displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: newbe ..just lowering springs question
colinthegun

Post #1
hi guys had a read of previous posts but as im new here i though i could get away with asking a question that may have ben asked before
Whistle
im not that mechanically minded btw Big grin

Lowering springs can these just go straight on ive read a lot about the rear torsion bar is this a change that's required as well ? or can u get away with just springs for a slightly lower look ?
Posted 15th Apr 2011 at 17:20
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #2
A 306 only has springs on the front, yes u can lower the front and leave the rear at standard height. the rear beam can be adjusted to suit too and that can range from a 'bit of a challenge' to a 'kent of a job'.

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 17:28
colinthegun

Post #3
ahh ok cheers for the info got some lowering springs believe they will lower by 40mm any recommendations on what id need the rear done by? ive been reading alot on here since picking up my 6 and it seems they like to have the nose slightly lower? although not 40mm lower LOL is it just a case of taking to a garage and saying can u lower her ass by the same as the springs please as id have no chance of doing this my self.

cheers
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 17:35
pete26

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Was this paulas car? and wasnt that already lowerd

Ph2 Black GTI6
Ph3 China GTI6
206 xsi manstone daily runner (GAY)
Ph1 Cherry Red GTI6
307 HDi 110

Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 18:20
mark.evs

Senior User

Post #5
U need to take it to some1 that knows what they're doing, not just any old garage, might be worth asking the boys on here that live by u to help u out or recomend a place to take it. When i've done it in the past i thought that 1 notch was equal to about 30mm drop, if u look into it it gets mega confusing. i did a bit of trial and error and it turned out perfect. Big grin

My GTi6 track project

White Rallye project
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 18:27
colinthegun

Post #6
pete26 wrote:
Was this paulas car? and wasnt that already lowerd

nope i dont believe so picked it up from essex and for that part of the country surprisingly standard LOL
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 19:06
colinthegun

Post #7
Anyone know of any good garages in sussex then that i should get my suspension lowered with Smile
Posted 20th Apr 2011 at 19:07
methylether

Junior User

Post #8
colinthegun wrote:
Anyone know of any good garages in sussex then that i should get my suspension lowered with Smile

Seeing as you and I practically neighbors, I was planning to take mine to this guy...

http://www.krisb.co.uk/

Had a couple of people recommend him and he's only near Gatwick. Not seen you about, i've got a Blaze GTi-6 with black wheels and bonnet.

Team Sam Sparro
Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 19:55
colinthegun

Post #9
Keep your eyes open I've only just got her will be around and yea I'm booked in with krisb tomorrow Smile
Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 20:34
braymond

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
colinthegun wrote:

A little way west of you is Lynx garage in Havant(Rich_W from this forum) who knows these machines very well and is well respected on here.

Rallye-R

Nurburgring article
Posted 26th Apr 2011 at 20:42