyed your beautiful car. It's going to have to go through the insurance company it sounds like, so if I were you I would report to the police.

Pass all of the details you have (including witness details) to the police and they will investigate it. It's up to the individual officer to decide on a prosecution. It sounds to me (as long as your witness provide statements) that you have a good case for driving without due care. However the outcome may not be for her to go to court, it could be a driving improvement scheme. This is still finding her at fault and strengthens any insurance claim you have in case she decides to change her story

Hope that helps. Really want to see this lovely car back on the road some day Smile

China's ALIVE !!!
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 21:23
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Dont forget because its 100% not your fault, it doesnt matter how much it will cost to put right, they have to do it. Insurance company wont tell you this as its easier for them just to give you a cheque.
My old car was valued at 1k and someone smashed into my newly painted front end and brand new bumper. Insurnce tried writing it off till i told them i have to be put back in the same situation.

if it was your fault and you were claiming off your own insurance, they only have to pay up market value but this blatently isnt your fault!
Gutted for you Sad only read through your project thread the other day and its mint!
Posted 18th Sep 2012 at 21:38
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Niall wrote:
Dont forget because its 100% not your fault, it doesnt matter how much it will cost to put right, they have to do it. Insurance company wont tell you this as its easier for them just to give you a cheque.
My old car was valued at 1k and someone smashed into my newly painted front end and brand new bumper. Insurnce tried writing it off till i told them i have to be put back in the same situation.

This doesn't work unless the value is somewhere near the same as the repair cost. Some arsehole pulled out on me from a sidestreet and i t-boned him in my ex's Rover (seems he only looked one way) and after 40 plus hours on the phone shouting at anybody right up to the top of the company I got nowhere, adding insult to injury when the payout was pathetic. What insurance company would pay 15K in repairs to fix a car with an insured value of 1K? If they paid you 3x its market worth they're still quids in aren't they.

If his boot floor is crumpled you'll do well to get any insurance company to sign up to it.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 08:55
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #39
Unfortunately, I think tvrfan007 has a point. Sad

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 08:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #40
he does indeed, have had two non fault claims and both times the repair outweighed the value of the car so it was written off.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 09:34
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
tvrfan007 wrote:
Niall wrote:

This doesn't work unless the value is somewhere near the same as the repair cost. Some arsehole pulled out on me from a sidestreet and i t-boned him in my ex's Rover (seems he only looked one way) and after 40 plus hours on the phone shouting at anybody right up to the top of the company I got nowhere, adding insult to injury when the payout was pathetic. What insurance company would pay 15K in repairs to fix a car with an insured value of 1K? If they paid you 3x its market worth they're still quids in aren't they.

If his boot floor is crumpled you'll do well to get any insurance company to sign up to it.

Im just going off of what my insurance company told me (admiral) when someone hit my car. Granted the repair bill for mine was only £300 over the insured value in the end but they were quite happy to write it off until i told them that there was no chance that a 1k payout would buy a car of that age, mileage and condition (well until i found a bloody great hole in the sub frame mounting)

Shame it has to work this way really. Clearly a lot of time and dedication has been put into that car and it could potentially be lost because someone couldnt be bothered to concentrate for a moment
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 15:48
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
I'm sure there hasn't been 5ks worth of damage as that's the agreed value. Also I'm sure you could show them all the photos of what's been done and receipts and your insurance will fight your case. Also not forgetting there's only 3 in the country and yours is a one of a kind, so it's not like you can go out and buy a new one. Especially not for £5000.

Although I would be taking the payout, buying the car back and moving everything over to a dimma shell Cool

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 16:17
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
totally gutted for you mate
feel sick just reading this Sad

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 16:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
Spaceframe time!

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 19:25
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
I wonder how much an aluminum shell would be Razz?

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 19:35
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #46
Any update on this Andy? Unsure

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 22:09
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
Yeah, where's our photo whorage?? :p

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 19th Sep 2012 at 22:42
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
Sorry I've rushed around all morning and now away for a week.
I reported it to my insurance, I didn't want to but felt it was best, I have legal cover and im probably better off with them fighting it than me dealing with her insurance.

The damage isn't that bad, but I havnt done all that work to have it with a distorted rippled quarter panel.
The boot floor is only slightly gone, a few bumps in it and a small wrinkle but it will effect how it all lines up when repaired.
If it was a normal car worth 1k if happily run around in it without a care, but as it is I gone to all that trouble to have a distorted dented quarter panel.
sorrh but Your going to have to wait a week for the pics, I'm away and I couldn't of timed it better I've been real stressed lately!
Andy

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 00:29
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
phillipm wrote:
Spaceframe time!

Hmm I like that idea, but with the corners beefed up!!

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 00:30
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #50
Im sure it will turn out well, There'l probably be a few more pages on that project thread before you know it dude Smile

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 01:18

Pages (4): 1 [2] 3 .. last