simonjames wrote:
No membership = No access simples

The site would be empty in a week.
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 18:39
khj100

Senior User

Post #27
grumpychef wrote:
perhaps the mods can just lock unauthorised questions which appear in general with a timely comment about membership packages?

I personally agree with everyone's views. I'm sure Ash is taking this all on board.

Regarding the above though, I'll try to keep an eye on it. Just remember in the meanwhile that 5 "report threads" and it will get automatically locked and drawn to our attention.

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 20:03
techdw

Senior User

Post #28
The only reason I haven't got membership, is nothing to do with the price at all, but the fact the all the guys with the knowledge on the cars refuse to pay to give help to others, which I do agree with.

I'm just waiting to see how things go as it seem everyone if just after refunds.

Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 20:54
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
At the end of the day, some are complaining some don't care, either way can everyone stop as it takes the p*ss on Ash. He has I'm sure spent a lot of hrs on this site, it has it's fault but the cheek of paying him £5 or £20 and then asking for it back is a joke

Ash don't refund anyone, they won't default on their mortgages if they don't get that £5 back

Suck it up you battyboys.

ash thanks for this forum...it ain't perfect but I'm sure we're all glad it at least exists

Brappp
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 21:21
mcfc1987

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
You don't pay you cum guzzling moron

Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 22:06
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
mcfc1987 wrote:
You don't pay you cum guzzling moron

Now there's a mature comment fair play Roll eyes .

I agree that Ash shouldnt give refunds Tbh, I doubt I would if it was me. The way I see it is everyone had the same option, buy membership or view for free.
You cant buy something, use it for a few weeks then demand your money back when you decide you dont like it anymore. Everyone had the chance to see the new forum before they paid for membership so I cant see what ash has done to need to refund anyone.

I think those that want a refund should consider themselves pretty fortunate that Ash is tidy enough to give you one.

Ryan
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 22:46
BrianM

Regular

Post #32
Admittedly, i haven't paid. Why? Thankfully the kind members of this forum have answered my questions in the General chat section. The £5 membership doesn't seem to get you much and £10 seems a little bit dear for the use of a forum. I was going to go ahead and pay but then all this chitter chatter came up and got me thinking and has put me off parting with my 10 pound note that i'd prefer to spend on buying paint to de-rust my rallye.

'13 208 Gti Bianca White, '99 Bianca 306 Rallye, '92 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr, '92 Miami Blue 309 GTi 3dr.
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 22:47
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Hi I have paid for Gold membership, I think in a way it is only fair that i pay for the upkeep of the site that Ash keeps running. Yes it is a pain that non members can post as i thought without paying i wouldnt be able to post! Refunds no! But give the paying members an advantage over non paying visitors

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 09:33
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Bloody double post!!!

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 09:58
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
I've not paid yet either. I thought I wouldn't be able to post unless I paid, but it seems I can which kind of defeats the object of paying.
For what I use the forum for I wouldn't want to pay.
I mean come on, would you pay for the privilege of slagging a certain spares seller off at every given moment??
The only thing I'm gutted about is that I can't update my project thread Sad

Seriously though, I think if you don't pay you don't post! Simples
I will be paying, I pay £20 a year for my psooc membership and post far less on there than here but I do get some stickers, a tax disc holder and a quarterly magazine, I've just not got round to it and think there should be a paypal payment option but the member pays the fees.

roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 10:00
BrianM

Regular

Post #36
I'm a committee member on PSCUK, and yes our membership is higher, but the printing costs of Torque (the club mag) is phenomenally high to the point where it is subsidized from any profits made at PugFest but we're avoiding a price increase of membership and is actually many thanks to the people that came from this pugfest who paid £10 to attend pugfest to help run my magazine...in fact. I've just shot myself in the foot there, i'll get my wallet and pay for gold in a sec. LOL.

Don't get me wrong, i want to help pay to run this place anyway as it's been helpful but still feel £10's a bit dear. £5 maybe for gold and £3 for silver or something and it could potentially get more people involved.

I realise that it costs money to run a site, but at £10 a time for gold, where the extra fiver gives you the ability to watch threads, add many pics in the gallery, watch photos, enter competitions, increase in inbox size and amount of pics in classifieds, might not make everyone want to spend the extra fiver? There was a point where I thought to myself, well where does the line cross from helping one another on what once was a free forum to becoming a profit making venture?

Anyway...my wallet's oot.

'13 208 Gti Bianca White, '99 Bianca 306 Rallye, '92 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr, '92 Miami Blue 309 GTi 3dr.
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 13:24
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #37
...with all this moaning (which is understandable), I wouldn't be surprised if Ash just said "f*ck you all" and just shuts the site down.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 13:28
MCH_GTi6

formerly mch

Post #38
I agree with the fact you dont really get much for your money but I'm not gonna go jumping up and down wanting my money back...

Maybe reward the early payers with an extension on their membership when its all settled down and things are working as ash planned?

Team Moonstone� Ph3 GTI6
Team Rallye
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 13:38
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
ian7675 wrote:
...with all this moaning (which is understandable), I wouldn't be surprised if Ash just said "f*ck you all" and just shuts the site down.

I am too suprised Ash hasn't told us to go f*ck ourselves. I can't believe from most people wanting this site to change to a subscription that now nobody wants to pay. It's a fiver for f*ck sakes!!!

Roll eyes

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 15:18
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
Brian, I'm not slagging pscuk off if that's how you read it, or maybe I've misread your post Sad
I don't understand why this forum isn't read only unless you pay!!
As for the different levels of membership what's the point?
If it only let's you post more pics in your classified adverts, allows you to watch threads and gives you a bigger inbox then is it worth it? I say no it isn't.
Not when you can add a link to your photo bucket and display lots of pictures!
I understand that the coatings of running such a forum can be quite high, but more people will pay £5 and £3 than £10 and £5.
Maybe now is the time to make traders/none traders who strip cars all the time pay to sell?
There is one person who has made lots of money from this forum and not really contributed to the site!
I would willingly pay for such a privilege if I was still trading!

roland rat wrote:

Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 16:04
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
So where can't I post then?

Nothing to see here
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 19:33
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
adam b wrote:

In any of the technical sections. But you can just post it in General and people will just answer it anyway.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 19:40
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
adam b wrote:

I thought you said 'f*ck you' to everyone and left?
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 19:59
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
jsoulman wrote:
adam b wrote:

Every pram appears to have an undo button inbuilt to return the toys to it. Just ask Gilesy.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 20:12
BrianM

Regular

Post #45
peetypug wrote:
Brian, I'm not slagging pscuk off if that's how you read it, or maybe I've misread your post Sad
I don't understand why this forum isn't read only unless you pay!!

No, i realise you weren't slagging pscuk off, I was merely letting others know that aren't familiar with PSCUK as to why it's £20 for membership. Smile

Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 20:20
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
thugpuggin wrote:
jsoulman wrote:
adam b wrote:

Every pram appears to have an undo button inbuilt to return the toys to it. Just ask Gilesy.

Well its coming up to cheapy buy time to break them isn't it? Whistle

Nothing to see here
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 20:40
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
thugpuggin wrote:
jsoulman wrote:
adam b wrote:

LOL genius.
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 20:47
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #48
Shock
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 20:51
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
I paid £20 to be a member of PSOOC which I have only posted on there 12 times since last year!

I personally think £10 is cheap! Its not even 3p a day.... Obviously If you don't use the site/post much then paying membership may seem a little pointless. Im on here practically every day, I don't have a '6, yes but I love seeing other members cars/projects and tbh some of the banter is legendary!! LOL

As said without Ash there would not be a Forum, give him some credit FFS! Wink

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 20:53
BrianM

Regular

Post #50
Just purchased some gold membership! Smile

Posted 20th Oct 2011 at 21:25

Pages (5): 1 [2] 3 .. last