displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: White Rallye project - T512 SDE
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #1
As some may know I saved this rallye from being torn apart by Roland Rat. I've always wanted a white rallye but they've always been out of my price range. I was originally going to have the shell and interior, then reshell my track 6 into it, but, after a bit of thinking and seeing the pics of it, I decided to raid my bank account and have the full car. I want to put it back to standard form and use it for some shows and nice weather driving. Keep it for best sort of thing.

I picked it up from Welshpug on a friday night, I convinced my dad to come with me and drive it back. He wasnt too happy about it as he'd not long got back from work and has hated driving all the 306's i've owned before, but after getting it home he said he quite liked it, it would've been a shame to break it but he wouldnt sell his mx-5 for one.

Anyway, I gave it a good sponge bath on the Saturday and had a really good look over it, few dents in the doors, scuffs on the bumpers, it needs some new decals and has a broken mirror cover but that can all be sorted.

Then I got it up on the ramp for a look underneath, bit of rust coming in in the usual places, holes in the center exhaust, and a leaky rear crank oil seal is about all i could find.

On the plus side the rear beam looks like new. I was told it had been rebuilt with all pug bits and it does look good, the calipers both look newish too, the wheels are mint with good tyres and in general the car does look great, I'm very pleased with it.

Plans are to pull the engine, respray the engine bay and the full floor, fix all the little bits and bobs and then get the polish out on it. This will be when the weather improves tho, so until then It's under a cover I bought for the track car in the corner of the shed with a very dusty Gti-6 to keep it company.

I know a few members on here have owned and seen it about so feel free to add any pics and info about the car so i can put together some history on it. Thanks

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 00:08
BrianM

Regular

Post #2
Well done on saving it mate Smile Although I was looking forward to receiving those wheels LOL

'13 208 Gti Bianca White, '99 Bianca 306 Rallye, '92 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr, '92 Miami Blue 309 GTi 3dr.
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 00:16
wilyoldave

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Yep second Brian, good on you for saving it, must be getting a pretty rare beast now.

Will keep an eye on this thread...especially when you get the engine out!

No more peugeots Sad

Snap - no more RS clioSad

Now Ph1 RS clio Smile
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 00:28
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I was hoping to have my beam back aswell. Ah well never mind.

I only did the subtle mods to it, and it was a cracking car when I owned it.

I hope my next car will be just as good

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 29th Feb 2012 at 03:51