Yep good point

TEAM Supercharged Rallye

Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 18:59
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #77
mabgti wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Low boost '6' would not outpower an R26R in a straight line...No

I beg to differ 1100kg, 284bhp... Bhp/tonne is key!

Blimey Mabz, you must be really pushing the boundries on a std engine with that power output! Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 19:04
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
mabgti wrote:

I beg to differ 1100kg, 284bhp... Bhp/tonne is key!

Mine is currently 1040kg, fairly well setup, r888's but not had it RR'd yet. Would love to have a play on track against an R26R Yes

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 19:55
swifter gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
buzzbrightyear wrote:
owain wrote:
I dunno, the R has got some serious torque.

renos except they drop apart after 6 years

I do see some crap posted on the internet!

Wedding and portrait photography click here
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 20:14
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
swifter gti6 wrote:
buzzbrightyear wrote:
owain wrote:
I dunno, the R has got some serious torque.

renos except they drop apart after 6 years

I do see some crap posted on the internet!

They do drop apart after a few years, look at the statistics for reliability and Reno arnt exactly high up on there either.
I used to work for a Reno main dealer it was trucks but all the company cars was renos and my dad ran renos for years and years, they was great cars when newish, get That mileage up a bit though and they are shit, everything breaks at once.
New ones may be different but I hardly see any on the road anymore, i used to see loads of renos about But now I rarely see them, glad really because there a pile of shite, any manufacture can make a fast car, doesn't make Reno special for making the megane r, infact I think I've only ever seen 3-4 on the road ever, just shows that fords equivalent is much better.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 21:25
swifter gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #81
Absolute shite - sure they dont have a great rep, but to say they all drop apart after 6 years is rubbish. Granted maybe the MK1 Megane did, but so did early 306's. I certainly know a lot of non Renaultsport do suffer electrical issues, but until the 250 they where made in completly different factorys.

Pugs and Citroens are no better. I have had four Peugeots and my current R26 has been better than all of them. Had it three years now without any issues at all. It doesn't even rattle or creak.

Your not looking enough, I see loads of normal 225 Meganes, loads of Clio 182's etc and even a few R26's. My mate has had a 182 cup for 4 years now and apart from a broken spring (which I had on my 6) its been perfect and its been hammered.

As for Ford? My brother in law had a Focus ST, this did cause problems, so much he sold it. Not to mention 22mpg (when drive lightly) and its sloppy, soggy suspension.

Fact is, Pug now make shit cars, Renault make the best hot hatches.

Quite clearly you are a Renault hatter (I used to be), so it was pointless me typing all that.

Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 21:43
mabgti

NV motors

Post #82
I only stated my figures, its not a normal lbsc 6. Check the project section.

Stripped and live mapped by wayne schofield with more boost. 300hp is prolly the limit of the standard engine. Im happy with 284 for now. Its all about charge temps and egt when tuning a forced induced high compression engine!

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 22:02
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #83
This thread is making me giggle somewhat. Comparing a modified car to a standard one is somewhat pointless IMO. And besides given the choice, if I had to go back to a FWD hatch, I'd choose the R26 over a 6/rallye. Now that's not to say the 6/Rallye is a bad car (because it really isn't) but it is old and dated.

And yes in the right hands it will keep up with, and maybe beat, an R26 round a track, but that'd be down to the driver more than anything and not the car.

As for Renaults being unreliable - it's like everything and every car manufacturer, if you sell enough of them there will be some dud ones. Rarely do you hear "Wow I've had my car for xxxx miles and it's had no problems" You only hear "my (whatever make) has broken down xxx times and cost me xxx money"

Swings and roundabouts my friendsSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 22:03
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #84
I don't hate renos I used to like them, and the new ones do look a huge improvement, I see loads of Clio 182s and 172s but rarely see any megane sport models.
Infact I rarely see an new renos anymore at all.
The older ones did drop apart which was a shame as they were a
Nice drive when new, as for the newer ones I can't really comment but the stats show there's not much improvement in the reliability department with them.
As for fords i suppose it's hit and miss, some are
Perfect and no trouble and some arenothing but a nightmare, I think it's down to the last owner and maintenance eg, luckily mine is great, solid and relaible and I've given it some stick, my mates mondeos have also been great but we've got one as a company car now and it breaks down every week but I think it's not been maintained or looked after whatsoever.

swifter gti6 wrote:
Absolute shite - sure they dont have a great rep, but to say they all drop apart after 6 years is rubbish. Granted maybe the MK1 Megane did, but so did early 306's. I certainly know a lot of non Renaultsport do suffer electrical issues, but until the 250 they where made in completly different factorys.

Pugs and Citroens are no better. I have had four Peugeots and my current R26 has been better than all of them. Had it three years now without any issues at all. It doesn't even rattle or creak.

Your not looking enough, I see loads of normal 225 Meganes, loads of Clio 182's etc and even a few R26's. My mate has had a 182 cup for 4 years now and apart from a broken spring (which I had on my 6) its been perfect and its been hammered.

As for Ford? My brother in law had a Focus ST, this did cause problems, so much he sold it. Not to mention 22mpg (when drive lightly) and its sloppy, soggy suspension.

Fact is, Pug now make shit cars, Renault make the best hot hatches.

Quite clearly you are a Renault hatter (I used to be), so it was pointless me typing all that.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 22:08
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #85
f*cking renos

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 22:14
    swifter gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #86
    buzzbrightyear wrote:
    I think it's down to the last owner and maintenance eg,

I couldn't agree more with this.

Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 22:15
    Demograffix.com

Regular

Post #87
    A Clio 172 was trying to keep up with me on the motor way and couldn't, my 6 is standard no mods

stevenage black gti 6, 198bhp
    Posted 27th Jan 2012 at 22:30
    ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #88
    Is anyone else getting bored of the word Reno?

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
    Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
    Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
    Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
    Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 02:07
    ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #89
    I have a Renault Megane, it's very reliable and well built. Nothing has broken and all runs smoothly after nearly 7 years and 90k miles. It definitely puts confidence into Renault and I would really consider getting another. That new Laguna Coupe looks lovely.

And stop calling it Reno, it's Renault. Surely people can't be that lazy to type an extra 3 letters.

Less than 24 hours to go!
    Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 08:08
    tom275

Regular

Post #90
    It makes sense that a 10 year newer car is going to handle better and be more powerful etc, if id spent 20k on an r26r though Id be a lot more careful in the bends!
    Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 08:31
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #91
    Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno

Can people please stop calling peugeots pug, surely your not that lazy to type an extra 5 words

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 09:18
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #92
    swifter gti6 wrote:

Fact is, Pug now (and always have since the 205) make cars that SELL AND MAKE THEM MONEY, Renault make the best hot hatches.

Thumbs up

buzzbrightyear wrote:
    yadda yadda yadda

c*nt Thumbs up

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 09:25
    clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
    dangti6 wrote:
    f*cking renos

Team 'unintentional rat look'
    Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 15:09
    steve954

Seasoned Pro

Post #94
    i will just say this a r26r @ 15k now will be worth maybe the same next year, a 1k 6 with 14k spent on it will be worth £500 next yearThumbs up

stevie
    09 308 gt140 cc
    03 octavia vrs

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, IT AIN'T A GTI6
    Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 15:39
    thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #95
    buzzbrightyear wrote:
    Can people please stop calling peugeots pugs, surely your not that lazy to type an extra 5 words

It's letters not words Whistle And surely only 4 not 5 Dunno I may have missed the point though.

In answer to the OP's question. If I were to set up a low boost 6 to beat a renault megane r26r I'd do it by telling the driver of said r26r to go easy on them. Oh not that type of set up.....

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 15:46
    arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #96
    daveyboy wrote:
    I gave a saloon car racer (so he knew how to drive) a very hard time I'm my stripped and caged Rallye at Collerne. He was faster down the straights, but through the corners I was able to carry more speed and negate some of his straight line advantage. However he was suffering from brake fade and as such was backing off a little early into the heavy braking zones. I was pushing 190 brake on Jenveys and aprox 1050kgs at the time. I had GAZ golds, 30mm ARB, solid beam bushes, neg camber front, 21mm bars. Tyres were R888s. I chatted to him after in the paddock, he was surprised and somewhat miffed that I pegged him for 5 laps before letting md go, until he got the lowdown on my setup. If his brakes were sorted and I had had 30-40 more bhp it could've been a very good match, I like to think I'd have done him though Big grin

Collerne? Blink It's MOD isn't it? I went there on a dust cart, slowest vehicle to NOT 'take off' on the runway!

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
    2008 BMW ///M 320d
    Posted 29th Jan 2012 at 18:51
    ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #97
    buzzbrightyear wrote:
    Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno Reno

Can people please stop calling peugeots pug, surely your not that lazy to type an extra 5 words

f*ck this place! Roll eyes

Less than 24 hours to go!
    Posted 29th Jan 2012 at 19:04

Pages (4): first .. 2 3 [4]