displaying posts 26 to 31 of 31

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: My Clio Trophy - the Pink Shed.
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
£56 off eBay, its an OMP Corsica rep Smile

TEAM: 182 Trophy & ITB'd 3 Series
Posted 14th Jan 2011 at 15:58
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Ok, so i dont normally whore, but thanks to James (JMS) and Mike (FailSport) last night, the TroFail is now finished. I'm sure a few of you will have read my project thread, & i'll update that with more info than in here, but chuffed isnt the word, it drives brilliantly & looks ruddy lovely imho Big grin

Roll on Donington & numerous other trackdays/thrashing sessions.

Spec is as follows:

15" Pro Race 3's with T1R's, Brembo HC discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, braided lines/Dot4, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline rear ARB, Eibach camber bolts set to -1.75 degrees, BTB catback exhaust, Espace V6 airbox with ITG filter, Skoda wonky front splitter, RMD Dished steering wheel, 2 x Bimarco Futuras & OMP 3" 4 point harnesses. Rear seats are still in as i like to be able to use the boot.

Hope you like Love

Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 17:15
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
looks lovely

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 17:23
berger

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Wheels are good, not sure on the choice of tyre though.

Always found T1-R to be a bit pap when your asking a bit of them and wear quickly.

Not better with some R888's or a more track/road orientated tyre like the new Yoko Neova?

Bang'in 7 gram rocks!
I have one gear, GO!
Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 20:29
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
berger wrote:
Wheels are good, not sure on the choice of tyre though.

Always found T1-R to be a bit pap when your asking a bit of them and wear quickly.

Not better with some R888's or a more track/road orientated tyre like the new Yoko Neova?

Yeah T1R's arent amazing, i & i had wanted to try some Hankook RS2's, but the supply is a bit hit & miss and didnt fancy having to buy 2 sets lol ...

Not a fan of R888's/similar tbh, id rather do the work, rather than the tyre. Previous experience was that they simply made the clio a wee bit boring, its only got 175BHP, not 400!

Posted 19th Jan 2011 at 21:11
dave-rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
OK, so last night i got the Geo done by a mates garage Big grin

So, effectively, since we fitted the front suspension, the Toe has been out a little, ok, so its been out a lot, brilliant around right hand bends, but not so helpful when the car is trying to turn the M3 into a continuous corner. I've also had to hold the steering wheel at 45 degrees in order to go in a straight line lol. Crabbing FTL Unsure

Effectively, having put it on the rig, the front left toe was at 1.8 (degrees i guess), so the wheels kinda looked like this:

/ l

No wonder it drove funny Blink

Once that was sorted, we checked the rest of the settings out. Now, when we fitted the Eibach camber bolts, i was under the impression that had a max. camber setting of -1.8 degrees, so we just put them to full negative, as you do.

Now im not sure if the Trophy is setup slightly differently to the normal 1*2, but the front camber was -2.8 degrees lol. As such, i thought id leave it, seems to handle ok. Rear camber (despite no shims) is at -1.8 degrees, again, slightly more than i imagined it would be, but if it aiint broke, dont fix it. So we didnt.

Havent driven it that much since, ie just down the M3 with a few roundabouts thrown in via a quick detour, but opionion is as follows:

1. Ridiculous levels of grip/turn in, etc.
2. Rather pointy in terms of direction changes.
3. The car is more than happy to steer on the throttle as well as the wheel.

Obviously Donington will give a proper feel for the car on the 13th, but bugger me, the car is epic now. Proper twitchy little f**ker though Unsure

Posted 3rd Mar 2011 at 19:19

Pages (2): 1 [2]