Post #26
adam b wrote:
b11 bob wrote:
pugbowk wrote:
Looking to spend around the 500
What's the best track set up
I can get?
Also
What's wrong with the gaz coilovers listed?

Theres nothing wroung with Gaz coilovers just that a lot of members on here dont like them yet many have never fitted them trouble is a lot of members on here are like sheep when one says Gaz coilovers are crap all the others just agree bah b ah bah.
I also just like yourself looked into this before buying a set of Gaz Gold coilovers the product itself i cannot fault however you must get them set up otherwise your car will be all over the place which is what i had yet no one on here could advise me on the best setting to have them on yet many say there no good etc yet never fitted them.Theres a chap on here called rallyash who has a Gaz GHA kit on his track car and has never had any issues with them seems to me the guys that have issues with them are the ones who never fitted them

Still haven't seen anything to back up your 235 claim. You got conclusive proof on suspension now too?

They're ok, better than a lot of the crap about and work fine for what most people need. I have what I have because I get it at a great price and it mostly works when the spring rates are ok.
Like i said on here before and the offer is open to all if you want to see proof of my 235 bhp then yoi are welcome to view it in person .Regards suspension i can only pass on what i know from experience instead of slagging of a sespension set up because everyone else does

205 GTI6 235 bhp at 7400 rpm
Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 23:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #27
I'd prefer not to thanks, I don't swing that way Laugh my ass off

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 23:10
b11 bob Banned!

Post #28
welshpug! wrote:
I'd prefer not to thanks, I don't swing that way Laugh my ass off[/quotne]I have yet to meet a sheep that swings but i dont see as many has you

Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 23:55
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
b11 bob wrote:
welshpug! wrote:
I'd prefer not to thanks, I don't swing that way Laugh my ass off[/quotne]I have yet to meet a sheep that swings but i dont see as many has you

Yawn.

Nothing to see here
Posted 26th Apr 2012 at 23:11
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
b11 bob wrote:
i know from experience instead of slagging of a sespension set up because everyone else does

No, I've seen them a year old in a suspension dyno.
Fine for road use.

A lot of old Leda in them Wink

Nothing to see here
Posted 26th Apr 2012 at 23:14
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
There is a clear difference between £500 and £1000 coilovers and that is because more time is spent developing them and the materials used are of higher quality. Having now been in a B8/Eibach equipped car i fully agree that is the way to go with regards to an on road/light track setup and i couldnt see in anyway how a £500 "coilover" setup would beat that!

In regards to tractor like, even a 6 on standard suspension is not tractor like and has the perfect balance for a highly enjoyable and capable car on the road. On the road you need compliance and with cheaper coilover units it seems hard to achieve this.

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 00:31
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
fatlapit wrote:
plus they aint cheap etither!!

In terms of dampers? They're very cheap.

Hell, my Foxes are still what I'd consider the bottom end of the market.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 00:42
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
footah212 wrote:

Who adjusts their road car suspension enough to warrant coilovers?

Me, and even I don't have coilovers. LOL

(yet)

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 00:44
b11 bob Banned!

Post #34
phillipm wrote:
footah212 wrote:

Who adjusts their road car suspension enough to warrant coilovers?

Me, and even I don't have coilovers. LOL

(yet)
Coilovers give the flexability to adjust your suspen ion to whatever you want from full on track day to mild road use preset dampers only cater for road or track use i would prefer to have the flexability and adjustment coilovers have over preset dampers

Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 03:39
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #35
Cheap nasty coilovers won't work anywhere near as good as quality conventional dampers be it on road or track.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 09:46
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
But adjustment means that you have to have some clue and understanding about damping rates etc, its a load of crap, you underdamp for the road and then overdamp for the track. Not really the correct way to do things is it?

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 09:56
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
phillipm wrote:
fatlapit wrote:
plus they aint cheap etither!!

In terms of dampers? They're very cheap.

Hell, my Foxes are still what I'd consider the bottom end of the market.

Mine are entry level too really Smile

Nothing to see here
Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 10:50
docwra

Regular

Post #38
b11 bob wrote:
I can say from experience due to fitting the Gaz gold kit on my car i find them to be a quality product and exellent value for the price.

Can I ask how many other sets of coilovers youve had fitted to your 306 then? Smile

Lots of Nissans, two 306 GTI-6's. They are catching up! Big grin
Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 15:22
b11 bob Banned!

Post #39
docwra wrote:
b11 bob wrote:
I can say from experience due to fitting the Gaz gold kit on my car i find them to be a quality product and exellent value for the price.

Can I as how many other sets of coilovers youve had fitted to your 306 then? Smile

This is my first set of coilovers fitted on my 205 however based on all the horror storys ive heard about coilovers i find these to have a better ride quality than original peugeot dampers.I used to have bilistein b4 with eibach front springs and yellow konis with eibachs and 200lbs custom made springs and none of them gave a better ride or where better on pot holes than the Gaz golds are.
Now before i got these everyone said they will be to hard and uncomfortable for road use.The only downside to these are they are showing up all the weak components on the rest of the car affter fitting i found out my rear beam mounts have play in them and my rear beam needs rebuilding also my drop links need to be relplaced and i coulkd do with a new set of engine mounts.
Other than that i still dont think im getting the full potencial out of these by not being on the correct ride height which is vital to get the right balance so instead of continiosly setting the ride height once ive sorted my rear beam out and everything else im gonna get the car set up by corner weighting it so i know its sitting perfect.

Posted 27th Apr 2012 at 19:19

Pages (2): 1 [2]