displaying posts 1 to 25 of 106

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: Refunds????
mcfc1987

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Can full members get a refund? Being a paid member offers no benefits so can i please have my money back? The ten quid will allow me to wine and dine the Mrs with an M&S meal for two.
Alternatively don't allow non members to post

Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 22:38
velar

Regular

Post #2
Yes

L reg "black and blue" phase 1 track 6
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 22:43
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #3
I have to agree.

They are making a mess on the forum by posting any old tripe in the genaral section and asking the same questions that have been answered before.

Sadly I think Ash has shot himself in the foot with the various membership packages also.would have been easier to say £10 everyone like the Cliosport site for example and left it at that.
Posted 16th Oct 2011 at 22:47
captainash Admin

Post #4
mcfc1987 wrote:
Being a paid member offers no benefits

Roll eyes

mcfc1987 wrote:
can i please have my money back?

Just send me a PM confirming this and I'll refund your membership.

quote:
Ash is in charge, from afar
Posted 17th Oct 2011 at 00:39
captainash Admin

Post #5
roland rat wrote:
They are making a mess on the forum by posting any old tripe in the genaral section and asking the same questions that have been answered before.

Let them. Threads in the General and Off-Topic forums have a shorter life than threads elsewhere.

quote:
Ash is in charge, from afar
Posted 17th Oct 2011 at 00:40
rikky 🦔

Post #6
doesnt stop them getting the answer before someone sees it though! beginning to think this is all a bad idea and needs reworking because everyone's just using General now for their inane questions. the paid ones are theoretically worse off LOL

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 14:55
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
^ let them. if you are do not want to answer theie questions then just dont, but if you are annoyed that other people are deciding to still help them out for free, then get a refund and join the revolution...

its ironic that paid members are moaning that its only £5-£20 to non-paid members but at the end of the day, paid up members did get slightly mugged off but dont worry, its only £5-£20...
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 15:07
seans6

Senior User

Post #8
Agreed with what has been said. I paid up as i thought the forum was going to get locked down to non paying members, now ive thought about it and been checking the forum, nothing has really changed. I appreciate these things take time to do, but would be nice to see abit more control over posts. If that doesnt happen soon then you might aswell open it all up again and give everyone a refund.

Or another idea, you can sign upto the forum for free, but you cant make a post? Just search, then you can make your mind up if you want to pay or not?
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 15:32
billyboy99

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
seans6 wrote:
Or another idea, you can sign upto the forum for free, but you cant make a post? Just search, then you can make your mind up if you want to pay or not?

oi ssshh
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 15:38
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
or non members threads dont go live (other members to see) for 24 hours, so if they have a Question that needs an answer ASAP they will pay for thread to go live straight away

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 15:54
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
simonjames wrote:
or non members threads dont go live (other members to see) for 24 hours, so if they have a Question that needs an answer ASAP they will pay for thread to go live straight away

i like this idea

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 16:14
ryangti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
russbez wrote:
simonjames wrote:

i like this idea

I dont, you get the free search so people will just use that for urgent problems or people will happily wait 24 hours for the thread to go live making membership pretty pointless.
Personally I dont think non paying members should be able to start new threads at all but if that were to stop in general and off topic I think this forum would go very quiet.

Ryan
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 17:00
mcfc1987

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
I don't think it will go quiet as we still have soulman enticing bumders to bus stops

Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 17:16
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #14
i have to agree with the above comments i have not paid membership YET, i do intend to but i do see peoples points about asking questions in the general section! it would peeve me if i had paid too! perhaps the mods can just lock unauthorised questions which appear in general with a timely comment about membership packages? or paid up members could report the threads and get them locked there fore encouraging folk to buy membership for technical questions.

(ps not that it is of concern; but i kinda liked the donate button and will be buying membership in the future)

OR everybody could just flame them to the nth degree whenever an unpaid member asks a question in general when it should be in technical?

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 17:42
ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
Deal. Starting now!

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 18:00
velar

Regular

Post #16
Been on other forums which let you view a few thread then block any further threads with a message like "you appear to have viewed your maximum number of free threads. Please subscribe to the forum to continue access."

L reg "black and blue" phase 1 track 6
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 18:03
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
I'm not prepared to pay to help someone else with a technical query! Why should I? And that's all membership offers if we're honestWink

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 19:02
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
That's my point, I offered Forum discounts or did until the membership came around on the Gear rods, dampers etc and now I cannot reply to any teccy posts and to me I think why should I pay to help someone out with a problem?
I can understand about the adverting as I do pay a amount on other forum's.

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 18th Oct 2011 at 20:31
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
If non paying newbies couldnt post other than hi I am new it would also stop trolls like the rubber johnie who has just slimed all over the forum!!!

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 00:09
allesclar

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
1) im not a tight c*nt.
2) the help i have got off this site over the years has helped me SAVE more than the £5 i paid to join
3) i do understand where people are coming from though as it seems the same shit is still popping up.

Team allesclar ®

Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 13:05
cwspellowe

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
surely a better idea would be like that of pug306.net?

Paid subscription for access to 'the bible', all technical guides go in there like the faq section now, and only paid members can sell?

Leaves people free to ask specific questions but all the faq's need to be paid for, £5 a year is nothing for the amount of knowledge that can be gained but at the minute everyone has free access to it.

Means members like stevie can help others without having to pay for the privilege, and the onus is on the new kid looking for a guide to pay for the privilege.

Just my tuppence.

Bye bye Sundance Kid Sad
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 13:15
simonjames

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
No membership = No access simples

All South Wales Members Click Here
Team Supercharged Black RALLYE ™ (Click Here for Build Project)
MY EBAY ITEMS

Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 13:34
CUJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
simonjames wrote:

This.

Wave

340 horses
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 13:37
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
CUJ wrote:
simonjames wrote:

This.

Wave

+1

its not like I cant afford it, but I have an issue with spending money on things I cant physically touch.
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 14:07
lukejenks101

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
I dont mind paying but i have no use for the site tbh as i dont have a 6 anymore!
I only really come on to sell parts through work, which i dont benefit from, and make up a few facebook appreciation pages. Plus im skint LOL

PS3 I.D - jenkers101

Live i.d - Lukejenks1201
Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 15:19

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 .. last