• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 14th Aug 2012 at 16:07
    coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #427
    Looking goodCool

Black masks would be betterThumbs up

Chrome is gay!Yes

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
    Posted 14th Aug 2012 at 21:44
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Posted 14th Aug 2012 at 21:47
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #429
    Ahh they're the same, must or just been added over the last couple of days.
    Thanks for the link ash.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
    Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
    Posted 14th Aug 2012 at 22:37
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #430
    I now have a completely clean clayed car, just need to polish the s**t out of it now before a wax

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 22nd Aug 2012 at 15:11
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #431
    Roof clayed:

now I've never used a da polisher before, I used a orbital years ago to do 2 cars and I'd not read into it at all then, infact if I knew what I know now then, I wouldn't of done it.
    I am surprised how user freindly the da is in terms of damaging the paint, it seems like it will take a lot to go through the laquer, although I'm only using autoglym super resin until I get used to it, I'll get something a but more heavy duty when Ive gone over the car with sr and got used to it, it would be impossible to do any damage with the se polish and a finishing pad with this I think, but on the other end of the scale, will it give enough beef to remove some proper squirls and scratches, should do using something a but more heavy duty than the polish in starting with.
    Here is the roof after polishing and after rain Doh:

And the wing and bonnet:

looks pretty good for my first proper go after researching the job, no where near finished yet, I plan on making it like a mirror, and i need some detailing tape and something for the squirls.
    Andy

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 22nd Aug 2012 at 18:25
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #432
    had a full day at it today, well the srp and the da has made it Shine and that's about it, it may have reduced the squirls but it's probably just mainly filled them.
    I've had enough now LOL f**k knows how these detailers go about correcting a full car in a day as well as wax eg, all I've done here is clayed polished and waxed it and it's taken me days, it's bad outside with the rain and dust and things falling out of trees and then you have folk lighting garden fires.
    I had the windows looking awsome after giving them a machine polish and thought it would be a good idea to wax them No not at all, I can't really clear it off them properly without it been slightly streaky.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 23rd Aug 2012 at 21:18
    phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #433
    Takes I've got some stuff that'll take the wax back off the windows easily if you want to borrow it.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
    Email me!
    Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
    Posted 23rd Aug 2012 at 23:41
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #434
    yeah mate that be brill, what stuff is it?
    Although saying that, the speed times going, by the time I get round to it, it will probably have worn off.

It's looking good in the rain, it lacks the mettalic look it used to have though still.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 24th Aug 2012 at 06:28
    phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #435
    Haha, it's G4, acid based cleaner with an abrasive in it too.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
    Email me!
    Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
    Posted 24th Aug 2012 at 15:53
    rikky 🦔

Post #436
    phil is trying to sell you industrial TFR in one of his own special tins. be cautious

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 24th Aug 2012 at 15:56
    phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #437
    I'll have you know it's the sweat of the Artic Mermaid-Goat collected in a chalice at 12pm during a lunar eclipse. You can't just get it anywhere you know. (Although, I've bought a few things from sainsburies that tasted like they could be the same stuff)

Email me!
    Posted 24th Aug 2012 at 16:09
    rikky 🦔

Post #438
    yeah i bought some of that in China which apparently cures endless diseases LOL

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 24th Aug 2012 at 16:20
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #439
    Pity camera phone is s**te.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 25th Aug 2012 at 11:31
    ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #440
    buzzbrightyear wrote:

How come your boost gauge goes directly into the inlet. Mine on my low boost went into that little silver thing on the fuel rail, I'm going to fit it to my current car so should I do it like this, this time?

Phase 2 Blaze GTi 6 (Standard) Sold
    Phase 3 Supercharged China GTi 6 (249.8 BHP) Sold
    Phase 3 Supercharged Diablo GTi 6 (443 BHP)Sold
    Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 11:54
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #441
    hi, it's a aem digital gauge, the bit in the inlet is basically a sensor, it comes with its own little wiring loom and the loom goes from the sensor in the inlet to the back of the gauge plus earth and power eg.

Befor this one I had a mechanical gauge that fitted to the t piece like yours.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 12:05
    ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #442
    Ah I see, makes sense. Was just checking as there is a blanking plate on my inlet so I'm guessing Rich had his the same way as yours. I'll fit mine the way it was before then.

Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 12:10
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #443
    was the inlets with the blanking plates the earlier versions?
    this is the same set up as rich w an stans, so the inlet is slightly different, t/b is on the inlet manifold not on the charger.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 12:38
    russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #444
    Earlier versions, mines got one too pretty sure it was when rich though there might be one of the sensors getting mounted there.

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 12:52
    ballardpaul

Seasoned Pro

Post #445
    buzzbrightyear wrote:
    was the inlets with the blanking plates the earlier versions?
    this is the same set up as rich w an stans, so the inlet is slightly different, t/b is on the inlet manifold not on the charger.

Oh yeah I have Rich's. I bought it a couple of months ago.

Nissan 350Z (300 BHP)
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 18:35
    swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #446
    No matter who owns the diablo beast it will always be known as rich w's car lol

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
    blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
    Black p3 Love
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 18:37
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #447
    swiftyboi006 wrote:
    No matter who owns the diablo beast it will always be known as rich w's car lol

Yes

And what a legend it is too. Smile

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 18:52
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #448
    well of you want to fit the digital gauge, then the bonus is you could remove the plate and wt one made with the threads on for the sensor, no need ti remove Manifold for you.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 19:42
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #449
    http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=150830

well not long after getting the polish out, a woman didnt clear her window of her 206 and with totally steamed up windows pulled off her drive, drove up the road from her house, got 100 yards, probably even less and drove straight into the back of my parked up gti6, mine was half on the path and half on the road, she ran into the back drivers side corner of the car, i think most of the force was taken on the towing eye, if the handbrake was a bit better on these cars it would of probably been a lot worse, even though my brakes and cables are all new it still shoved it 7 foot.
    here is the damage although its a camera phone so it may not show up so well:

im not sure whats going to happen yet with this but i think ill be having a fight on my hands with the third party insurance company seen as they rung me the other day seeing if i just wanted to settle now and keep the car as thats what they tend to do with older cars, i told them it had an agreed value of 5k but is actually worth double that and i would like it fixing and they said to get them some quotes which ive had no time to do, but on wednesday im off work so will do it then.
    the thing is though, although it looks very minor at first, it seems the more i look at it its actually worse than it looks, the quater panel is has little warps all over it and the crossmember has a very distinct bend in it just before the back rear beam mount. if they pay me out for over the agreed value i will just take it and wait for another gti6 with an absolutely immaculate shell, could be a none runner but as long as the shell is unusually immaculate it will be good to start again with all my parts.

anyway, while i was away i had some welding done on my shell, it had basically rotted on the front chassis bits where the bulkhead meets the floor, i didnt see it and am waiting for pics of what it looked like but he said it had rotted and had started to pull apart, a few of these cars have done this now, i think mine was originally caused by at some point in its life it had been jacked up here dinting it slightly and breaking the anderseal/paint allowing water in, i also dont know if when i cleaned up and painted these areas, if i blocked up some escape route for any water to get out, which is quite possible.
    they have done a good job of keeping the shape right with the plating they have done, the welding looks nothing special but hes ment to be very good so i suspect its due to the metal on the car been old and dirty and the floor pan in the car is painted eg, i suppose the welding can only be as good as the steel your welding to allows it?
    heres a couple of pics of there work, ill get more when its up on a ramp:

and ive given my new gearbox a quick jet wash, note the cans and socket with bolt in centre ive modified to block up any holes that will let water in there:

this is ment to be very very low mileage and it does look it, a quaiffe diff will be fitted, i cant wait to have a smooth gearbox again, mine is starting to make noises LOL
    it was rolling roaded the other week but was breaking traction and lifting out the rollers so he had to abort as there was no in there points for fwd

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 20th Sep 2012 at 00:32
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #450
    im wondering if there should be a drain hole in the steel plating thats been done?

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 21st Oct 2012 at 20:56

Pages (22): first .. 17 [18] 19 .. last