displaying posts 1 to 20 of 20

Author Subject: White Wallye
axnxdxy

Regular

Post #1
Having owned this for coming up to a year now, I thought it was about time I got a project thread up (and possibly contribute more around these parts..)

Rallye in question is the ex press car that appeared on the cover of Revs.

Plans are for the car to be a part time track toy, but not to the extent of stripping and caging at this time (can't fit the bike in around a cage).

Any welding, confusing bits, or general things I don't wish to do will/have been carried out by Chris at Tolman Motorsport, who I would recommend to anyone with track related needs!

First things first, inspection, oil change, solid engine mounts, new pads (DS2500), discs (Brembo), braided lines and fluid.

With these sorted a little extra turned up that I could not turn down...

No pictures of them in the car, but butchered a set of gti6 seat frames so I could use the sliding mechanism to give a small amount of access to the back seat.

Fairly pleased with first track outing in it, but still lots more I want to do..

Picked this up from Ash (the pipe was filthy when I got it.. had to give it much polishing Whistle )

That + decat seems to have given it a lovely noise when you get going, no boomyness, and not a lot of noise at low revs Smile

Then time for the expensive bits...

Avo GTX coilovers, with a little added extra -

Trying to save my poor student-like pennies so I can afford to get it on track to try these out now!

At some point I also fitted some headlights *yawn*

And that is about it, next plans are to get some harness mounts welded in for the driver, and a second set of wheels for track use. Plans for the summer are to strip down the front end and try to get rid of as much rust as possible. Long term plans - Ninja

That is all Smile

Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 06:24
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #2
Sorry but you must change the thread title as ''wallye'' is a copyrighted trademark © of ratboy enterprises ltd

Other than that,you know I have much seat envy Dry and also applude your choice of exhaust Thumbs up
Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 06:44
axnxdxy

Regular

Post #3
Maybe I have a speach impediment? Razz
Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 06:48
turbowagon

Regular

Post #4
the hubs new or something special about them? loving the work tho

slowest project car ever.com
Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 15:16
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Top mounts have got top adjustable camber mounts

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 15:28
fbmmart

Junior User

Post #6
Hi Andy, cars looking great ! Good work, should be a right laugh to drive Big grin

Your old car just needs a wiper motor problem sorting and the cage/seats bolting back in and the weight reduction work I started on it will be complete.. WIll be up for sale though as I bought a Group N spec 306 Rally car.

Funny that you bough this car as I have the other 'OAC' press car LOL

Good luck with the car, looks great !
Posted 3rd Jan 2011 at 16:14
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Looks good mate!

Those seats are fapping lovely Love

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 4th Jan 2011 at 00:53
306andy

Senior User

Post #8
Well done for getting the thread up Andy. I'm looking forward to the next step in the Rallye's developments.

TEAM 205 GTi-5
TEAM Phase 1 GTi-6

xbox Live tag: SilverGTi6
Posted 4th Jan 2011 at 01:16
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Good work. Cool

Are those Hubs brand new?

How much did they cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Posted 4th Jan 2011 at 01:20
axnxdxy

Regular

Post #10
Hi Martin, have you got pictures/thread on here? Be good to see it before you get rid - still miss it!

Stu, yes the the hubs were brand new from Peugeot, had them sat in the garage as I bought them for something else then didn't use them, decided I'd rather fit them than sell them at a loss though. Can't remember the cost, will try to dig out the invoice.
Posted 6th Jan 2011 at 23:33
rallyeash

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
lovely, got some nice bits going on. this james's old rallye yeah?

230 hp 2.1 16v XU 205 rallye on jenveysHyper Project thread here
309 3dr K20 Type R
Posted 6th Jan 2011 at 23:54
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
i mite be getting a set of those avo's what lb spring have you got?? 20mm or 21mm bars?

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 03:38
rikky 🦔

Post #13
i have heard a lot of stories on these avo's with them being setup properly. loads of people i have heard say they can't get them to a suitable preference and keep getting shot of them. joney had these (i think) and had them properly set up by pete farmer racing and was very happy on the other hand

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 03:54
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
hmmmmmmm what would you go for then rikky?? 250-300 worth

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 04:07
axnxdxy

Regular

Post #15
Yea it was James's Rallye, unfortunately not as clean now I own it LOL

Bars are whatever was on it - on to do list is to look at arb and beam. They have been set up here, haven't been able to play properly on a track yet but very happy on some twisty roads so far. Springs we played around with a few times, I think we settled for 350lb but might be wrong there.

Hovis the gtx kit on there is around £900+, you may be thinking of the gtz kit at around that price?
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 04:24
rikky 🦔

Post #16
looks good though, sorry didn't mean to fill your project thread with criticism, merely an observation on them coilovers generally LOL

lotek, not sure really, i hear good things about the AP Sportfasdfgkweferkrautenxshiezer ones but not sure. i am converting some existing shockers to coilovers using rallydesign parts and custom springs and hopefully swap the hubs over

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 04:29
axnxdxy

Regular

Post #17
rikky wrote:
looks good though, sorry didn't mean to fill your project thread with criticism, merely an observation on them coilovers generally LOL

Haha no need to apologise - will find out in due course if they do their job when I get a few more track days with it Smile
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 04:37
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
You can have the fanciest dampers in the world, without the right setup or valving they'll be worse than some cheap shit* with the right valving in**

*Until they start leaking 2 miles down the road.
**The trick is if you can actual get the right valving in...

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 04:40
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
hovis16 wrote:
hmmmmmmm what would you go for then rikky?? 250-300 worth

rikky wrote:
lotek, not sure really,

Would you look at that. It was the other Outhere Brother that asked the question. Laugh

Looking good Andy, glad that shagged seat base now takes the weight of something Love

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 04:43
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
axnxdxy wrote:
Yea it was James's Rallye, unfortunately not as clean now I own it LOL

Bars are whatever was on it - on to do list is to look at arb and beam. They have been set up here, haven't been able to play properly on a track yet but very happy on some twisty roads so far. Springs we played around with a few times, I think we settled for 350lb but might be wrong there.

Hovis the gtx kit on there is around £900+, you may be thinking of the gtz kit at around that price?

lol sorry i ment second hand lol about to buy some and just wanted some more info Sad sorry to cultter your post

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner

SEARCH

click here
Posted 7th Jan 2011 at 16:11