displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Help - More brake issues
ben306

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Last night I was fitting the Roller Bearing Bushes (Awesome btw, nice work Rich). Gave the car a check over while I was at it, and found my new Mintex pads to be nearly done! Theyve done no more than 100 miles.

Ive got an issue with something sticking somewhere but what? Cannot afford to be going through £80 worth of pad like this, if anything it rules out any issue with the ds2500 which I initially thought. Its obvious a caliper issue.

Im also running grooved disc's so that wont help but in the past I've never had problems like this.

As you can see from my sketch, one pad is nearly new, the other 3 are almost shot. Whats sticking there, whats wrong? Sliders etc all seem fine but I need to sort this before Blyton on saturday.

My 306 Rallye Project Thread

Few recent Youtube track videos, more on my channel
Pair of Rallye's doing a few laps of Anglesey

Lap of Anglesey Coastal

3 sisters circuit

Few laps at Blyton
Posted 21st Jul 2011 at 13:21
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
shot wheel bearings, sticky master cylinder, dodgy batch of pads, odd for it to affect both sides though

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Jul 2011 at 13:36
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #3
I'd put the blame on the fat pad, looks like its not gripping the disc, whats the inside of that disc like?

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 21st Jul 2011 at 20:15